What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, DavieW said:

What's the betting it's taken over by a drug dealer - sorry takeaway.

There's one with the hat trick near me, all on the same site

Used tyres 

Barbers, 4 chairs, never anybody in there and a car wash which looks like it's getting a 50k refurbishment at the moment 

Abarth really are scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, trying in more and more half-arsed ways to drag a few more years out of the ancient design.

I thought they'd reached nearly the bottom of it 8 years ago when I bought my "Abarth 595 Yamaha Racing special edition" which basically had a yamaha sticker and an incredibly loud exhaust on.

I don't think I've ever actually belly laughed at a picture of a new car before this:

image.thumb.png.2b9e858ed7ecec614a80016841a8a275.png

Fucking pea shooters 🤣 Looks like a giffer mod done by someone with 4 of those chrome tailpipe trims you could get from motorworld.

I got to drive two USDM cars yesterday. A 1996 Ford Aspire and a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis. Still buzzing!

C8B59CF8-33DC-4E2C-B622-868C92EE449F.thumb.jpeg.5421a63ae5c9bdab3323d2d9e2b95f00.jpeg

5E95A6A1-99D1-4666-83CE-EB675C7E994E.thumb.jpeg.00487d648f45ca0ce7e243f7ea855ecc.jpeg

C8B92420-19F2-47FB-8390-A444BB1C4EB3.thumb.jpeg.ce5d059d5d94a5523d2faa22e934c410.jpeg

C837F409-08E2-43DD-BB50-F21FD7216D75.thumb.jpeg.fc3da118fd2f7fc934861f178f58b642.jpeg

The Mercury was the car I really wanted to drive. It rocks when you blip the throttle! Nor does it seem monstrously big but that’s maybe because it’s on a big American driveway. It doesn’t seem particularly fast but it’s hugely characterful.  It wonders quite a bit even at low speeds but corners relatively flat. It seems inconsistent. Sometimes floaty, sometimes not. It rides pretty well but shudders still get through to your bum at times.

The Aspire drives like filth by comparison. Any attempt to go round a corners above parking speeds and the steering goes horribly heavy. A real set in concrete feel.  Something is very wrong in the sensors somewhere as it starts to die the second you put any load on it.  The manual gearbox was fine. About the only good thing about it. It was hard work to drive. It felt as if it had to be manhandled everywhere.

Loved every minute of it!

7D100B22-6731-4BC6-B315-858C78FA1E74.jpeg

Also the remains of what I think is a 40s Chevrolet upside down in a wood.

2E69CDD8-9875-4CD0-AFB3-BBCF290D3515.jpeg

89E9CAC3-1F6C-4436-9762-80082D5C4EB8.jpeg

04603616-C3D9-4C30-BEAE-6411522769CC.jpeg

watching escape to the country

they live in brighton and want to be by the sea but mfn eleventy

they picked fife and near st andrews

i missed the first house but the 2nd was a barn conversion that the guy had built himself

it was lovely and shared 24 acres with next door (the couple were wanting to keep donkeys and goats)

and it was well within budget

the 3rd one was again converted from farm buildings but youd never know

but way closer to st andrews which meant ££££££

50k over their budget but they said theyd mortgage a little for the right place

they said at the end the 2nd one was perfect but they didnt put in an offer (sadly)

then the update said theyd bought a 6.5 acre small holding

in rural ayrshire :D :D :D

talk about completely different :D

6 hours ago, hairnet said:

watching escape to the country

they live in brighton and want to be by the sea but mfn eleventy

they picked fife and near st andrews

i missed the first house but the 2nd was a barn conversion that the guy had built himself

it was lovely and shared 24 acres with next door (the couple were wanting to keep donkeys and goats)

and it was well within budget

the 3rd one was again converted from farm buildings but youd never know

but way closer to st andrews which meant ££££££

50k over their budget but they said theyd mortgage a little for the right place

they said at the end the 2nd one was perfect but they didnt put in an offer (sadly)

then the update said theyd bought a 6.5 acre small holding

in rural ayrshire :D :D :D

talk about completely different :D

More often than not it’s:-

1. People from the home counties who think their 3 bed semi in Watford , will get them half of Scotland or Wales. When they get there and see it will get them maybe a 4 bed with a bigger garden in the middle of nowhere, or something only slightly bigger / better in a tourist area /by the sea or with character, they don’t like any of them.

(ditto Place in the Sun . “We have  a budget of £40k and want a 3 bed house with entertaining area , pool and sea view.” Reality , a run down tiny 1 bed next to an abattoir.)

2. People who just want to be on TV and show off to their friends that they have money.” We have a budget of £750 000” , yeh, course you do!

3. She wants a flashy kitchen and big garden to grow veg / chickens / horses. He’d live in any shit hole as long as there’s a huge garage / workshop for his collection of vintage motorbikes.

On 20/01/2024 at 12:28, cobblers said:

Abarth really are scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, trying in more and more half-arsed ways to drag a few more years out of the ancient design.

I thought they'd reached nearly the bottom of it 8 years ago when I bought my "Abarth 595 Yamaha Racing special edition" which basically had a yamaha sticker and an incredibly loud exhaust on.

I don't think I've ever actually belly laughed at a picture of a new car before this:

image.thumb.png.2b9e858ed7ecec614a80016841a8a275.png

Fucking pea shooters 🤣 Looks like a giffer mod done by someone with 4 of those chrome tailpipe trims you could get from motorworld.

Spoiler is a badly thought out styling que too. For a small car which tapers so abruptly above the waist, nailing that spoiler on top of the tailgate makes it look like a church spire.