eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Seventeen grand for a Transit and it doesn't even have the right engine

Picture 2 of 24

1991 MK3 FORD TRANSIT VAN 1.6 PETROL 49033 miles WHITE 2-OWNERS/IMMACULATE ORDER | eBay

Bloody nice though, apart from that.

2 hours ago, cort16 said:

Still 800? more than he bought it for. eBay auction didn't work out, buy it now didn't, now it's back on FB marketplace. I really don't have a problem with someone trying to make a few quid but this attempt at flipping a car really hasn't worked out in the seller's favors.

2 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Still 800? more than he bought it for. eBay auction didn't work out, buy it now didn't, now it's back on FB marketplace. I really don't have a problem with someone trying to make a few quid but this attempt at flipping a car really hasn't worked out in the seller's favors.

With todays daft prices it's got to be worth £1250 with a years MOT surely?

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

I'm glad you're keeping an eye on it - is it the same seller? I think the eBay location was Lincolnshire now FB is saying Wishaw? (OK I know FB locations are piss poor)

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Picture 2 of 8

ALBION CHIEFTON LORRY | eBay

£1,500 and it's running.  What a fantastic way to spend winter, piss arsing about with this thing. 

I think it's an Albion Reiver* - circa 1963.

A Scottish vehicle manufactured in Glasgow. Albion brand lasted to 1972 when rebranded Leyland.

*A reiver was a Scots border bandit.

1 hour ago, Adrian_pt said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404526650936?hash=item5e2faad638:g:zjkAAOSwc4xk4NYj - this is surely a bargain? Especially in manual

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like it was maybe tarted up in the 1980's when prices of old Jaaags first went mental - now showing its age again. But yes a good buy - classic car prices are softening up nicely where cars have no current kudos or image. 

20 years ago this would have been worth a lot more relatively - and a 1965 Ford would have gone to the scrappers - how times and values change.

2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

I think it's an Albion Reiver* - circa 1963.

A Scottish vehicle manufactured in Glasgow. Albion brand lasted to 1972 when rebranded Leyland.

*A reiver was a Scots border bandit.

They continue to make axles, for Leyland and Daf. 

4 minutes ago, Asimo said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/23947109638266472

£3k, free tax, mot exempt. Fuel consumption? It can’t use much making 140hp.

IMG_2482.thumb.jpeg.bb70dfd4f33d1d9d575c19f24e8b386f.jpegIMG_2481.thumb.jpeg.b76960960eac72902fb6a4c49b70bb72.jpeg

Reckon that's a scam. Take a look at the seller's marketplace listings, absolutely rammed with cars way below their normal values...

21 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

Reckon that's a scam. Take a look at the seller's marketplace listings, absolutely rammed with cars way below their normal values...

This. The descriptions for these scam ads are getting better but checking the profile usually confirms. FB marketplace is absolutely infested with them right now, imagine how many people who dont have a clue get tricked by these.

4 hours ago, Schaefft said:

This. The descriptions for these scam ads are getting better but checking the profile usually confirms. FB marketplace is absolutely infested with them right now, imagine how many people who dont have a clue get tricked by these.

I think I said before on another thread that I can understand why it keeps happening (as in take Facebook's side). 

However I take it back. Forgive me!

The amount of scam ads is doing my head in.

Can they not limit private individuals to 1x marketplace listing for vehicle sales or something? 

I really wish Facebook marketplace was nuked from orbit so people would be forced to use gumtree, which is also shite but manageable shite.