eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Apparently £615 for a £1399 car.

Yeah, I think that’s the sort of problem that sends things like that over the bridge which is a waste. It hasn’t got a lot going for it in the eyes of someone with £1400 to spend on a car, it’s not going to be very economical, it will cost a shit load to tax, the parts will be an absolute twat to get, no fucker will want to work on it and it’s a Renault which to the general public they associate with spending heaps of cash and evenings spent in lay-bys waiting for a man in a yellow van to arrive. 

Got to pay to play. 

My Laguna II V6 was rock solid reliable under my ownership and didn't give any real grief to @angle who owned it for many years after me. 

Expensive tax has the advantage it keeps the value of faster cars lower. £700 is fuck all in the world of cars now. 2 months payment on a boring engined 1-series. 

Our Irish friends will be telling us how £700 is cheap when their equivalent tax is several £k for the same co2. 

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

It’s such a minor job they didn’t have time to replace the ABS sensor. 👍

How do you know it's an ABS sensor? You're making presumptions again without knowing much about the problem.

At that age could easily be an internal fault on the ABS module or some such stuff that garages won't get involved in. It's priced barely above scrap and worth a punt to someone who has some intelligence with fixing cars. 

Edit: thinking about it has reminded that's why I got my Laguna II V6 cheap. Traction control light permanently on and no one wanted to touch it, including the dealer I bought it from. I had the ABS module replaced with an equivalent one from a scrapyard and was golden there after. 

17 hours ago, D.E said:

E30 with 12 months MOT for £1500

https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1585861

316.thumb.jpg.ad5abc3e7ed495e49e04614b7fd52efa.jpg

13 hours ago, Schaefft said:

A decade of rust repairs, you can imagine what it might look like underneath those bodge job mot repairs throughout the years.

That's the least desirable E30 ever, a 4-door 316 in red. After spend twenty-seventy thousand repairing all the rot it will still only be worth £3,000. It is not a 2-door 325i Sport.

39 minutes ago, SiC said:

How do you know it's an ABS sensor? You're making presumptions again without knowing much about the problem.

At that age could easily be an internal fault on the ABS module or some such stuff that garages won't get involved in. It's priced barely above scrap and worth a punt to someone who has some intelligence with fixing cars. 

Edit: thinking about it has reminded that's why I got my Laguna II V6 cheap. Traction control light permanently on and no one wanted to touch it, including the dealer I bought it from. I had the ABS module replaced with an equivalent one from a scrapyard and was golden there after. 

I bow to your knowledge, get it bought then report back how much the gearbox is. 

1 hour ago, SiC said:

Surely a quick way to test if it's box or abs is to switch off the traction control?

Even my mk1 Mondeo Ghia V6 had that annoying feature of totally sapping power when I once had a flat but also had 25 boxes of 600x600 tiles in the back over the spare wheel flap.

I was 2 miles from home and tyres were cheaper than a chiropractor 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

T/C off and she made it home 🤗🤗🤗🤗