What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Weather in Warringtonshire is too shite to be messing around with horseless carriages. And I have a week off work.

So I started to blitz the kitchen cupboards. They needed a clean and sort out.

I am in process of organising a party for a packet of fry - them - yourself prawn crackers that are approaching their tenth birthday.

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Weather in Warringtonshire is too shite to be messing around with horseless carriages. And I have a week off work.

So I started to blitz the kitchen cupboards. They needed a clean and sort out.

I am in process of organising a party for a packet of fry - them - yourself prawn crackers that are approaching their tenth birthday.

They’ll be rate gerum daan ya frame. Probably last 50 yrs them.  Funnily enough I’ve been a bit full of cold since Christmas & I found some flu powder sachets at the back of a shelf in my office at work. They were use by end of 2006, they were sound 🤣

56 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I can see Snowdon from my office in Merseyside today. In the background 🧐

IMG_0340.thumb.jpeg.edf2b7c2a90e85ed2118321f2c0893a5.jpeg

Are you close to the Irish sea? Cannot say I have ever seen it from where we live although on a clear day you can see Flintshire from Rainhill stoops.

Got a message from a mate earlier, sent a picture of a delightful looking Rover 420 HHR in Nightfire red with those 5 spoke alloys they came in that he'd spotted

Looked like an absolute peach, and the private plate on it suggested its quite well loved

Is it bad that I'm the person that someone sends a picture to, after getting excited on my behalf only for spotting a nice Rover out in the wild? 😂😂

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Got a message from a mate earlier, sent a picture of a delightful looking Rover 420 HHR in Nightfire red with those 5 spoke alloys they came in that he'd spotted

Looked like an absolute peach, and the private plate on it suggested its quite well loved

Is it bad that I'm the person that someone sends a picture to, after getting excited on my behalf only for spotting a nice Rover out in the wild? 😂😂

Random, Mister?

On 16/01/2024 at 11:41, BorniteIdentity said:

I swept a chimney today.  

I might write elsewhere how I'm making some pretty chunky changes to life in a bid to find true, unabated contentment.  Part of this is increasing self reliance, so I thought I'd give it a go.  The National Association of Chimney Sweeps will claim I'm putting lives at risk, but their members charge £100 for what took me 20 minutes (rarely used chimney) and have a vested interest.  

I have to say, I really enjoyed it!  Borrowed a set of rods from a neighbour, the brush was conveniently the perfect size and I didn't end proceedings looking like a Golliwog either.  Managed to dislodge a sensible amount of soot, and a few twigs from the circling Jackdaws.  

Next job is to get a little man up on the roof to fit the cap I was gifted by another neighbour.  

Final Score: Daniel 1 - 0 Consumerism.

IMG_0292.thumb.JPEG.36c7b840e67c92b8106350b2bcc36c02.JPEG

IMG_0294.thumb.JPEG.92376f9ea11d26c2f2e25adda72ea9eb.JPEG

Have been sweeping own chimney for years, in several houses. Always gives a real sense of satisfaction. Especially if you happen to get a whole birds nest and dead bird down like i managed once, that would have ben a bad day had the fire been lit.

On 16/01/2024 at 10:19, chatsharris said:

I'm guessing Bancontact only?  I lived in Belgium for just over a year and it was a pain in the arse to try and pay for anything without one of these.

Sorted

Rooooooooooaaaaaadddddtriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip