What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Canada geese on the business park have just had little geese-ettes, we started off with 2, they bred last year and had 7 babies, one was taken to a sanctuary because it's wings hadn't developed properly and two just disappeared.

Usually they all stay together but a few weeks back they all seemed to pair off and do their own thing, obviously some breeding ritual. I love sitting outside at break times watching them, beautiful birds.

C1C96C2E-788C-403E-8057-F6859997B8A1.png

Canada geese are great, really like watching them, one of my favourite birds. Lucky you having them near your work.

Canada geese are great, really like watching them, one of my favourite birds. Lucky you having them near your work.

It's actually one of the best parts about working here, the building backs onto a really quite beautiful nature reserve, and because they're around humans all the time and we feed them they're quite sociable. Except with the crows, they get on just fine with the ducks, but as soon as the crows and blackbirds come near it's wings out and chase them off. Watching how their little civilisation works is a great stress reliever

Some of last years flock..

347B1734-EA85-43C8-A9CD-D473DF9EF729.jpg

C467B891-0B2E-440E-B427-3687D9160831.jpg47057DCC-A3D3-4EDF-833B-227E33C43127.jpg

Local Freecycle, today

"OFFER: Air Compressor"

Hmmm, interested...

"old air compressor"

Ok, well I have loads of old stuff

"in working order"

Well thats good, I could take it off your hands...

Lets have a look at the picture shall we?

post-5525-0-53532600-1492889885_thumb.jpg

Has this actually been dredged up from the bottom of the Solent? Jesus wept, just take it to the tip...

This bonkers Telegraph journalist has done something unbelieveably wacky: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/comment/i-bought-a-265-car-from-ebay-and-im-still-smiling/#comments

ebay-ford-fiesta-1-medium_trans_NvBQzQNj

If you click on the link then click on the classic cars tab at the top of the page there is an article on Benji P and his collection of top drawer shite.  You can see the pictures but the page won't open properly.

Took this for a test for a friend, was quite nice to drive but quite a bit too 'nice' for me.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170420_0946441.jpg

The tester had a quick look over before he started and said he would be surprised if there was any issues to which he was proved correct.

It is quite nice when people look after their cars and it shows.

I got back in Patch afterwards and I know which I preferred and it was mine :)

My god that's a tidy bay, people say my workshops cluttered, I don't think it is until I see pics like that!

The Canada geese on the business park have just had little geese-ettes, we started off with 2, they bred last year and had 7 babies, one was taken to a sanctuary because it's wings hadn't developed properly and two just disappeared.

Usually they all stay together but a few weeks back they all seemed to pair off and do their own thing, obviously some breeding ritual. I love sitting outside at break times watching them, beautiful birds. C1C96C2E-788C-403E-8057-F6859997B8A1.png

Canada geese are excellent parents. They really watch over the goose babies. Unlike mallards and others!

Looks like i am not the only one who gets it wrong__

Thousands of people were running - but the London Marathon's official fundraising page wasn't.

Virgin Money Giving crashed on the morning of the race - with last-minute donors who tried to log on greeted by a message saying the service is "currently unavailable".

The website also suffered a short outage on Saturday night because "lots of donations were being made" - but the organisation had insisted the technical issues were resolved.

Posted about driving over a screw with a week old tyre in the grump thread.

We'd used the tyre weld stuff that normally means it can't be repaired, but on this can it says "take this can to a National Tyre outlet for 10% off a new tyre if you're can't be repaired". So there's a chance it can be repaired?

Yup. National Tyres didn't moan when they popped the beat and got gunk on them, but they also located the THREE FUGGING INCH bolt that was in the tyre, cleaned it all up, and did a repair for £20.

Apparently it's because Holts stuff is foam based and just wipes off, the last one we used was VAG original which is silicon based and leaves a residue which a repair won't stick to.

So another can of Holts goes in the car. Man from National even said to get it from Wilkos, not them, as it's half the price.