LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

2 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Get a grip on yourself. You have zero idea how hard anyone else works on this forum. Stop pushing your anger onto others - it's not healthy.

It seems like you're going through some stuff - and I hope it gets better - but this isn't the outlet for it, or the way to deal with it. 

Wow. I cant sleep for pain, then i go to work and get somehow through the tiredness and the pain, not to mention the stress and anxiety that goes with it. All so I dont have to go cap in hand to the state and look like a failure to the family, and have them eating from the foodbank. But thanks for the words of wisdom. Im not pushing anger onto others, and if you would care to read my initial post, i stated that the boy was wasted doing what he does. There are many many ways he could benefit society and earn plenty more using his amazing brainpower, thus allowing him to further indulge his pastimes

3 minutes ago, chancer said:

Wow. I cant sleep for pain, then i go to work and get somehow through the tiredness and the pain, not to mention the stress and anxiety that goes with it. All so I dont have to go cap in hand to the state and look like a failure to the family, and have them eating from the foodbank. But thanks for the words of wisdom. Im not pushing anger onto others, and if you would care to read my initial post, i stated that the boy was wasted doing what he does. There are many many ways he could benefit society and earn plenty more using his amazing brainpower, thus allowing him to further indulge his pastimes

Get therapy. You're projecting your issues hard. Again - I sympathise - but it's not anyone's fault. It's not down to you to decide what benefits society. Christ. 

15 minutes ago, chancer said:

Retracted....im better than that. Im sore and cant sleep. Sorry for saying get fucked

Makes no difference to me what you say - but calling out and going on weird pointed rants to other members for enjoying themselves and sharing it because want to share that passion with others, all because your life isn't how you want it is not okay. 

Seriously - talk to someone. You really don't seem very well - and its okay, life is fucking shit sometimes - I understand. I do. But being this angry at everyone else isn't the answer. 

16 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Makes no difference to me what you say - but calling out and going on weird pointed rants to other members for enjoying themselves and sharing it because want to share that passion with others, all because your life isn't how you want it is not okay. 

Seriously - talk to someone. You really don't seem very well - and its okay, life is fucking shit sometimes - I understand. I do. But being this angry at everyone else isn't the answer. 

Dont need to talk to anyone. Who are you to tell me to get therapy? I simply made an observation of a situation. Looks like one of the 'mods' has removed my initial post anyway. Lets wrap the boy in bubble wrap eh? If anyone with a brain looked into the post they would see that i was getting that he could do so much better for himself. But lets all get offended on his behalf eh? Perhaps the boy needs some truths and words of encouragement before he can better himself? Wont get that here 

12 hours ago, chancer said:

Dont need to talk to anyone. Who are you to tell me to get therapy? I simply made an observation of a situation. Looks like one of the 'mods' has removed my initial post anyway. Lets wrap the boy in bubble wrap eh? If anyone with a brain looked into the post they would see that i was getting that he could do so much better for himself. But lets all get offended on his behalf eh? Perhaps the boy needs some truths and words of encouragement before he can better himself? Wont get that here 

The post didn't contravene any AS rules.

I don't think chancer is being particularly angry, from what I can make out, he's asking if buying lightbulbs is the best use of state benefits. I'm on state pension, and I still go to work. I'm up at 5.30 most mornings Monday to Friday. I certainly haven't got the spare cash to spunk on lightbulbs or similar.

I can see where chancer is coming from.

Gordon Bennet, give it a rest you lot. So what if LBF is careful enough with the money to be able to give himself a treat occasionaly. It's really none of our business. Frankly if you're that jelous of a guy with a pritty darn life-fucking disability, and that you can't make your own money strech to the same occasionally treats, then you need to learn some better life skills and how to handle your money better. Some of us remember what it was like under Thatcher in the '80s. Belive me, SHE wouldn't have paid the country to stay at home during covid etc nor handed out those cost of living payments I'm sure you've all enjoyed...

The best use of anyone's money, benefit obtained or not - is whatever they want to use it on. If you're getting riled about what someone else spends their money in you probably need to go outside and touch some grass. Or go-to the wasteland that is the political subforum. 

9 hours ago, chancer said:

Who are you to tell people they need to better themselves and give them "encouragement" in the form of thinly veiled passive aggression and judgement? Who is anyone to decide what anyone's best self looks like? 

Find it weird that the first post was removed but the quote wasn't nor the rest of the discussion. Weird moderation standards.

10 hours ago, chancer said:

Whole nation is in crisis an we have this shit going on.... But yeah, you batter in and endulge those who can 'enjoy their life' at our expense

*Our* expense? Please don't group me in with whatever Daily Mail readers I assume you're referencing. I have no issue with people spending their money, earned in whatever means, on whatever they like. Because it's their choice. 

If you are personally offended at someone else doing what they like with your "hard earned tax money, them bloody scroungers" - maybe being active in political circles to effect change is a better use of time then just harassing people online in a fit of self pity. 

Or - just realise you aren't the only hard done by person in the world and you don't control everything. 

ANYHOW

Back to talking about Invacars and / or lightbulbs. Because that's what's important in this thread. 

