What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I got my hands on a Yamaha guitar for £20 as there was a major fault with it as it wouldn't tune and stay in tune. Looking at it I couldn't see how there could be too much wrong so took a punt. A quick strip and clean showed that the springs underneath needed adjusting and now all is well.

post-19712-0-50966000-1487691131_thumb.jpg

The guy is leaving the country so needed to clear out and mentioned he had some other stuff going, £12 got me a quality tuner, stand, set of new strings, a winder tool AND this amp:

post-19712-0-66547400-1487691213_thumb.jpg

I just can't believe it, after feeling shit about the news about my eye yesterday, this has really cheered me up no end! (All his prices, not mine by the way and a really nice bloke as well).

Fancied a wee snack at work...I had one and a half slices left of a loaf from a fortnight ago, still with no green bits on it, so it goes into the toaster...and found some butter in the work fridge with a "best before" of 24 Jun on it, but still tastes ok...that'll do!

I was working in a recycling place today and spotted three Dyson DC04s with the bit we need for ours. tmp-cam--245125870.jpg

They are £5 a pop on eBay and the last one I got didn't fit because Dyson seem incapable of making two parts the same.

I spoke to someone who used to design Dysons who cheerfully admitted to me that they designed parts of them to fail just out of warranty so people would buy new ones.

The year is 2016, the place Iceland (the shop before any comment :-)) "I can't find any crispy pancakes, have you got any?"

"no, they don't make them anymore" says the bloke that works there.

Today, at home, spam through the post for Farm foods. Page 2 ,Findus crisp pancakes, mushed beef one and cheese ones!!!!

Yay! Fuck you Iceland bloke I'm going to another crap shop for my extra crap 70's food!! :-)

I spoke to someone who used to design Dysons who cheerfully admitted to me that they designed parts of them to fail just out of warranty so people would buy new ones.

Yep! I've had 2 dc25s in this week with dead brushroll motors. The parts and my fee come to £75. However ebay have brand new genuine heads for £35...

Thise wand latches are a different size from the dc04 or dc07, which may explain that

Fancied a wee snack at work...I had one and a half slices left of a loaf from a fortnight ago, still with no green bits on it, so it goes into the toaster...and found some butter in the work fridge with a "best before" of 24 Jun on it, but still tastes ok...that'll do!

You should change your username to E'coli

That would be E.Coli, (Escherichia coli) which usually in its benign form is what makes up a great proportion of shite, whereas M'coli has a soft "M" and sounds more like "mi" like in the mi-na-mi-na part of a Muppets song, and the coli bit should sound like a breed of shepherd's dog.

It was my dad's idea as being a phonetic of our surname...

Like the look of them hamwiches, I'd honestly demolish those. Probably in a sandwich.

I like food but I'm really very much not a snob about it - I know good food and mostly eat actual proper decent food (I'm subscribed to a monthly "top quality meats" hamper delivery ffs), but I'm not ashamed to enjoy a 75p microwave doner kebab or a rustlers burger for lunch at work.

But these are honestly way worse than anything. At the time of actually putting them in your gob they taste cheap but not that bad, but you pay for them for hours after.

The year is 2016, the place Iceland (the shop before any comment :-)) "I can't find any crispy pancakes, have you got any?"

"no, they don't make them anymore" says the bloke that works there.

Today, at home, spam through the post for Farm foods. Page 2 ,Findus crisp pancakes, mushed beef one and cheese ones!!!!

Yay! Fuck is you Iceland bloke I'm going to another crap shop for my extra crap 70's food!! :-)

Thanks for tip off. Not seen mushy pea fritters in a while either

I had some of these fuckers for my tea last night:

hamwich3.jpg

Hamwich18jan16153412.png

They make crispy pancakes seem like a night out at the ritz. There was nowt in the freezer apart from them, and I only bought them to wind our lass up who was practically gipping at the sight of them in the shop.

I love those. Along with the crispy pancakes, jetters and the and Turkey Dinosaurs. My freezer looks like a 90s council estate teatime

Already this year, our town volunteer fire brigade has had to attend some quite intense calls but of the two I attended yesterday, the second one put a smile on my dial:

Cat stuck up a tree! Couldn't get the truck close enough to use my first choice of extraction (squirt it with the hose reel) but sending a crew member up the tree with a pointy stick made the cat decide it was time to jump down to the safety of the tarp blanket below. 

Not before said cat took a horrendously long pee from the tree, accurately dousing the owners' Iphone, sat on a bench below!