What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

24 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

(2nd pic) Even your dashboard looks discombobulated  by it :)

Am not surprised a 1.4 berlingo at full chat smoking a Bently was a magical moment. What a wonderful world. Those big headlamps in my mirror. Truly magnificent. The two chaps had the leather hats and goggles too. All round awesomeness. I am still amazed. 

10 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Glad to see they made it, they were at my French local (Hotel de France) for the Le Mans Classique 24hr

On the other hand, it’s lasted nearly 100 years with maintenance, why break down now? Simplicity is easy to work on.

When I was going to work last week, as I passed over the m3 there was a similar Bentley going south at 7 am ish . Probably not the same car as I don’t think you’d go down the m3 to get to France.

22 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

So its gone midnight am on the m25 foot mashed to the floor making progress at midnight motorway speed and come up upon two fellas in a muthafunking vintage Bentley doing just the same. Came off next exit on the 127 it sounded and looked magnificent on the flyby. 

F9EE7364-B3C5-48C2-81CD-126E7CE7D9B3.thumb.jpeg.13bf384e104d6b9d649b537214558a7c.jpeg

7CF8FBE2-F6D8-48BA-A66F-4CA14086279C.thumb.jpeg.804e1a89a661d9e286d7e65e34c81c6d.jpeg

One like that past me in my town the other day , wonder if it was the same one ????

Nigel the council noise man has a delightful way with words. He's been talking to my neighbour about the bastard AC.

I have again strongly suggested that he get the company back and the units are taken off and put free standing in the garden. This was not met very well and even less so when I asked for a time frame.

By coincidence* there is no AC tonight. Maybe genius next door is planning on laying low for a week and it will all go away magically. 

C4B62A98-513A-45D3-97DC-09799AE7D9AA.thumb.jpeg.70319487e1ff447ddabb66ea1102e3e6.jpeg

19 year old son has never been much of a tinkerer, his interests have mainly circulated around gaming and he’s always been theoretical, but lately he’s been very much into cooking and food. 

Now he’s finishing his own Neapolitan pizza oven, and he’s learnt a lot. I hope it’ll live through its first fire!

16 minutes ago, Rightnider said:

He’s been reading up on this for a year, and is very thorough. The test batch of today was supposedly okay, 40 seconds for one pizza. We’ll be having friends over tomorrow and he’s promised to make pizzas for us then.  Looking forward to that. 

Has he created a set of instructions? Intrigued to know how he built it. 

2 hours ago, Rightnider said:

FFF81EC5-8180-41AF-AF55-961C6674348A.thumb.jpeg.fe5cafd1e0fcf4db5658b5e6ac7f89f6.jpegThe aforementioned oven is a success, which is a relief since he’s had two failures prior to this.

526BED8F-C9A2-419E-9E39-08F477993712.thumb.jpeg.d8f3160139ed54d2621a1929cb784333.jpeg

Looking good for this summer!

Awesome, just awesome. I have a pizza oven and the basic tomato, basil and mozzarella with Italian beer or wine is a guilty pleasure, like you say less than a minute and happiness is guaranteed !

9 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Has he created a set of instructions? Intrigued to know how he built it. 

He has been looking online, apparently there are a few who’s been making ovens using cement mixed with perlite. He made a casting mild using wet sand with cling film over, covering it with the mixture armed with chicken wire. 

The base was made with the same materials, and ‘biscotti’ pizza stones if remember correctly. He found some broken ones at a fair price. 

https://www.ausperl.com/perlite/pizza-oven/

3 hours ago, Rightnider said:

He has been looking online, apparently there are a few who’s been making ovens using cement mixed with perlite. He made a casting mild using wet sand with cling film over, covering it with the mixture armed with chicken wire. 

The base was made with the same materials, and ‘biscotti’ pizza stones if remember correctly. He found some broken ones at a fair price. 

https://www.ausperl.com/perlite/pizza-oven/

Has he photos taken during it's construction? 

I've a load of heavy fire bricks for the base of of mine (version 2.0) which should get very hot and "regulate" the temperature  and many spares  if anyone what some for their own constructions.