The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bob, don't bother with the VOC. I walked away from the forum after 11 years because of the penniless keyboard warriors on there. 

Selling a plate on there will be a colossal fucking chore. They'll want it for 6p and the regulars will kick off because they feel it's over-priced. 

Waste of space. Sell it to a plate retention place.

Sound advice it seems!

Sending stuff from the US is not really more of a chore than anywhere else, not exactly cheap mind you.

If you are having difficulty getting parts delivered internationally I am happy to assist if you need to provide a US address for example.   PM me.

Such a nice response considering my rant!

Appreciate the offer. I realise postage is dear - I got annoyed with the SVX creu because I stated - repeatedly - that I was happy to cover any and all costs if I meant I got the part I needed. 

It didn't matter. No one helped me. 

Alas, the internet is always right. 

Such a nice response considering my rant!

Appreciate the offer. I realise postage is dear - I got annoyed with the SVX creu because I stated - repeatedly - that I was happy to cover any and all costs if I meant I got the part I needed. 

It didn't matter. No one helped me. 

Alas, the internet is always right.

Rant? You?

Surely not....

Lol

I've just sent this by email to Chris Evans at the BBC...  In the subject line I called it "Listener Retention"

Mr Evans:

You failed.

I used to enjoy you on the Drivetime programme.  Then I left the country for a few years, during which you took over the Breakfast Show.  I didn't listen on anything resembling a regular basis but I thought your puppyish enthusiasm was a good thing in the mornings.  Then I came back, in 2012.

Since then I've been listening to your show most mornings.  My observations are as follows:

Too much sport!  There are whole stations devoted to sport, leave it out.

You talk over the beginning and end of songs all the time, cut it out.

Yesterday (Wednesday April 19th) you played Harry Styles' new release, which is unforgivable on so many levels, but then.......

Suggested he sing the next Bond theme!

Come on man, you are in a position of influence here, people listen to you, you cannot say such reckless things.  I'm already convinced that there is a music-industry plot to kill  off the Bond franchise; there can be no other explanation for the freefalling standard of themes since Goldeneye.  I seriously thought things couldn't get worse after  Madonna, but with each new release I have been proven wrong. 

You compounded the felony this morning (Thursday) by playing the dirge again and then enthusing over it!

I can't forgive that.  I've gone.  You are now getting the treatment Jeremy Vine has received from me almost from the beginning of his tenure: insertion of CDs and even, horror of horrors, the ultimate sanction: I have retuned the radio in my van.  Radio 2 no longer accompanies my working hours.

I enjoy Sara Cox's version of the Breakfast Show almost without reserve.

Will you take notice of this?  I'd like to think so, but somehow I doubt it.

Goodbye

Eddy Rafter, listening since 1997 but no more.

I've fallen out with him now.  Either the music industry has turned to shit (from where I sit it absolutely has) or I've turned into Victor Meldrew.  That is also possible, I turned 58 at the weekend.

Must be mistaken, he's always so ready to listen to and take on board others opinion and never shoot them down as being wrong.

Your such a poor judge of character Bob...

You know, I could always chuck that Hoover I collected for you over the Bank Holiday in the skip, or bill you for the fuel I spent driving up there to get it. 

I don't recall us ever having a problem. It seems I was wrong. Care to let me know what I've supposedly done?

PM will do, or whatever you feel like. Let me know. 

The internet is always right. 

British Rail was bad in so many ways - outdated rolling stock was the visible face of a real lack of investment and it was going to bite them on the arse. Buying some 140mph trains without the infrastructure to safely run at 140mph, for example. Safety was never an issue but anyone who claims that back in the day, it all ran to time is just wrong - unless "back in the day" involves steam trains and a smartly dressed man with a pocket watch.

On the run-up to privatisation I'd never seen so many new trains being scrapped.... stuff like the Class 56s which have been outlived by the 37s they were meant to replace. Things were bought on the cheap from abroad, not maintained properly, and then left to rot.

But at least under BR, you just got on trains that would go the right way. Now, it's all permitted routes (I seem to remember under BR it was just "London" or "Not London") and tickets you can or can't use on other operators trains. I nearly bought a £150 ticket for our trip tomorrow, before realising that a £99 one did exactly the same - no restrictions, no different terms or conditions. Identical.

Seth - thanks for the heads-up re going further into London. I usually park at Stanmore for work because it's my routine and I claim it all back anyway but I shall investigate further towards the centre next time with the family.

Mr ramrod

I couldn't put it better myself. CE is a complete pain n the arris. He was good on drive time but in a morning he is just too much for me.

He chops off the songs and he is always rattling on about nothing.

Sara Cox is a good choice as a replacement.

I also cannot stand the verbose one before CE so I don't go to R2 until KB comes on. Then when that Vine comes on I leave again until Simon Mayo.

You know, I could always chuck that Hoover I collected for you over the Bank Holiday in the skip, or bill you for the fuel I spent driving up there to get it.

I don't recall us ever having a problem. It seems I was wrong. Care to let me know what I've supposedly done?

PM will do, or whatever you feel like. Let me know.

The internet is always right.

Im sorry, it was a shit attempt at humor, ill not do it again! Hoover? Have I forgotten something/how much do I owe you?

Just reported some dude to the rozzers via 101 but I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do..

We're down in Cornwall on holiday and earlier on took the Lanklets to a large playground, the place had a couple of other families with their kids playing on the equipment,

Anyway, there's a quiet lane that runs along side the play area and some guy walking along it took his phone out and as he walked held it up in a way which made it look like he was filming the play area, slowly panning round and eventually stopping and seemingly concerntrating on the swing area, all the time walking along with his phone held next to his head as he looked at the screen sideways. It certainly looked dodgy. I would've said something, but it could've been something innocent and there was a fence and a road in the way..

I had a think about it and when we got back to our chalet (shed) rang 101 and told the fuzz what I'd seen. Maybe I've accused an innocent guy of being a nonce, maybe he was up to no good, but I guess it's best to let the police use the information as they see fit.

Surely people know that filming kids in a playground is a big no no?

Realised earlier today that I've lost my wallet. Last place I seen it was Newport Pagnell services yesterday when I put it on roof of cat with my dinner. I know I ate my snap but buggered if I cam recall picking wallet up off the roof. Services are shite at ringing back when I called earlier on the slim chance someone picked it and handed it in.

Realised earlier today that I've lost my wallet. Last place I seen it was Newport Pagnell services yesterday when I put it on roof of cat with my dinner. I know I ate my snap but buggered if I cam recall picking wallet up off the roof. Services are shite at ringing back when I called earlier on the slim chance someone picked it and handed it in.

Why on Earth had you taken your cat to the services?

I don't agree. There are weirdos about. I'm not sure I'd report it to the fuzz, but I may have gone up and said hello, can I help with anything. If I was with my neices at a playground I'd definitely be concerned by a single man taking photos.

Reporting this seems like paranoia to me.

Maybe you should think again before you take your children out in public.

Ben

Say what? He did exactly the right thing.