Can someone help me make my case?

montytom

I currently own a rover 75 launch car.

20151028_100842_zpsjr3eoc1h.jpg

he it is.

My father also has a Rover 75 launch car

20141103_131005_zpsae96dea1.jpg

Theres my dads.

The other day a gentleman came into the supermarket I work in and went to the customer services desk with a note for me.

Well the long story cut short is I now own another Rover 75 launch car.Picking it up this morning.

20160223_150127_zpsqmrb60ja.jpg

Now I have a dilemma.

My father keeps asking me what I am doing with it ie sell it or take some bits off and scrap it(which the previous owner said was fine) 

The previous owner said I can get it on the road or I can break it to keep mine on the road.

Well truth be told I want to tidy it up and keep it myself.

I know it sounds silly having 3 exactly same specced cars but I love them.

Is there anyway to convince my father or is it just a case of waiting for him to go to London to work then Tax and insure the thing?

Any ideas please??

Thanks Thomas

Imagine you had got 3 identical launch model Range Rovers, neither of you would need to go to work ever again as they would be appreciating faster than you could earn . And the Range Rover wasn't even the last model from an illustrious and historical company.

If this doesn't convince your Dad, get a second set of plates made for yours and make sure one of them is always hidden, that way you only need one lot of tax and insurance too.

I have a similar problem (affliction) which involves buying nearly every Peugeot 405 automatic which turns up.  In your case though as the third one is the same spec and colour wouldn't it make more sense and save a lot of money to keep it somewhere as your spares car for both of them?  They're only going to get scarcer.

Get a spare plate for yours and your Dad's.

Fit these to the new car........one rear one front.

At your house park it so that your own plate is visible from lounge. Wife will think you have not put the car away.

When visiting Dad park it so his plate is visible from house. He will think he has forgot to put car away.

If at any time you wife/dad sees both cars close to each other put it down to stress and make them a cup of tea.

One the other hand you could just tell wife/dad that you are keeping the bloody car and that's the last you want to hear of it...

Put them both on eBay, price them with a figure like a New York telephone number, then go on at length to say you know what they are worth and if you don't get £3500 for them by the end of February you'll smash them to bits with a brick. Then in the insuming months add increasingly desperate and bitter anecdotes about people that have pissed you about. Follow this format.

Yep, I see you have a low post count, so unless you've lurked for years you will be unaware that people are now envious of you, and any attempt to plea a case for selling one will be met with disdain.

You're in the wrong place if you want to get rid of them, but the right place if you do the correct thing and keep all 3! And bring all 3 to Shitefest!

Thanks all my dad has seen the car and went inside,Hes not saying much so I am taking that as a win :-D

Regarding what is a launch car

Its a connoisseur but with alot more extras than a connoisseur se

2.5v6 auto

Wedgwood blue

blue leather

crown alloys

5 bar-2x heated seats, traction control,cruise control and electric sunblind.

Onboard computer

satnav and tv in dash and electric sunroof.

Thanks again for all your help it did make me chuckle