FOTU 2023

Ghosty

Really been thinking today if I should go or not. I have been so upset about the ULEZ verdict today even though I expect it that the thought of spending the day looking at cars I can no longer aspire to have is too depressing.. But then I thought that's exactly what he wants, anyone who doesn't buy into his ideology to be punished. So barring any last minute disaster me and my lovely XM will be giving one last two fingered salute to Sadiq Khan. Come and say hello if you see us

20230728_150248.jpg

43 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Best wishes/good luck to all those of you who are going. I shall be driving across the French countryside, avoiding autoroutes and hoping to see a few of the things at FOTU in their natural habitat.

I was a little disappointed to read further up the thread you wouldn't be attending. Obviously you have a decent excuse, we'll miss the Laurel as a natural gathering point! 

I'm going again, not in my Lexus. Also got a friend to attend in his quite smart and not massively unexception V90 which he is 'displaying'. I know a few dismiss the event these days but I've been really looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, Gompo said:

I was a little disappointed to read further up the thread you wouldn't be attending. Obviously you have a decent excuse, we'll miss the Laurel as a natural gathering point! 

I'm going again, not in my Lexus. Also got a friend to attend in his quite smart and not massively unexception V90 which he is 'displaying'. I know a few dismiss the event these days but I've been really looking forward to it. 

Had a blackcurrant S90, great car. Olden Days tech. 

8 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

If anyone can’t go I’ll buy your ticket, I’ve gotten permission to borrow dads Corsa B club

E31950B7-1D2A-41F6-879D-316E54480298.jpeg

there are a number of people selling tickets on the FoTu Facebook group if you don't have any luck on here, but be wary as there were one or two scammers last year 

Massively jealous of all who are going, I thought I’d not be able to, and then last minute could. But couldn’t get the Pontiac a new battery (that wasn’t £arserape) in time - bloody side terminals.

Enjoy all! 

bit of a Long shot, but if anyone happens to find the AC Acedes Mk15 , if you could photograph the *underside* of the dashboard for me, that would much appreciated! I am quite eager to know what that looks like for important AC Invalid vehicle research! :) Ted knows who I am so feel free to name drop me to get access so to speak LOL

On 07/04/2023 at 14:30, LightBulbFun said:

however here is a standard AC Acedes Mk14 inside shot (ie not a reverse control machine)

ac3.jpg

and again looking "backwards" from a similar angle of a reverse control as in this shot note the hump is again on the other side!

download - 2023-04-06T221635.326.png

the really curious thing! is the parts manuals I have, make NO MENTION of seperate reverse control parts, apart from 1 washer that has a note "for Reverse control machines only" 

image.png.f619a713049ebabdf047750061193a98.png

so I have to wonder, where Fibreglass Acedes made to be flipped if that make sense, IE is the dashboard, literally the same plastic moulding, just turned the other-way around? (I have never seen underneath a Fibreglass Acedes dash board to see if its solid or not)

Good to see so many familiar faces there today. We got in earlier so no drama, but the sound of imminent failure echoed across the lanes as, once again, people took too long to get parked. 

Still, the bASe got lots of attention (mainly due to being parked next to a Delorean) and I successfully managed to avoid every YouTuber, Content Creator and weirdo who was there. (literally hundreds)

09C93DDD-5384-413C-A19F-B916F3138E2E.thumb.jpeg.c6ab84fedc980cecd0c12668b5610772.jpeg

my son takes a truly terrible photo!

On 7/28/2023 at 3:38 PM, wesacosa said:

Really been thinking today if I should go or not. I have been so upset about the ULEZ verdict today even though I expect it that the thought of spending the day looking at cars I can no longer aspire to have is too depressing.. But then I thought that's exactly what he wants, anyone who doesn't buy into his ideology to be punished. So barring any last minute disaster me and my lovely XM will be giving one last two fingered salute to Sadiq Khan. Come and say hello if you see us

20230728_150248.jpg

Sad times. Quite how binning decent survivors like your XM from the cities is the right* choice, I'll never understand. Can't you just clone the plate from Ronnie Pickering's Pickarsehole and drive on?!