The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ten minutes face down in rubble trying to remove a soil pipe support bracket, and wondering why the slothead screwdriver I'd used to get the upper fixing out just wouldn't catch on the out-of-sight lower one...

IMG_20231014_1356162.thumb.jpg.4498d577b3768290f9bf06381ac6b060.jpg

That'll be why, then.

There's a special place in hell for people who mix the heads on their fastenings.

Decided to stop off at a petrol station jet wash earlier, occupying the single bay was a boy racer in a Corsa C. No surprises there. 

Anyway, instead of using it as a pay as you go jet wash as intended, he decided to make it his own little valeting bay

He hung up the jet wash lance, then got a few products out of the boot in a bucket

A few different coloured microfibre towels and some spray products. 

He began to lay the towels out over the car and wipe it in one clean notion as they do, going over every inch... 

First with orange towels, then blue, then green

Then he wipes each window, opens it, wipes the top, sprays a product, wipes it off, repeat inside, then repeats on all 4 windows. 

Then a product over the windscreen, wipes over a yellow towel this time 

I'm next in line waiting relatively patiently but a queue was forming behind me and one guy was having none of it. 

He went in to the shop to complain to a worker who promptly came out and asked him to leave. 

He did leave almost immediately. Avoided eye contact with anyone, no wave to say thanks for your patience while I've been an entitled wanker. Nothing. 

Cunt. 2 bucket, 3 towel wrongun

I can beat that. I once took my absolutely filthy Clio to a local petrol station jetwash and bought two tokens because it needed washed twice. (I'd been hooning around on a red ash car park and my white car was orange) So not only did the people waiting behind me have to wait while I went through two complete wash cycles, I then managed to lock myself out of it and had to leave it parked in the bay while I got a taxi home for my spare key.
I was not popular that day and never had the balls to use that particular car wash again...

10 hours ago, myglaren said:

Wine cups and mugs available in the absence of glasses.  Pint glasses work well too.

We once camped with a young couple, the female of which I shall call BugRach, for that is what I knew her as. We drank and we were merry, then Rachel & her partner retired to their tent. He emerged 20 odd minutes later to ask for help. Apparently Rach had been explosively sick, covering the entire contents of their small tent in red wine vomit. We were unable to offer assistance as we were laughing, so we left them to it. The next morning she was still little rough but explained that it hadn't actually been her fault, she couldn't find the wine glasses and had to drink from a pint pot! Although we saw Rachel again a few times over the next couple of seasons, her partner was never seen again.

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

We once camped with a young couple, the female of which I shall call BugRach, for that is what I knew her as. We drank and we were merry, then Rachel & her partner retired to their tent. He emerged 20 odd minutes later to ask for help. Apparently Rach had been explosively sick, covering the entire contents of their small tent in red wine vomit. We were unable to offer assistance as we were laughing, so we left them to it. The next morning she was still little rough but explained that it hadn't actually been her fault, she couldn't find the wine glasses and had to drink from a pint pot! Although we saw Rachel again a few times over the next couple of seasons, her partner was never seen again.

Not nice, a friend* did that to me once at Port Eynon. He had two or three pints of rough cider, got an upset stomach, then puked all over my (borrowed) sleeping bag and folded trousers while scrabbling for the tent zip. 

I spent the night with only a long narrow strip of canvas wrapped round me in a spiral to keep warm, and had to crouch in the tent until 1pm, by which time my pants had almost dried after being swilled off under the campsite tap.

Not among my most treasured memories.

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Decided to stop off at a petrol station jet wash earlier, occupying the single bay was a boy racer in a Corsa C. No surprises there. 

Anyway, instead of using it as a pay as you go jet wash as intended, he decided to make it his own little valeting bay

He hung up the jet wash lance, then got a few products out of the boot in a bucket

A few different coloured microfibre towels and some spray products. 

He began to lay the towels out over the car and wipe it in one clean notion as they do, going over every inch... 

First with orange towels, then blue, then green

Then he wipes each window, opens it, wipes the top, sprays a product, wipes it off, repeat inside, then repeats on all 4 windows. 

Then a product over the windscreen, wipes over a yellow towel this time 

I'm next in line waiting relatively patiently but a queue was forming behind me and one guy was having none of it. 

He went in to the shop to complain to a worker who promptly came out and asked him to leave. 

He did leave almost immediately. Avoided eye contact with anyone, no wave to say thanks for your patience while I've been an entitled wanker. Nothing. 

Cunt. 2 bucket, 3 towel wrongun

Saw something similar but it was an old man washing his Ford Fusion using the water dispensing machine/tyre inflator, he’d also bought all his own kit with him.  The guys missus was sat in the car shouting at him to hurry up because of the queue he was causing 

7 hours ago, gm said:

un-be-fucking-lievable ! 

