eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Picture 1 of 15

fiat panda classic colour twin sunroof 141A 1000 - Restored!! | eBay

Mildly annoying advert and enough back-to-black to sink a battleship, but what a cracking little car.

Scruffy but relatively low mileage Metro.

Seems a reasonable price, especially considering the optional extras someone's specced it up with...

ABS, Electric Windows, Power Assisted Steering, Cup Holders, Electric Mirrors, Safety Belts, Air Conditioning, 12V Power Socket, Engine Immobiliser, Front Airbags, Safety Belts Rear, V5 Registration Document,Alloy Wheels, Adjustable Steering, Front Fog Lights, Privacy/Tinted Glass, Service History,CD Player, Body Coloured Bumpers, ISOFix Anchor Point, Safety Belts Rear, MOT,Central Locking, Brake Assist, Heated Door Mirrors, Radio, Spare Wheel, Speakers

Picture 3 of 17

1989 Austin Metro 1.0 City 3dr Hatchback Petrol Manual | eBay

On 18/10/2023 at 12:04, lesapandre said:

The ad does not look quite right - I'd say treat with caution. The architecture and parking restrictions possibly look more southern England to me - not Longtown Cumbria.

Priced a few k less than it's worth.

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1991-jaguar-xjs-v12-coupe-8lLoR8 says Isleworth & £5K

On 18/10/2023 at 16:40, bezzabsa said:

strange that commercial stuff is cheaper than cars, transits... can get a daf45 box van for £1200 with MOT, rusty transits and sprinters are 2-4k around here!!

That's because anyone can drive a Transit or a Sprinter.  Anyone younger than me (and I'm not as young as I used to be) can't drive a 7.5-tonner on their car licence, they need to get a C1 which isn't cheap.

1 hour ago, grogee said:

??? 

£2k Burton Latimer

"this is a copy of the car that run 225 mph at the bonneville salt flats in august 2003 at the bonneville speed week nationals" 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mg-zt-t-20-cdti-135-5dr-land-speed-record-replica/1467833367

Screenshot_20231019_173614_Gumtree.jpg

I used to live in kettering , I see Burton Latimer hasn't changed, still full of oddballs 

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

That's because anyone can drive a Transit or a Sprinter.  Anyone younger than me (and I'm not as young as I used to be) can't drive a 7.5-tonner on their car licence, they need to get a C1 which isn't cheap.

Possibly also because of all that 'O' licence/tacho stuff, too.