Im not allowed to express an opinion now, no? Would love to see the spend on bulbs and transit van hire if the money was hard earned! What a place this has become. For the record, I would like the original post reinstated because as far as I can tell it breached no rules. I have asked why it disappeared but had no response. Go back to wrapping the boy in cotton wool and i will get back to the daily grind

11 minutes ago, chancer said:

Im not allowed to express an opinion now, no? Would love to see the spend on bulbs and transit van hire if the money was hard earned! What a place this has become. For the record, I would like the original post reinstated because as far as I can tell it breached no rules. I have asked why it disappeared but had no response. Go back to wrapping the boy in cotton wool and i will get back to the daily grind

Genuinely hilarious. My condolences for your slaving away in the mines while others scrounge from your sweat and tears living the high life while your family suffer. 

Mods should make a sticky, if any member ever put anything that isn't cold hard cash earned with good ol' graft into your car you will be immediately forced to scrap it and have to pay any proceeds as reparations directly to @chancer for profiting off of his years of dedication. 

11 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Surely with all that lot you’ve just bought it’d be a great idea to split and resell a load to generate some funds to put towards repairs to the car? Seems like an obvious move!

As Red5 has invested a lot of time, effort and I imagine money into it I think that this would be a responsible course of action.

17 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Genuinely hilarious. My condolences for your slaving away in the mines while others scrounge from your sweat and tears living the high life while your family suffer. 

Mods should make a sticky, if any member ever put anything that isn't cold hard cash earned with good ol' graft into your car you will be immediately forced to scrap it and have to pay any proceeds as reparations directly to @chancer for profiting off of his years of dedication. 

That therapist you suggested I go see, want his number? 😂

Go for a walk, breathe in some fresh air, and have a nice life bud ✌

5 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Doh! Schoolboy error :(

its still a good Photograph :)  I remember when you first posted it to another thread, It was the first time I had seen a picture of Mk12's on L plates :) (seen a few more since but this was the first photo)

it was also one of the very first photos in this thread https://autoshite.com/topic/21654-chod-north-east-spotting-through-time/

in the very first post but the pictures there are now broken sadly

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

its still a good Photograph :)  I remember when you first posted it to another thread, It was the first time I had seen a picture of Mk12's on L plates :) (seen a few more since but this was the first photo)

it was also one of the very first photos in this thread https://autoshite.com/topic/21654-chod-north-east-spotting-through-time/

in the very first post but the pictures there are now broken sadly

Forgot I'd posted it before, soz.   

4 hours ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Weird moderation standards.

Autoshite in 2023. 

Chancer: My advice in these situations is “Don’t hate the player - hate the game”.

Aprospos nothing in particular: Plenty of us all make questionable life decisions. Many of my motoring and fiscal ones would be best categorised as “ill-advised”. But then so is shouting at a wall, which is what you’re doing. 

6 hours ago, Tetleysmooth said:

I don't think chancer is being particularly angry, from what I can make out, he's asking if buying lightbulbs is the best use of state benefits. I'm on state pension, and I still go to work. I'm up at 5.30 most mornings Monday to Friday. I certainly haven't got the spare cash to spunk on lightbulbs or similar.

I can see where chancer is coming from.

article-1318350033203-07c601c2000005dc-648648_568x441.jpg.8544837f4fff93d6e6700de172e0a3d0.jpg

On 7/16/2023 at 11:08 AM, Tetleysmooth said:

he's asking if buying lightbulbs is the best use of state benefits.   I certainly haven't got the spare cash to spunk on lightbulbs or similar.

How someone spends their own money, state benefit or otherwise is absolutely none of yours, or indeed anyone else's business.  The fact that you have financial responsibilities is your own affair.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, chancer said:

Would love to see the spend on bulbs and transit van hire if the money was hard earned!

As above.  The source of money spent is absolutely none of your (or indeed anyone else's) business whatsoever. 

Both of you are falling into the "RAAAAAAHMYTAXDOLLARS" type rant, which is absolutely absurd.  The notion that you're bitching and wining about "I work so fucking hard, why should someone on state benefits have disposable income" is quite frankly Orwellian.  If I pay more tax than you, does that mean I should have a larger say in how state handouts should be spent?  Of course not.  Or indeed, if someone works, but is right on the threshold for tax, does that diminish the validity of their contribution to government coffers?  Not even slightly.

A while back, I was in receipt of state benefits.  If someone had told me that because they pay tax, they can dictate to me what I can and can't spend said benefit on, they'd have been told in no uncertain terms which direction they can fuck off in.

Surely it's got nothing to do with whether someone is disabled or not.  It's all to do with whether it's acceptable for a taxpayer to dictate to a benefits recipient (of any flavour) what they can and cannot do with that money.

Are we going to have someone following them around tesco, dictating what they can and cannot buy?  "Nope, you're not allowed the posh cheese.  I have to buy the cheap stuff, so should you!"

Absolutely absurd.

5 minutes ago, Tetleysmooth said:

Woke woke woke.

Like most wokeists, you're very rude and angry. No need for it.

AM I BEING DETAINED?! AM I BEING DETAINED?! 

A man spending his money on lightbulbs is a bizarre thing to get jealous about especially considering you know almost zero about his situation. If you're up at 530am 5 days a week and you can't afford lightbulbs yourself you should spend more time focussing on your own shit

27 minutes ago, Tetleysmooth said:

Woke woke woke.

Like most wokeists, you're very rude and angry. No need for it.

If "minding my own fucking business" is being "woke", then bring it on.

And yes, I'm a little peeved.  Peeved that you should think it reasonable to tell someone else what they can and can't spend their money on.  Because it's bullshit.