IMG_4789.thumb.jpeg.08bf922ab8939dcb6c4a390baec1ac27.jpeg

yes, that is the replacement one that i fitted two weeks ago !

IMG_4783.thumb.jpeg.43f1eb4ad17a4acc020bc02aaf5b6fd3.jpeg

a stroppy email will be sent to the supplier - it failed in exactly the same way as the previous one  

IMG_4790.thumb.jpeg.c6146f85e7cd96d891eac113c1fb9350.jpeg

Are you sure there's nothing out of alignment and putting side stress? Just a thought, after 2 failures

Bad weather at this time of year is to be expected, but the ferocity and direction of the latest blow was a bit of a surprise! Normally, we take 14 hours sailing each way. This time we left at 2330 on Friday. It is now 0800 on Sunday and our Nav screen is giving an ETA of 2230 tonight! Fortunately I do not suffer with sea sickness (plenty here do though) but the constant battering and movement is very tiring and limits sleep. This has been my view the last couple of days

IMG_05571.thumb.JPG.2225b2b4280a710f59850cd932028519.JPG

The weather forecast says we will have a 48 hour window (loading and sailing back to site will take 30 hours) before the next blow is due, which will be from a worse direction for sailing and more intense. Deep joy.

15 hours ago, gm said:

un-be-fucking-lievable ! 

IMG_4789.thumb.jpeg.08bf922ab8939dcb6c4a390baec1ac27.jpeg

yes, that is the replacement one that i fitted two weeks ago !

IMG_4783.thumb.jpeg.43f1eb4ad17a4acc020bc02aaf5b6fd3.jpeg

a stroppy email will be sent to the supplier - it failed in exactly the same way as the previous one  

IMG_4790.thumb.jpeg.c6146f85e7cd96d891eac113c1fb9350.jpeg

Looks like they came from the same batch on the same day, so not a complete surprise that they would fail in a similar way. Is the tensioner running smoothly without jerks?

Put my BMW icarsoft on ebay.

Started auction at £90 - bear in mind I paid £175 a few months ago.

Offered £65. Get ter fuck.

Then £75. Get ter fuck again.

It's same guy - sends me a message telling me it's a fair offer and my £15 p&p is too expensive - tells me he sold one for £35 and the post was £3.

Like fuck would I send anything of value by evri. He was told.

I hope he does me a favour and fucks off.

11 minutes ago, Bren said:

Put my BMW icarsoft on ebay.

Started auction at £90 - bear in mind I paid £175 a few months ago.

Offered £65. Get ter fuck.

Then £75. Get ter fuck again.

It's same guy - sends me a message telling me it's a fair offer and my £15 p&p is too expensive - tells me he sold one for £35 and the post was £3.

Like fuck would I send anything of value by evri. He was told.

I hope he does me a favour and fucks off.

Just block him, then advertise it on here.

On 14/10/2023 at 08:32, New POD said:

All on the Delta II platform pparently.

Even the PCD on the wheels are different from GTC to 5 door. 

The GTC is essentially a coupe version of the Cascada.  Which interestingly* can be obtained as a Buick in the USA.

*something I realised watch the series Get Shorty" with that Irish actor from The IT crowd. Christopher O'Dowd 

Screenshot_20231014-082420_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8445f3ae83c8e8ab045b1171242b7d5.jpg

Screenshot_20231014-082433_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dd0a5223314fd2496c110685fefea6bc.jpg

Thanks for the extra info just looked it up myself. Odd that they have different PCD's though.

Update on the Stilo.

The new bottle arrive yesterday via DPD.  Left a note on the order for the courier to leave in porch, if no answer. 

DPD ignored the note on the parcel and leaves it with my neighbours who then went out before I got back.  Also for some reason DPD left the front porch door wide open. Twat.

So today after alot of agro I've fitted the new bottle.  Had to replace the crap Fiat pinch clips as every one broke on removal.  Took forever to bleed it afterwards.  Also not impressed with the new bottle, definitely China shite not oe as described. Cap doesn't thread on nicely but least it's drivable again.

IMG_20231014_145935.thumb.jpg.7b7fa96b83527e257dd01e1e45578187.jpg

Still least it didn't rain! 

20 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Are you sure there's nothing out of alignment and putting side stress? Just a thought, after 2 failures

i can’t see anything out of alignment, i suspect it’s just a poor quality part

12 hours ago, artdjones said:

Looks like they came from the same batch on the same day, so not a complete surprise that they would fail in a similar way. Is the tensioner running smoothly without jerks?

the tensioner and idlers all run smoothly, there’s no obvious damage to the belt :( 

i’ve emailed the supplier, will see what they say, they were pretty decent last time and sent a replacement straight away. 

