The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

That's the Vauxhall Mockit away back to Enterprise. The Grangemouth branch is excellent to deal with and I'd recommend them. Not the company, just them.
So what of the Vauxhall? It had its ups and downs.
Positive;
-High driving position.
-The actual driving position itself is quite good and the seat has loads of adjustment.
-Heated steering wheel (sounds daft but really works).
-Interior feel and quality. Pervy, but it's a nice thing to touch.
-GR11 heater.
-The colour.
-Manual selection mode came in handy after all.

Negative:
-Sounds like a van.
-Seats are incredibly hard.
-The ride quality is atrocious. I hit a pothole and the noise and jolt made me think I'd had a blowout or a bust wishbone or something.
-Looks ridiculous inside and out.
-Controls are ridiculously light.
-It's too expensive.

Overall, I thought it was pants and one to be avoided. Buy an Astra estate or a spacehopper or something instead.

Spoke with the seller of the Plymouth this morning and he managed to charge up the battery and get the car to start. He said it's idling really well. So we're all set for collection tomorrow, I was going to hire a trailer but it turns out it's cheaper to call a tow truck as they only charge $45 for local towing.

Mrs DF still not talking to me about this.

I know that feeling all too well, Lukas. Are you going to replace it with something, or pocket the money it makes for a rainy day?

No, I would like to keep only 3 cars, not four. And as I am loving the Pajero L040 so much at the moment  :mrgreen:, I will be happy with my two Pajeros and the daily-driver. The Leone has become an albatross around my neck (english dictionary says that´s the equivalent for "Klotz am Bein"). Hard to say, but it seems true. My friend (subaru-mechanic + enthusiast) who restored it for me the last 3 years is quite upset now, but it´s just a car, he will have to live with that. 

My car trying to live up to Junkman's avatar; I grounded out a few times on a country lane the other day in the A6 when it was fully laden. Quick look in the mirror and what was the undertray is lying mangled in the road. Ive given up trying  to straighten it out and re attach it.

Will this cost me all of 0.1MPG at 75? Answers on a postcard.

Today I went back to Mahmoud's garage armed with the Merc wing and some money for brake pads change. My car only got seen to last minute as the garage was understaffed and overworked, and once car was seen to, the brake pads were wrong. Mine has sensors. So nothing was changed. Not a problem though, Mahmoud did acknowledge and apologise. I don't mind, at least I did some stuff around the garage, drove a few different cars like a very revvy 56-plate Corrola (where one rear "leather" seat had bits fallen off it) an SLK and a Renault 21 and generally felt a bit more useful.

Better than sitting at home any day.

Garage came to pick up the BX today. Hopefully get it back in the new year with most of the major woes sorted and a full year's ticket.

This leaves me with no fully functional /legal cars and totally broke. So obviously I'm making enquiries into some prime French chod that's a million miles from any ferry with an advert with virtually no details.

Rover 75 Update*

Owned this for two weeks now, and I love it. *former Wilko and PBK Rover 75 Connie V6

The first job was to get it cleaned up, then ditch the 17" Meteor alloys for the standard 15" Crown alloys, it rides much better on the 15's and looks better IMHO

Sorry for the not great pics, but its a nightmare for photographing outside today given the strong low sunlight.

Here is the 75 parked outside the local golf club

13Dec2014001_zpsded71feb.jpg

Slightly better light

13Dec2014002_zps99b5e5ac.jpg

The interior is more or less spotless

13Dec2014004_zps3cdb68d2.jpg

Now vanity aside, another really important thing to check on these is the plenum drains, not much sign of debris but they did need some unblocking to be on the safe side using a pipe bending spring. The black box at the bottom of the picture is the ECU, so imagine what happens if the plenum drains get blocked and the plenum chamber starts filling up with rain water! Ouch. But this one was fine I am pleased to report  :-D

13Dec2014006_zps6b5de8da.jpg

All in all a lovely car.