OliD-E

Oli’s cars Reliant Jubilee Robin, Rover Metro Rio, Rover 211i, Rover 75 Club CDTi Tourer, AC Model 70

I didn't know they had made a limited edition Robin for the 1977 Jubilee

48392879_10155600063566076_2298407175283

What better way of celebrating 25 years of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth II than buying a special edition tripod ( then fitting it with a towbar and going camping with a trailer tent)?

48392879_10155600063566076_2298407175283

What better way of celebrating 25 years of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth II than buying a special edition tripod ( then fitting it with a towbar and going camping with a trailer tent)?

wonder what happened to that one?

Quick update as I haven’t done one for a while

Poor little KPL has been buried

ae322b1e17cb8da4f2709f9d6bb527c8.jpg An engine has been sourced for her but has not been bought

85e59877d68e52603afaa2c4f80c6718.jpgand i am having a second attempt at buying a Rover 75 Tourer

fd92db9b45e17a874a759537ec0b255c.jpg apart from this the Robin still does not have a bonnet attached and Sadie the 200 does not have her rear view mirror back on but she does now have Bluetooth

I was wondering a while ago what happened to all the engines pulled from scrapped Model 70s, I imagined (especially being made of aluminium) they would of all gone to scrap, but also wondered if a scrap yard somewhere had a pile of them lying around sitting forgotten somewhere

that sure looks like the case in your pictures, I see some also have Gearboxes attached? do you know if your source has any of the pulleys?, (or complete Model 70s for that matter?  :mrgreen: ) it will be interesting to know if any of the distributors turn on those engines too :)

I was wondering a while ago what happened to all the engines pulled from scrapped Model 70s, I imagined (especially being made of aluminium) they would of all gone to scrap, but also wondered if a scrap yard somewhere had a pile of them lying around sitting forgotten somewhere

that sure looks like the case in your pictures, I see some also have Gearboxes attached? do you know if your source has any of the pulleys?, (or complete Model 70s for that matter? :mrgreen: ) it will be interesting to know if any of the distributors turn on those engines too :)

i am unsure about gearboxes however i know he does have a complete model 70 which I believe may be for sale

the one in your picture has most things still attached still at least :) you can see the gearbox+entire rear axel attached to it still the only thing it seems to be missing is pulleys (im guessing some just pulled it out of a scrap car in one big lump)

(you can see the 2 drive shafts, and also the 2 pulley shafts with the adjustment rod for adjusting the distance between em, looks like its sitting upside down)

on the model 70 for sale: ooooh got any more details on that?  :mrgreen:

because as you may have noticed slightly* from my thread on invacars, im very interested in them and look to acquire one too :)

the one in your picture has most things still attached still at least :) you can see the gearbox+entire rear axel attached to it still the only thing it seems to be missing is pulleys (im guessing some just pulled it out of a scrap car in one big lump)

(you can see the 2 drive shafts, and also the 2 pulley shafts with the adjustment rod for adjusting the distance between em, looks like its sitting upside down)

on the model 70 for sale: ooooh got any more details on that? :mrgreen:

because as you may have noticed slightly* from my thread on invacars, im very interested in them and look to acquire one too :)

just had a chat with him and it is not actually for sale sorry about that he has a Mk12 that is if thats any good

ohh alright, thanks for checking for me :)

im interested/looking for just Model 70s at the moment :) (I sadly dont have the money to go chasing after both a Model 70 and other invalid carriages/cars at the same time)

(I do find it a bit ironic that despite Mk12s being rarer then Model 70s they seem to be the only ones available atm  :mrgreen: )

What sort of condition? Any pictures? Fins a-go-go, like a miniature Cadillac.

somewhatfoolish might be interested in the Mk12 tho? (well he showed interest in the ones plasticvandan mentioned :) )

\\\\\\\\\\tell us more about the 75.

Did you ever find out about hairnet?

