Jump to content

The grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Grumpy? Not me.  Wife is on lots of pain, there's something wrong with her thumb, on a scale of one to 10 where 1 is a paper cut, and 10 is child birth and 11 is being kicked in the nutz by a herd of rhinos charging you.  She reckons 12.

On the one hand I'm trying my best, to help her, but on the other I wondered if I should book her into dignitas?  I think she would have willingly gone this evening. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Potterton Apollo 30.. Just coming up for its 30th birthday, been good all the way through, treated it to a digital programmer for its 28th birthday, the original pin type had been sticking occasionally for a while, got a digital one from a local FB group brand new for a fiver and a few beers to my corgi/gassafe mate to fit it when he serviced the boiler.... 

It will probably blow up now 🤞🏽🤦‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bastarding interview for the replacement for my head of department has made me grumpy all week. I have been invited to interview but I am certain my boss is going to pick someone young, female and attractive in preference to someone like me with vastly more experience.  

I don't care what sex, sexuality, colour or creed people are as it's completely irrelevant to their competence to do the job, but I find something a bit sinister about a white middle aged man who prefers to employ young women and passes this off as redressing the balance and gender equality. In reality it makes him look more like their sugar daddy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, warch said:

Bastarding interview for the replacement for my head of department has made me grumpy all week. I have been invited to interview but I am certain my boss is going to pick someone young, female and attractive in preference to someone like me with vastly more experience.  

I don't care what sex, sexuality, colour or creed people are as it's completely irrelevant to their competence to do the job, but I find something a bit sinister about a white middle aged man who prefers to employ young women and passes this off as redressing the balance and gender equality. In reality it makes him look more like their sugar daddy.

Got proof? Employment tribunal and payout £££, especially if you've been there a while. Sex discrimination is against the law.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, warch said:

Bastarding interview for the replacement for my head of department has made me grumpy all week. I have been invited to interview but I am certain my boss is going to pick someone young, female and attractive in preference to someone like me with vastly more experience.  

I don't care what sex, sexuality, colour or creed people are as it's completely irrelevant to their competence to do the job, but I find something a bit sinister about a white middle aged man who prefers to employ young women and passes this off as redressing the balance and gender equality. In reality it makes him look more like their sugar daddy.

I’m having this nonsense at the moment.  It seems having spent two years doing mortgages about 15 years ago and having a wealth of banking and finance experience, it’s not recent enough,  

Nothing has changed in that time.  You want a house?  Do you have a deposit?  Can you afford it?  Then fine.  Are you called Claude the repeat Fraudster who never repays money he borrows?  Maybe try the Bank next door....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parky said:

I’m having this nonsense at the moment.  It seems having spent two years doing mortgages about 15 years ago and having a wealth of banking and finance experience, it’s not recent enough,  

Nothing has changed in that time.  You want a house?  Do you have a deposit?  Can you afford it?  Then fine.  Are you called Claude the repeat Fraudster who never repays money he borrows?  Maybe try the Bank next door....

Retail banking is fucked anyway, people have the gumption these days to search online for things. Nobody goes into a bank these days even a fossil like me doesn’t. You need to specialise in something like equity release or whatever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Grump - People who give their cars names.

Get a fucking dog or something.

Don’t give things names that you might have to cut their lives short if they become a nuisance or you need to eat them. It colours your judgement. Before you know it you are spunking £800 refreshing Barry the Zafiras suspension when what you rationally should do is shoot it in the side of the head. But then I’m not a terribly sentimental person about these things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, loserone said:

It's probably a response to attitudes towards electric vehicles like yours.  

Wait a minute... Where did I say I hate EVs? I just hate the attitude in  that they think they  drive the vehicle for free.  It is not free just that the facilities (at the moment) are not charged for.  I said that  will end, when EVs become popular. The whole article is egotistical, including the tee shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Wait a minute... Where did I say I hate EVs? I just hate the attitude in  that they think they  drive the vehicle for free.  It is not free just that the facilities (at the moment) are not charged for.  I said that  will end, when EVs become popular. The whole article is egotistical, including the tee shit.

It is ok to dislike them, in fact the other day I saw an electric Porsche, as it silently whooshed away I just thought ‘what’s the point...’ the whole point of a Porsche to me was the sound of the flat engine starting up and purring away, this electric device just felt like exactly that. A device. A washing machine or a Morphy Richards toaster.

I know we’ll all end up in them one day in much the same way we’ll all end up dribbling and incontinent. I just can’t really get very excited by the prospect of having one. Maybe that would change in the future if they brought out retro styled old cars but with an electric motor like the Renault 5 concept as opposed anodyne crap that Elon Musk thinks everyone wants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

It is ok to dislike them, in fact the other day I saw an electric Porsche, as it silently whooshed away I just thought ‘what’s the point...’ the whole point of a Porsche to me was the sound of the flat engine starting up and purring away, this electric device just felt like exactly that. A device. A washing machine or a Morphy Richards toaster.

I know we’ll all end up in them one day in much the same way we’ll all end up dribbling and incontinent. I just can’t really get very excited by the prospect of having one. Maybe that would change in the future if they brought out retro styled old cars but with an electric motor like the Renault 5 concept as opposed anodyne crap that Elon Musk thinks everyone wants. 

Have you actually been in any electric car? You might find your attitude changes dramatically as some of them are hugely impressive, I was blown away the first time I went in one and that was a relatively humble Vauxhall Ampera, I'd love a Taycan or Tesla.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Wait a minute... Where did I say I hate EVs? I just hate the attitude in  that they think they  drive the vehicle for free.  It is not free just that the facilities (at the moment) are not charged for.  I said that  will end, when EVs become popular. The whole article is egotistical, including the tee shit.

Didn't you get the memo? The only correct attitude towards EVs is unquestioning adulation for them and all who drive them. This idea of finding out about things for yourself and then making your mind up is so last century.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jazoli said:

Have you actually been in any electric car? You might find your attitude changes dramatically as some of them are hugely impressive, I was blown away the first time I went in one and that was a relatively humble Vauxhall Ampera, I'd love a Taycan or Tesla.

Yes, I’ve been in a Leaf. I fell asleep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Maybe that would change in the future if they brought out retro styled old cars but with an electric motor like the Renault 5 concept as opposed anodyne crap that Elon Musk thinks everyone wants.

Vintage Voltage was on Quest TV, converting old cars to electric.... Some better than others but all at a fkin high price 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Vintage Voltage was on Quest TV, converting old cars to electric.... Some better than others but all at a fkin high price 

I’m not a fan of that. What sort of philistine would take the V12 out of an E-type and fit an electric motor? I suppose it’s a bit like doing the outside of Blenheim Palace with insulation and render to make the electricity bills a bit cheaper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

And here's the 

Hahaha a leaf is far removed from a Taycan as a Fiesta is to a GT40.

It doesn't matter what car you drive. It's how you drive it that counts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...