The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Spent most of yesterday with the MX-5 up on ramps wire brushing the surface rust off everything and then coating almost everything with Dynax UB. All went well and the underside now looks cared for and a nice waxy blackish brown instead of just orange rust. No actual rot was apparent although I initially feared the worst. A horrible job though.

Grumpy because I felt very peculiar whilst clearing up the tools/drive/ramps etc. Really exhausted and wierd thumping sensation in my chest.

My heartbeat was all over the place, fast, then slow with missed beats, talk about scary! Never happened before. It took around three hours to return to normal and was frightening.

Anyway, just out of interest I looked up the H and S data on Dynax UB....... Should have been more careful and worn a mask I guess. Too much exposure to fumes. One side effect being cardiac arrhythmia apparently. Be careful folks! image.png

That’s ironic, I did the same yesterday albeit with Waxoyl, I felt a bit odd and had a headache after that.

I advertised a pair of mx5 seats.

They sold. Paypal are holding on to the money until they are despatched.

I quote the advert Due to size and shape I am not able to Post them. Collection from North Merseyside at weekends or Wolverhampton during the week.

If you ask very nicely before you bid and you are somewhere between the two places I could possibly deliver if not too far from M6 or A41

Guess what the last message is that i have from the buyer????

Forums are a terrible judge of character.

I don't know the ins and outs of this situation but this is a true statement, on a one car model forum I won't name but it's for rwd fords with a long bonnet that the engine sizes ranged from 1.3 to 3.0 from the factory, a week back I had an individual giving me abuse because I was standing up for a chap who was asking about a brake upgrade for said vehicles solid discs and he shot him straight down saying it didn't need uprated brakes as it wasn't fast enough, I explained you can get brake fade very easily as I have experienced it myself on a spirited drive on a country road, the individual then got on his high horse holier trying the than thou and started to give me shit bringing into question my intelligence etc also he got the winning number in keyboard warrior bingo by threatening fisticuffs, I laughed at this because this guy doesn't know me from Adam

having had shite brakes on a Fiat , I would go for a decent set any day ,

anyway I checked mine today to get rid of a mouse in the offside wheel , freed up the pad on the sliders and a bit of high temp grease and worked under the pad fingers m which now slide ....

the mouse has moved out :-)  

not after ,

when moving the car I reversed the car out of the drive way and towards another car when anal modulation took place as my foot went to the floor ,,,,,,,quickly followed by up and down modulation of the right leg and handbrake hand ..

I had forgotten to pump up the brakes ,

Conveyancers need to get in the fucking sea.

I received my mortgage offer last Monday and they still claim not to have it plus aparrently can’t chase up searches which are also long overdue.

Useless fucking cunts.

They are pretty fucking useless, by and large aren't they?

When we put an offer in on a house we didn't end up buying we did most of the calling between the agents, etc. to work out what was going on.  It was ridiculous given that we were paying somebody else to deal with all that nonsense.  Apparently nothing happens unless you poke everyone constantly...

Train line = cheating bastards. Ticket is refundable, so you would think you can get a refund, yes? Only if you book another ticket of the same or greater value. That’s not refundable that’s transferable, and they charge you there and then for the replacement but you wait 14 days for the refund. I know BR wasn’t perfect, but you turned up, bought a ticket, took a train. It just fucking worked.

having had shite brakes on a Fiat , I would go for a decent set any day ,

anyway I checked mine today to get rid of a mouse in the offside wheel , freed up the pad on the sliders and a bit of high temp grease and worked under the pad fingers m which now slide ....

the mouse has moved out :-)  

not after ,

when moving the car I reversed the car out of the drive way and towards another car when anal modulation took place as my foot went to the floor ,,,,,,,quickly followed by up and down modulation of the right leg and handbrake hand ..

I had forgotten to pump up the brakes ,

I did that once but managed to not need the brakes until barrelling into a roundabout....

It's amazing how quick you can pump brakes up isn't it?

sick of those damm flying things , so with the cheapo fly zapper dying ,

I thought I would raid its kill grid , which fitted nicely around a very attractive to flying things bulb  , powered by a 3.5 K volt flux capacitor ...

it would send the dam flying things into another place ...not near me ....  evil laughter  " neeeaahaaaa hhhhhhaaaa ha ha "

looking good ...

post-21637-0-99278900-1534866655_thumb.jpg

and the big switch on !!   

20180821_163404.mp4

o shit O SHIT ..... 

lets just see that again  ( with out the bulb )

20180821_163617.mp4

back to the drawing board .....  :-(  the little flying bar stewards can live another day   ......

If you could get through the picket lines though.

Yawn, I used the trains regularly for twenty years before privatisation and never had a single cancellation or issue like that. The same old BS about how terrible everything was in the 70s as perpetrated by the likes of the Daily Fail does get very tedious.

You’d think they weren’t charging THOUSANDS OF BASTARD POUNDS for their “services”

Honestly, Lady Grumpius and I have both considered a change of career because it would seem that the requirements to work in conveyance seem to be fuck all, given our experiences and they seem to get paid rather well.