I have not found out about him yet the 75 is odd as on MGRover.info it is apparently a Connoisseur that was to be exported to Germany but still be RHD however it apparently has been in the same family from new and is speced like a Club and is absolutely filthy and needs a very good clean out

dc3dcf5379dc72a5c727812e13099b3b.jpg5de8d8b0ba71212b62f3a7fed611372e.jpgeccec56a8a0dc0d6185d1fa9e7095be3.jpgb1e9199b41e84dbd6e746cbde3d46400.jpgf61696629a11e6a2843d61826a9382ee.jpg Update time little KPL has had to be moved out of the workshop and into a field shelter temporarily Roo the 75 has had a much needed clean inside and out And I don’t like birds aswell as this the CityRover and Metro and Robin are put away for a while as i may have found somewhere to keep the CityRover and Metro so there isn’t as many cars at home

Bad news in CityRover world it has decided it doesn’t want its rear spring to be attached anymorea5f7bcc1d107aafcc686c853e457407c.jpg also the 75 has been getting most of the attention recently including a new rear wiper brakes a good clean out an oil change and a roof box ee79c2887491be1be2bbddd288e5fc3d.jpg

Well its been a while so i thought i would do another post not too much has happened first the 200 is now back on the road and i went to POL in it and it didn’t miss a beat does need the cooling system flushed though f205f8c7963b009ebd1f32c99f919bc2.jpg the 75 has come off the road as it needs some work doing the CityRover is now more broken and needs new HT leads as its only running on two cylinders I have found someone who will weld the Metro for a good price so that will hopefully be done soon 711b8e4b262829437cd3d9e6b80c594b.jpg The Robin also went on the road for a weekend for the first time since 1988 to go to a microcar meet that was local I have also finally fitted the bonnet 93974f5ec93e7f5ae70f863e248ab3a0.jpg and in Invacar world there is some very small news but i am quite excited about it i have ordered some number-plates to go on i am still not sure what to do about all the much bigger problems yet but i am sure i will work it out somehow dd4c0cdaace0753ab173774a842ca3f6.jpg In other news there is a possibility of a new project as i clearly don’t have enough already but I don’t know yet so i wont say anything

very cool stuff  I saw your reliant on the Microcar world FB page a week or 2 ago at that meet
funny you post an update as I was just thinking your situation given I have a lead on 2 Model 70s all of a sudden

Ooh that sounds exciting!

very cool stuff  I saw your reliant on the Microcar world FB page a week or 2 ago at that meet
funny you post an update as I was just thinking your situation given I have a lead on 2 Model 70s all of a sudden

Also I found another photo of an Invacar with a Q plate 004c5b5065094c5914f2122dbe6d215b.jpg

indeed it is very exciting, check out my thread for details :) 

indeed I have come across that Q plater before, theres some things I sadly cant share about it, but it was highly dodgy hence why its no longer in the UK (its in Sweden now with another Model 70 in someones personal collection)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...
    • By LightBulbFun
      Thread index:

I visit Zels place and sit in a Model 70 for the first time http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-thread-index-on-page-1/?p=1586996

I Join the RUMCars forum, ATW722L gets offered to me and I get a bit* overexcited  http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-vin-plate-tidbits-on-page-38/?p=1689518

Eggs Mk12 story starts: http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-vin-plate-tidbits-on-page-38/?p=1737181

the Northern Ireland Model 70 mystery gets underway http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-thread-index-on-page-1/?p=1739073

I join the Microcar facebook group and run into Stuart the guy who knows almost all http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-vin-plate-tidbits-on-page-38/?p=1742649

Model 70 known survivors details/list http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-thread-index-on-page-1/?p=1753903

Q231PVL (MPH759P) shows up for sale: http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-vin-plate-tidbits-on-page-38/?p=1760809

Model 70 Vin plate tidbits: http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-vin-plate-tidbits-on-page-38/?p=1769692

Q231PVL (MPH759P)'s number plate is finally confirmed to be MPH759P: http://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-with-survivors-list-on-page-26-and-thread-index-on-page-1/?p=1781134

MPH759P hits the road, I get a lead on 2 Invacar Model 70's and TWC says hello! https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-2-potential-model-70s-located-pictures-on-page-53-and-turn-ya-bastard/?do=findComment&comment=1808539

I drive a car for the first time, and I get more info on the 2 Model 70's and find official documentation mentioning the Model 70 Mark A and Model 70 Mark B https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-wanted-an-invacar-ac-model-70-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-2-potential-model-70s-located-page-46-and-twc-says-hello/?do=findComment&comment=1827605

I finally acquire my own Invacar Model 70, REV451R https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-multi-person-multi-day-multi-invacar-multi-collection-caper/?do=findComment&comment=1840355

