What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

So today we have been on the Clun Run. An annual event organised by the Clowne Motor Club to raise money for the Air Ambulance.

Plan was to use the Delta, but last night the fuel pump decided it fancied a day off. What to do? 100 mile pround trip? Let’s go with the BMW 2000. A car that has done a maximum of 10 miles in my ownership since a restoration following import from South Africa.

What could possibly go wrong? Well as it turns out very little. Slight problem with the exhaust seal and the hot weather did cause a fair amount of pinking but a great time was had by all.

My mate in the car behind took this:

attachicon.gif89AF5105-1D23-4073-B3F8-8DEDD475CD5E.jpeg

Run was a round trip to the Newark Air Museum where they had this:

attachicon.gif8126EF43-7F14-4119-9F09-758C72FBA1A5.jpeg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

(and i dont mean the plane)

Sitting in the E30 convertible today outside the unit, when a young (pre teen) lad passes with his gran and says,

"Nice car. I've admired it a few times."

Chatted briefly to him. He's a very polite, well spoken young lad into old cars.

Then his granny pipes up,

"He loves cars, don't you son? So does his dad. Tell the gentleman your name, son."

"Cooper", says the young lad, "After the Mini. The proper one. My dad has Minis and always wanted a Cooper, but he got me instead. So he called me Cooper. He's going to do one up for me for my 17th birthday."

I truly hope he does.

^^^that makes no sense.

Apologies. Tired.

Amended.

If you're referring to anything within the picture then...well, that's a bit futile, ain't it. I'm aware some of it comes across a bit colloquial, borderline nonsense.

It was going to be a grump as the clutch hose for my Seat has got to come from Spain and I was going to take it to Le Mans. This has now turned into a grin as I will have to take the 806 and have already got two motorbikes lined up and waiting on a third. If it all comes off ok I will make enough on the sales to cover my weekend away and hopefully the cost of fixing the bloody Seat. If anyone fancies a 1983 Suzuki 125dr thats been off the road in a French barn since the 90's let me know as it is the only one I haven't got a home for yet.

Guest Hooli

Not that I'm in a position to take it on, but what is the asking price for that sort of thing?

Bored of the ZZR already?

One from Saturday.

Engineering works at Rutherglen means services from Glasgow to Newton are extended to Larkhall at the weekends. For us Central guys who don't go that far, it usually means a handover and a significant wait at Newton to bring a different train back. Herr cms206 of this parish was doing rail replacement buses from Newton to Bridgeton and informed me that Newton was really good that day.

He was not wrong.

Spencer, belonging to the replacement bus coordinators...

post-5330-0-46042500-1530618705_thumb.jpg

post-5330-0-30026900-1530618742_thumb.jpg

post-5330-0-52420200-1530618774_thumb.jpg

Spend time poking rusty cars in rented council lock up, chat to bloke who rents another lock up - he supplies cups of tea as he has the magic called electricity. He has "domestic" issues so is moving far away and asks if i'd take Yam XT660 from his lock up as it's got a wiring/connector prob so cuts out in the pouring rain and he'd have nowhere to keep it in future.  I say I've not much spare cash but could offer probably less then half what's it worth, he says that's ok as he expects it to then end up in some part of Portugal and would like to occasionally do a bit of foreign building work in exchange for riding XT660 in deserted sunny countryside. He then opens a different lock up and there's a second XT660 with a couple of broken exhaust studs so I'm now in a "buy one get one free" deal.

Also means they can have security staff on the door and turn away people if necessary. I.e. those that look like they will cause trouble.

But being Bristol and down South, they'll probably charge too.

Also means they can have security staff on the door and turn away people if necessary. I.e. those that look like they will cause trouble.

But being Bristol and down South, they'll probably charge too.

I know this is just snobbish stereotyping ,but how the hell do tell the troublemakers in a crowd of Jingoistic, red faced, football shirted Herbert's who are going into a pub at 5.00 pm on a workday?

By definition , it's al of them, surely?