eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

17 minutes ago, moosemansjukebox said:

Picture 1 of 8

"Tapping noise and poor acceleration."

"Fitted new hydraulic tappets to try and fix the noise, this highlighted that the driveshaft is missing." 😬

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-3-convertible-spares-repair-/354801601059

I imagine a missing driveshaft would cause quite a noticeable acceleration issue. I.e. none at all.

Surely they must mean something else?

4 hours ago, D.E said:

Why does every single one of these have to be rotten? They are equally as rare in Germany yet the ratio of cars needing thousands in bodywork and cars not needing rust repairs/paint is a completely different one.

13 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Why does every single one of these have to be rotten? They are equally as rare in Germany yet the ratio of cars needing thousands in bodywork and cars not needing rust repairs/paint is a completely different one.

Is that perhaps because in Germany they are purchased privately, but in UK they are almost all "company cars" and this is reflected in the care they receive from their first owners?

1 hour ago, barrett said:

@Rust Collector

348855066_532741498876458_46471128876846

£800 Monaco in Newhaven. Needs sills for MoT (included)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/937932034112683/

That’s awesome, and on my door step. If I was spending the best part of a grand though I think I’d be looking at that 605 currently though - my next purchase will be for repmobile duties. Unless I get distracted and buy something else 🤣

14 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Road salt?

Mandatory winter tyres in icy/snowy conditions may mean that less road salt is used? That could also be complete rubbish

Proximity to sea/saltwater? It's nearby in far more UK regions than in German ones

3 hours ago, Asimo said:

Is that perhaps because in Germany they are purchased privately, but in UK they are almost all "company cars" and this is reflected in the care they receive from their first owners?

It'll definitely come down to how much care these cars have received. A legend coupe was a sub 1k car 10 years ago while it would have been a 5k car in Germany.