What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Sure algorithm, I'll just rebuy my "everyday essentials" of dump valves, engine mounts and chainsaw chains. 

image.png.e1b6537afd27aa09e1f64d7117012aff.png

As Dave Gorman said, Amazon AI is intelligent enough to know you’ve looked at toasters, but not enough to know you’ve bought one and don’t want to start a toaster collection.

37 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

As Dave Gorman said, Amazon AI is intelligent enough to know you’ve looked at toasters, but not enough to know you’ve bought one and don’t want to start a toaster collection.

Mine tried to get me to buy a DAB radio on Subscribe and Save every 2 months recently. If they're that shite I think I'll save myself the hassle!

Current grin - all inclusive holiday entertainment that's so terrible it's actually funny. Other night we had random acrobats, who I can only assume hadn't performed here before, as upon doing a human pyramid one of them audibly twatted his foot on the canopy over the stage, at which I definitely didn't* let out an Edna Krabappel style "Ha!".

We've had some random bands involving most of the entertainment staff playing even more random songs. I did not expect to hear a saxophone cover of Dragostea Din Tei (recommend not googling if unfamiliar - you're not missing much) that's for sure. This evening is one where the vocalist clearly knows enough English to get by but not enough for the English language songs she's singing, so a lot of the words are made up. Their performance of "Living Next Door to Alice" did at least reveal where the rest of the British were sat in the bar to the bewilderment of the mostly German/Polish present.

Hey, they're here to entertain - they're just entertaining me in a way I didn't expect. And it's better than sitting in the room reading my book, if only for the presence of a bar.

8 minutes ago, Markeh said:

Mine tried to get me to buy a DAB radio on Subscribe and Save every 2 months recently. If they're that shite I think I'll save myself the hassle!

Current grin - all inclusive holiday entertainment that's so terrible it's actually funny. Other night we had random acrobats, who I can only assume hadn't performed here before, as upon doing a human pyramid one of them audibly twatted his foot on the canopy over the stage, at which I definitely didn't* let out an Edna Krabappel style "Ha!".

We've had some random bands involving most of the entertainment staff playing even more random songs. I did not expect to hear a saxophone cover of Dragostea Din Tei (recommend not googling if unfamiliar - you're not missing much) that's for sure. This evening is one where the vocalist clearly knows enough English to get by but not enough for the English language songs she's singing, so a lot of the words are made up. Their performance of "Living Next Door to Alice" did at least reveal where the rest of the British were sat in the bar to the bewilderment of the mostly German/Polish present.

Hey, they're here to entertain - they're just entertaining me in a way I didn't expect. And it's better than sitting in the room reading my book, if only for the presence of a bar.

/\ I near had a coronary from laughing at a pair of German magicians at a hotel in Lanzarote a few years ago, Kraut guests were not impressed :) 

10 minutes ago, Markeh said:

"Living Next Door to Alice" did at least reveal where the rest of the British were sat in the bar to the bewilderment of the mostly German/Polish

That song was bigger in Germany than Britain for sure. Massive party song in Germany as recently as the last few years

I've never been to Karneval and not heard it