Well that's a bit random - somebody stole half my car... eBay nob content

explosive-cabbage

Hang on, did no-one else look at this guy's feedback?

Feedback as a seller
2 Feedback received

iconNeg_16x16.gif sellers like this give ebay a bad name stay away.....
PEUGEOT 306 D TURBO BLACK 1996 MODIFIED RARE (#290481812814)

iconNeg_16x16.gif refuesd to sell because he did't get as much as he wanted
PEUGEOT 306 D TURBO BLACK 1996 MODIFIED RARE (#290470085281)

Both from 2010. Guy's looking to corner the market in not selling 306 diesels. 

I'd put good money on it either still being complete or the parts are on another car that he has had his grubby hands on. Either way I'd personally steer well clear and not waste any more time on it/him.

If it doesn't have driveshafts, the wheel bearings will probably collapse, and then the wheels will come off.

Forgot about that - good point. 

I havn't heard from him yet today - I may go and have a look down there on Friday if I can get a postcode. 

I have tried finding MOT centres on Google Maps in Rochdale, and there is about 30, so thats a no-go. Could be anywhere!

I could go buy it, strip out the engine where it stands and leave the rest - I'm still monies up.

Or if I dare to brave the cops with illegal towing,  strip it then A frame the shell to a local scrappys and weigh it in. 

I think it's this place.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mot+rochdale&hl=en&ll=53.614847,-2.154661&spn=0.001766,0.005284&sll=53.608625,-2.155584&sspn=0.003533,0.010568&t=h&gl=uk&hq=mot&hnear=Rochdale,+United+Kingdom&fll=53.614825,-2.152398&fspn=0.001766,0.005284&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.614795,-2.154684&panoid=8-D34v4GVhTUy2JfAheGPQ&cbp=12,269.53,,0,7.41

Clearly the wasteland in front of the camera in that link has been changed to a car park since the street view camera went round, but the rest of the surroundings match up.

I can haz internet detective points nao?

I expect the seller will keep making excuses to avoid selling you it. What's the betting that the next response will be to tell you the whole car has been stolen.

I'd be tempted to pursue it just to find out how ludicrous his excuses get.

-The pikeys came back and all that's left are three wheel nuts which you're welcome to.

-Beamed up by the USS Enterprise.

-Sorry, did I mention it was a Corgi?

Etc

If the engine is good, he'll have it out of there by now himself.

I concur with everyone else, you don't just steal a gearbox. 

I once took my gearbox off my Imp and went inside and had some lunch and watched the end of Diagnosis Murder. When I came out the gearbox was gone. Probably weighed in as I doubt someone went past and suddenly thought 'Fark me an Imp gearbox, just what I need'. 

Although I do agree if this one was attached to the car I seriously doubt anyone would nick it. 

Forgot about that - good point. 

Bear in mind I have a car towed about 6 miles with me in it, and following that I couldn't even push the car as the bearings were seized. When I had the bearings changed, both sides had about half an inch of play in them, I bet I could've pulled the wheel off with enough force, that's why they have stub axles on the back.

I would arrive, angle grind the engine out, and then call the scrappy to collect!

I once bought a greenhouse on eBay really cheap. The guy clearly didn't understand the way an auction worked because he ignored every attempt to contact him. Gather that is what happened here, it didn't make what he wanted for it. The concept that someone turned up on foot to oxy acetylene a gearbox out is laughable, are clapped out 306 gearboxes worth a bit in Rochdale?

Its a shame you couldn't track down the said MOT station and actually nick the gearbox.

I think it's this place.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mot+rochdale&hl=en&ll=53.614847,-2.154661&spn=0.001766,0.005284&sll=53.608625,-2.155584&sspn=0.003533,0.010568&t=h&gl=uk&hq=mot&hnear=Rochdale,+United+Kingdom&fll=53.614825,-2.152398&fspn=0.001766,0.005284&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.614795,-2.154684&panoid=8-D34v4GVhTUy2JfAheGPQ&cbp=12,269.53,,0,7.41

Clearly the wasteland in front of the camera in that link has been changed to a car park since the street view camera went round, but the rest of the surroundings match up.

I can haz internet detective points nao?

By Great George (Street) !!

Your a hero. Now I can blackmail him!

This thread is great. I think by not being talked out of it after three pages of loud and clear "RUN AWAY" messages, some from pretty seasoned (shite based)risk takers, you have not only further proved yourself as some kind of stoic optimist potential hopeless car saving hero, but you are also now kind of obliged to see it through. With pictures. And possibly hidden cameras, if you don't mind.

Hope you find a decent engine one way or another.

I know the car is somewhere in Rochdale and ITTEFAQ YOUSAF has accepted payment through Paypal, and hasn't contacted me since. 

Nevertheless, Im off to find it. 

Its only 2 hours away, I'm taking my camera and trying to get there before the MOT centre and Police station shut.

P1000442.JPG?psid=1

Wish me luck.

Pics to follow if I am not stabbed up and hidden under a bush on that peice of waste ground.