HMC- NEW - No longer ice cold mitsi (where did my gas go?!)

HMC

4 hours ago, Tayne said:

Yes.

I don't know quite how it all works but lots of companies seem to have very convenient letters.

The first letter is a country identifier and the rest seem up for grabs.

G- Uk, D- Germany, N-USA, etc

Nike had N-IKE and some wrestling type had N-247WWE.

Someone I have met had H-BOMZ

Russian lady-

“Do you want to go to a Cuban Ballet? We need to be there in 30 min?”

Me

”Sounds good”

As it was all a bit spontaneous and choosing life I decided we should take the shad. I hadnt really driven it to get somewhere in a hurry before, so that was fun in itself! Think boat-like floaty wallowing and body roll with engine noise (im beginning to wonder if the silencers are past it as it can sound suprisingly snarly)

IMG_5547.thumb.jpeg.8c67da8c147267029f9a8f6280f22a15.jpeg

So it was quite a cultural evening. Did a quick pic beside a clock tower and a Bank (now a pub) that somehow survived the Blitz and Subsequent redevelopment, whilst everything in the immediate area didnt.

IMG_5548.thumb.jpeg.24c8c86ed047bc003e16c37c68527001.jpeg

• HMC changed the title to HMC- p38 progress

Well the p38 has so far been perfectly well behaved. Priority 1 was to turn it back from a 2 seater  to a 5 seater car.

My keenness to keep it bASe made things more complicated. Theres a choice of complete p38 interiors on e bay for peanuts. They are all later model leather ones- they look nice! Maybe this was the better idea? (spoiler: YES)

I was hoping to keep it cloth- and the easiest/ laziest thing was to just lob in a rear bench and seatbelts, and forget the aesthetics. Maybe the miss matched seats tells part of its story?

There were, i discovered, a few little other bits that had been removed during its “conversion” I believe the door cards and carpet it has wouldnt have had tan cloth matched from new.  And i couldn’t find a tan cloth rear bench. And the grey cloth rear bench i did get hold of had had the integral seat belt buckles removed from it. Then from 2 other breakers I was sent the wrong buckles, and a wrong belt respectively. I had to correct an e bay trader, supposedly a P38 expert about the centre and right rear buckles being different parts, with different part numbers, despite looking outwardly identical, and not functioning if interchanged. Slave to the bASe.

All in all to be honest with this hassle I was regretting not buying a complete later leather interior, forgetting originality and binning what was in it. Slave to the bASe

Anyway, i could do all this at a later stage if i wished, and im a seatbelt away from it being a fully functional 5 seater again which is my first priority- needed ASAP.  Most normal people just buy something with the number of seats they need. I just felt it needed rescuing.

IMG_5552.thumb.jpeg.3c3057983080055ec1a09c32cc58b564.jpeg

A (5 seater) Bitsa

I like the brown cloth in P38's - in fact all the cloth interiors are really comfy and in some ways nicer than leather. You can always keep an eye out for one. There's a good FB group which is worth joining if you haven't already. @Cooper1 on here must be a world expert by now too 😉

Only leather interior I really like is the 70s World of Leather caramac brown one. Gorgeous.

DSC_0227_b65eff296ce5972056d514e2a7a14b7

47 minutes ago, HMC said:

P38 news

The section of p38 carpet/ moulded foam underlay that was hacked out during its tow truck conversion has been sourced and dispatched from a suitable supplier, and they sent me this in lieu of a tracking note 💪

IMG_5576.thumb.png.f16c7b171f2e3375e973aab6d4520f72.png

A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.

1 hour ago, HMC said:

P38 news

The section of p38 carpet/ moulded foam underlay that was hacked out during its tow truck conversion has been sourced and dispatched from a suitable supplier, and they sent me this in lieu of a tracking note 💪

I'd not be happy about that level of choas in a workplace, but thats a p38 valve block in the foreground.

1 hour ago, HMC said:

P38 news

Kwality operation.

27 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Oh, that place is quite famous isn't it? Certainly a gold mine for anyone looking for parts for one of these.

Deffo, very friendly and knowledgeable. Had a good chat with Boss Man. It was tempting to select one of a variety of full leather interior retrim options for £not a lot that he offered,  but my first priority was simply to reinstate the rear passenger compartment.

Plus a bit of me thinks the USP of this p38 is that its not wall to wall leather with tasteful contrasting piping; and id like to try and keep the plush fabric vibe alive, as most survivors are optioned / dead cow. ( maybe ultimately they have a tan fabric option and i can bin everything)

Got to say, p38 bits are dirt cheap- speaking as a rolls owner!

• HMC changed the title to HMC- p38 Graveyard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
16 minutes ago, HMC said:

Deffo, very friendly and knowledgeable. Had a good chat with Boss Man. It was tempting to select one of a variety of full leather interior retrim options for £not a lot that he offered,  but my first priority was simply to reinstate the rear passenger compartment.

Plus a bit of me thinks the USP of this p38 is that its not wall to wall leather with tasteful contrasting piping; and id like to try and keep the plush fabric vibe alive, as most survivors are optioned / dead cow. ( maybe ultimately they have a tan fabric option and i can bin everything)

Got to say, p38 bits are dirt cheap- speaking as a rolls owner!

I've considered switching to leather on the Senator but as you say, having fabric (or wool in the case of the Opel) is what makes it different from everything else. It does have it's benefits, the Japanese used to like it for a reason. Definitely nicer to sit on during the colder months and very cozy with the heated seats on.

It was like going to a tailors; what would sir like? I was offered a choice of complete interiors (about 6 different types, all leather of some sort, and the whole interior would be about £200-£350 depending on which) Amazing VFM. That buys a posh set of ignition leads/ dizzy cap in shad circles.

Im not in the zone for a full rip it all out replacement and just needed a some missing bits- and the weather is not currently conducive to outdoors interior swaps for this kerbside shiteist.

IMG_5553.thumb.jpeg.c5ad9f2d4faa0ad96b30595abb7befab.jpeg

Although miraculously a few evenings ago it didn’t rain.

On 05/03/2024 at 17:50, HMC said:

It was like going to a tailors; what would sir like? I was offered a choice of complete interiors (about 6 different types, all leather of some sort, and the whole interior would be about £200-£350 depending on which) Amazing VFM. That buys a posh set of ignition leads/ dizzy cap in shad circles.

Im not in the zone for a full rip it all out replacement and just needed a some missing bits- and the weather is not currently conducive to outdoors interior swaps for this kerbside shiteist.

IMG_5553.thumb.jpeg.c5ad9f2d4faa0ad96b30595abb7befab.jpeg

Although miraculously a few evenings ago it didn’t rain.

Screenshot_2024-03-06-20-55-17-859_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.14884441f59f4f68485f0e2e7bff7405.jpg

Definitely a Regal vibe there Lord Melbury. Can you cash a cheque?

Screenshot_2024-03-06-20-45-06-594_com.android.chrome.jpg