On the other hand, we like our school holidays...

Yawn, I used the trains regularly for twenty years before privatisation and never had a single cancellation or issue like that. The same old BS about how terrible everything was in the 70s as perpetrated by the likes of the Daily Fail does get very tedious.

I commuted regularly on BR from 1978 until around 1990. Fucking useless, one year my daily train was on time twice.

Like many things, different people have different experiences with the same thing

I commuted regularly on BR from 1978 until around 1990. Fucking useless, one year my daily train was on time twice.

Like many things, different people have different experiences with the same thing

Don’t get me wrong, they weren’t perfect but I never had any major issues, they cost the country a bit, fares were cheap but there was ONE price and they were a bit tired. Now they cost the country a fortune in subsidies, fares range from having a fucking laugh to a kidney and they are still tired. Not hard to decide which I would prefer.

Had an Asda shopping delivery about an hour ago. Waynetta came out to have a go at the driver for parking in the parking area.

Then had a go at me for having a delivery man park in the parking area.

I finally snapped at her about her general shitty behaviour towards us, the neighbours and that it's ok for HER friends to park in the parking spaces but woe betide any other household having a guest park in them lest they fear her.

The rotten old cow has only rung our letting agents and complained. Just had a 20 minute ear bashing from them before I even had a chance to put my side of the story and the absolute misery this woman and her dirty plastic pikey other half has put me, my family and the neighbours since we moved here 3 months ago.

I really am considering an anti-social behaviour report about her to the council. Might tell my mates at work to forget to empty her bin or mark as 'not out' on the cab computer for the time being.

Had an Asda shopping delivery about an hour ago. Waynetta came out to have a go at the driver for parking in the parking area.

Then had a go at me for having a delivery man park in the parking area.

I finally snapped at her about her general shitty behaviour towards us, the neighbours and that it's ok for HER friends to park in the parking spaces but woe betide any other household having a guest park in them lest they fear her.

The rotten old cow has only rung our letting agents and complained. Just had a 20 minute ear bashing from them before I even had a chance to put my side of the story and the absolute misery this woman and her dirty plastic pikey other half has put me, my family and the neighbours since we moved here 3 months ago.

I really am considering an anti-social behaviour report about her to the council. Might tell my mates at work to forget to empty her bin or mark as 'not out' on the cab computer for the time being.

Just fill the spaces with unregistered turds, now if only there was a forum where you could find some old shitheap cars people would donate to a good cause........

Just fill the spaces with unregistered turds, now if only there was a forum where you could find some old shitheap cars people would donate to a good cause........

The woman (if you can call it that) needs a good hard ram up the arse to sort her out. Preferably with a Class 67 locomotive. At full chat.

I'm travelling back to the uk tomorrow for yet another funeral, my best mate from school days, moped days, 250cc days, big bike days and long term getting pissed together mate.

Another one where cancer can get in the fucking sea :(

Grump 2 is that I've just noticed my passport has expired. Brittany Ferries say it shouldn't be a problem if I turn up early and they can clear it with UK immigration.

I bloody hope so, I really need to say good bye to my old mate.

Did I type "old" ? He was 55.      I'll call that grump 3

As you said play dirty with the refuse collection, can you decline collection by the wrong things being in the bin ie recyclables on top of her general waste?that way she cant take pictures of her bin out and get your pals in trouble, then complain about her rubbish building up and the smell etc

So someone won the Oldsmobile.

Got a message to say 'im in Norfolk but my friend in Alston will come collect'

That's further away. A lot further away.

He's got to be taking the piss, surely? Look forward to seeing it relisted tonight...twunts.

Why oh fucking why is it apparently easier to buy enough chemicals to wipe out every nun and kitten on this planet than end your broadband contract with Virgin fucking Media.

If you've had a letter detailing their price rise, then you have 30 days to get out of there without any penalty. You will have to return the equipment but you just need to call up and say you're giving notice.

If you haven't had a price rise, and you're within your contract period, then no - you've got more chance of finding the Higgs-Boson using a Magimix and some glitter paint.

As you said play dirty with the refuse collection, can you decline collection by the wrong things being in the bin ie recyclables on top of her general waste?that way she cant take pictures of her bin out and get your pals in trouble, then complain about her rubbish building up and the smell etc

I'll see what the lads can do. Worst they can do is put stickers on it, and the lorries have CCTV on them in the event of a missed bin. She leaves both her bins out all week at the end of her rear access way, as do all the student houses in the area. Shame I don't live in Kent any more as I'd take home a sackful of the rejects from the dildo factory I collected from on the trade round there (search: creative mouldings gravesend) and put them in her recycling bin. I suppose I could always try and find a dildo factory near Chichester.

More annoying than this is I went to the bother of cooking something special this evening as guests were due and they didn't show up. No call or anything. Not the first time the airhead sister-in-law hasn't bothered turning up. Probably forgot about dinner and got stoned/drunk with her other half.