I figure out when the rollover bar was added to the Model 70, and get the V5c for REV451R in my name https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-got-the-v5c-officially-the-registered-keeper-of-rev451r-now/?do=findComment&comment=1847655

I figure out how to find previously unknown blocks of Model 70 registration numbers on the DVLA checker without any pictures, and discover H reg Prototype Model 70's and J Reg production Model 70's https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-proof-of-h-and-j-reg-model-70s-discovered/?do=findComment&comment=1864381

I start getting regular paid for offical driving lessons  https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-second-lesson-had/?do=findComment&comment=1893233

Orignial post:

so how do I start this post off well...

to cut to the chase I know of a picture that was taken 9 years ago and its a picture of an abandoned invacar and I have been trying to find said invacar for reasons that are probably quite illogical    (also some slight sentimental ones)

heres the picture in question

I have managed to stalk track down the person who took the photo, and he said that it was by an art studio on fish island bow (which is hipster-central FYI) (the photographer is currently on holiday apparently, but said that when he gets back he will go through his archives and see if he has a reg plate shot)

so the other day I went to fish island and had a good old fashion hunt  (and utterly did my back in) but sadly I was unable to find it despite finding plenty of other chod.

so Im wondering if any of you guys might have any idea where this invacar is or what might of happened to it?

the sentimental reasons why I want to find and save this/get an invacar is because when I was about Age 3 I saw an invacar parked up by the side of the road and it was the the first car that ever stood out to me made me go "WTF is that?" (but in 3 year old words, I didn't learn the middle finger until i was 4 ) to which my mum said "its a car for disabled people" (which 3 year old me took as, "all cars with 3 wheels where built for disabled people" so I also thought for a long time that reliant robins where built for disabled people too...)

the "illogical" reasons are that well I have never owned a car before... and I think an invacar would be a good simple vehicle for me to cut my teeth on so to speak, and then once I got it going I could "daily it" as a small run about, since ironically enough I have a bad back which prevents me from doing much outside of the house otherwise... also owning a car in Central London is a horrible idea but if you must, best it be a small compact car right?   (and also hopefully its cheap to have/run as well...) 

also finally its also a case of I Just want to do SOMETHING, my chronic back injury has meant that I have been housebound for the last 5 years or so and I just want to fucking do something... and what better to do then to try and find and save a historically important vehicle thats also proper autoshite  (this also leads to, even if I cant personally save it, I hope that its at least found and persevered by someone here but ideally id like to grab it )

PS while out and about looking for the invacar I came across this yard in fish island which seemed to have some traveller type people mulling around about in, I was hoping to ask one of them if they knew about the invacar since they seemed to of been the sort of person who might know about it sadly I could not find a way into the "compound",I also grabbed this shot since my inner bus person wonders what that coach is? sadly I could not grab a reg plate shot, for those wondering as well the thing with the blue tarp roof looked like a pretty old Lorry but I could not get a good view of it sadly, there where also some cars and broken transits sitting around.

so yeah I hope you all dont mind me making this post I know its a bit far fetched so to speak (the picture WAS taken almost 10 years ago and fish island has been quite heavily redeveloped since then I think)...

but I am stubborn bastard so I hope to find it still 
    • By Insideimsmiling
      As a sort of Jay Leno on minimum wage and an admitted car addict what should be my next bargain buy? I have a history littered with old mainly British cars and the oil stains on the drive to prove it, however with the days of cheap Triumph and Morris motors over where do I go to get my fix? The time when an Allegro or Vanden Plas could be picked up in the local classified section is long gone and people have now accepted Metros as collectable. Hell I used to be a weirdo for seeing a BRM Rover as desirable and not just an old motor with a tacky interior and a hooker's lipstick. Now I have always thought that the Streetwise was an idea ahead of it's time and I have one as a daily driver, with an MG TF covering the sports car need an old Jag for that pub landlord look, but to get my fix do l go for a City Rover or is that a step too far? I want something from the Firm even if it is an Indian take away and these are yet to go up as modern classic's, so I am thinking a high spec in black with some tasteful alloys.Will the coming Pride of Longbridge include a smattering of CityRovers or are they a step too far and destined to virtual extinction like the Austin Ambassador?
    • By CaMIRO
      Hadn't seen this in a few years, always seems like I'm watching it for the first time. Thought someone else might appreciate seeing it again.

http://www.veoh.com/list/c/MGROVER