What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guest Hooli

When I had the Y10 loan car I had to take my shoes off when driving to avoid hitting two pedals at once, and I'm only a size 10

When I had a Midget that has pointlessly cramped pedals, as there is room to lay them out properly by building a wider pedal box. It'd have cost nothing at the design stage. Anyway, when I had a Midget I couldn't drive it in my favourite German para boots as I could push all three pedals at once with my foot upright on the brake.

The '58 festering that the ex-mrs hooli had when I met her made me limp after 25mins because all the pedals were under the heater controls. it was a shit car to drive too.

I've never had a problem with AXs (I drove my old 1.5D down to Somerset a few years back with no ill effects).  Ditto with the Innocenti, although its pedals are offset the other way 'cos LHD.  I do find 'Suds get uncomfortable on a long run though.

Agree re AXs and motorways - nobody seems to take them seriously but even my old 954cc 4-speed Début would cruise at 80 and the 1.5D was hammering along at an indicated 96 in the outside lane of the M4 for quite some time without breaking a sweat.

Saw this Renault Alpine on Facebook.

post-3133-0-66814800-1493704617_thumb.png

Browsing the comments, I found this chap saying they are shit.

post-3133-0-90079000-1493704778_thumb.jpg

In the comments a chap called Lee Crowston kindly explains that its the cooling pipes you need to be wary of but he's rudely told to do one by the OP as his mate had one etc...

post-3133-0-28841400-1493705081_thumb.png

A quick look at Lee Crowstons profile made me chuckle.

post-3133-0-60137000-1493705206_thumb.png

I put a hoover on ebay on Saturday that cost me 99p, plus £12 on a brushroll and about 3 evenings work to refurbish and mint it up. I put a high bin on it just for laughs and started the auction at what it owed me

Someone hit buy it now this morning, kerching! Now what to sell next!

Wife was sitting in the sun in our tiny back yard today and heard a couple of "lads" (her description) walking past.  One says to the other:

"That Cadillac's been there months now, it needs a restoration!"

It went out on Saturday.  Twice.  Pay attention lads!  Also, make that 12 months next week!

Also, news from stepson and wife: another granddaughter on the way! :)

6 weeks ago I changed my antidepressants from mirtazipine to sertraline and my eating habits virtually died off.

Been living on beans and soup with crackerbreads instead of bread and started walking the dogs every day.

So the grin is.........

Lost 3st 2lb.

Yeah, i noticed that with the Sertraline too, trouble is i was already pencil thin so i couldve been doing with putting on weight rather than losing more.  :-D

Spent this afternoon wandering around various diy shops looking for some window putty, in an attempt to stop some rattly panes..

Didn't half get some weird looks off a few of the (mostly female) assistants, put it down to my poor Bulgarian and accent

Just been told Putty is Bulgarian for the "Lady Garden" of a womans anatomy......

I'm guessing my hand gesturing didn't help either.lol

Spent this afternoon wandering around various diy shops looking for some window putty, in an attempt to stop some rattly panes..

Didn't half get some weird looks off a few of the (mostly female) assistants, put it down to my poor Bulgarian and accent

Just been told Putty is Bulgarian for the "Lady Garden" of a womans anatomy......

I'm guessing my hand gesturing didn't help either.lol

Like putty in your hands...

Saw this Renault Alpine on Facebook.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170502-064413.png

Browsing the comments, I found this chap saying they are shit.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170502-064206_1.jpg

In the comments a chap called Lee Crowston kindly explains that its the cooling pipes you need to be wary of but he's rudely told to do one by the OP as his mate had one etc...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170502-064218.png

A quick look at Lee Crowstons profile made me chuckle.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170502-064245.png

With an Alpine GTA the last bit I would worry about is the mechanics. They rot like fuck under the fibreglass. The one I had I was told was a real good example by someone in the Alpine club. I sold it as a breaker to a bloke in Belgium as it turned out the chassis outriggers weren't welded just silicon sealant that looked like weld. If the doors have dropped check very carefully as it is usually the A post rotted out. The hoses are fragile and there is a metal pipe under the manifold that rusts which can cause overheating leading to blown gaskets. They are a pretty tough engine though, but you are not supposed to re-surface the heads on the turbo.

Coach company in England. Long serving driver dies. "Lets do a tribute to him on our new coach and invite local dignitaries and the trade press! Have a bit of a do! Good publicity!"

Errr...0f4715957151832f71ee715d0c8f9144.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe he was a notorious grammar pedant and it's all an in joke?

Needed a couple of bits earlier and saw a sierra sapphire azure that I havnt seen for a good while so had to park next to it, the chap who owns it used to be the partner of one of mrs fps lot and I used to see it quite a bit 10 years ago then they split, he has had it from new, its looking a little tired now but still on road

20170503_144807_zps2jsk8iwh.jpg

20170503_144814_zpsyplenyok.jpg

20170503_144857_zpstix7a1m3.jpg

I put a hoover on ebay on Saturday that cost me 99p, plus £12 on a brushroll and about 3 evenings work to refurbish and mint it up. I put a high bin on it just for laughs and started the auction at what it owed me

Someone hit buy it now this morning, kerching! Now what to sell next!

£3012.99..?

You don't settle for minimum rate do you ;)

TS