Ah, joy

Looks like the freezer has just decided to expire after 20 years of service. 

What makes me think this is the fact I've just retrieved a rather limp ice cream from it. 

Wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't meant to be going away tomorrow as well

Everything is partially defrosted and probably fit for the bin, as I'm not going to get it in another freezer by the time it's all warm

I suppose it's better than finding it completely defrosted and rotten on my return 🙄

Curtain twitching cunt neighbour has decided to wage war on us for no reason, calling me and Speedy 'fuckin arseholes' to himself loudly, for having the gall to work on cars at my place at the weekend. We called him out on that and he din't have much to say but childish deflections.
Had a go at me last week for parking a car of mine outside his house for 30 seconds to move another, and just being incredibly petty and uptight over nothing, just appearing and telling us to leave whenever we do anything.
Even had the pettiness to pressure wash half the dividing wall between our properties a while ago.
We haven't washed our side.

We've done nothing, but we're being harassed and abused for no reason.

Stupid cunt today said to me 'what are you going to do, go cry to your parents?' he's at least in his 60s, what a fucking belm.

Needs taking down a peg (probably knows I'm an easy target) but need to work out how. I've had people fired on Equality Act grounds for less than this.

I've been bullied my whole fucking life, I don't need this shit. 'Ignore it' doesn't work for me.

14 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Curtain twitching cunt neighbour has decided to wage war on us for no reason, calling me and Speedy 'fuckin arseholes' to himself loudly, for having the gall to work on cars at my place at the weekend.

People fucking HATE to see people working on cars. Brings out the absolute worst in everyone and seems to be a magnet that attracts them over.

Lost count of the amount of times i've ended up in an argument with somebody because they've come up to me to have a go whilst i'm doing something,  Would understand if it was causing revving engines etc but it's usually completely silent and mundane like changing brake pads, and they'll wade in telling me to fuck off, go and get things fixed by a garage instead, saying i'm going to get oil everywhere etc, even when it's clear i'm not doing anything where oil is involved.

Neighbours are the worst though, always watching, and always, if you have to do something like charge a battery, they magically teleport outside at the exact moment you get the battery out to start making comments like 'Oh its broken haha, You don't half buy some shite' etc.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Curtain twitching cunt neighbour has decided to wage war on us for no reason, calling me and Speedy 'fuckin arseholes' to himself loudly, for having the gall to work on cars at my place at the weekend. We called him out on that and he din't have much to say but childish deflections.
Had a go at me last week for parking a car of mine outside his house for 30 seconds to move another, and just being incredibly petty and uptight over nothing, just appearing and telling us to leave whenever we do anything.
Even had the pettiness to pressure wash half the dividing wall between our properties a while ago.
We haven't washed our side.

We've done nothing, but we're being harassed and abused for no reason.

Stupid cunt today said to me 'what are you going to do, go cry to your parents?' he's at least in his 60s, what a fucking belm.

Needs taking down a peg (probably knows I'm an easy target) but need to work out how. I've had people fired on Equality Act grounds for less than this.

I've been bullied my whole fucking life, I don't need this shit. 'Ignore it' doesn't work for me.

I was going to suggest that you resort to the standard response which is to refer them to the universally adopted test case of Arkell vs Pressdram 1972....

Or less subtly 

Just walk straight up to them. Get a little close, look them in the eye and say quietly, with a scarey insane look about you "Fuck Off, you total and utter Cunt. Don't ever talk to me again, you pointless shit. In fact..don't ever look at me again" 

Maybe do it with a hammer in your hand. 

I mean what's he to do.......

Might make things worse but unlikely. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

I was going to suggest that you resort to the standard response which is to refer them to the universally adopted test case of Arkell vs Pressdram 1972....

Or less subtly 

Just walk straight up to them. Get a little close, look them in the eye and say quietly, with a scarey insane look about you "Fuck Off, you total and utter Cunt. Don't ever talk to me again, you pointless shit. In fact..don't ever look at me again" 

Maybe do it with a hammer in your hand. 

I mean what's he to do.......

Might make things worse but unlikely. 

Tell them some bullshit like “oh I’m sorry  but here be a few more cars from next week . Red Bull have asked me to service their cars before the next Grand Prix. I’m not sure where they’ll park the transporter though”. 
He’ll be stationed at his window for a week waiting for it to arrive.

5 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Tell them some bullshit like “oh I’m sorry  but here be a few more cars from next week . Red Bull have asked me to service their cars before the next Grand Prix. I’m not sure where they’ll park the transporter though”. 
He’ll be stationed at his window for a week waiting for it to arrive.

I'm thinking Northern Autoshite Meet in Stalybridge.  I'm happy to park in dickheads drive.  I'll only be a minute.