The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Old car mojo at all time low. 205 saga still ongoing, which is a load of crap.

Tempra seems to have developed a starting issue which I think may be fuel pump related in the past few weeks.

Rover and Tipo fine but the storage and running costs are driving me nuts. I've only got myself to blame really, but it's so draining. Dunno why I bother sometimes.

Called the garage about the 205 today and got met with 'the boss (insert his name here) will call you back'

2 and a half hours later and no call. What the hell has happened?!

Drivers* on the M1, ffs you mongtardian cuntflaps decide if you are doing 60 or 80 as I get rather pissed off with you overtaking & slowing down when I'm on cruise control.

Yeah, had a fair bit of that today, spoiling my love of cruise control. Staggered that some people still don't seem to understand that you need to apply more throttle when going up hills. They're not in a 2CV. There's no excuse for slowing down on hills!

Exactly. Coming out of Southampton last week I maintained a sporty 65 mph up a couple of pretty steep hills on the m3 and overtook dozens of cars whom had steemed past just minutes earlier. I find cruise more of an annoyance nowadays- too many other drivers can’t maintain their constant speed.

My annoyance today was cycling in to work this morning at 9.30am ( did 13 hours yesterday so had a lie in). Zero traffic delays and quiet. White bmw 1 series blasts up behind, swerves past and blasts his horn- in a thirty limit with nothing coming the other way and I was doing 20ish. One minute later I’m directly behind him when he dives over to the other side of the road where he parks and gets out. So I shout to him “ what’s the problem”. And he says you’re in the road. No reasoning with some morons.

For reference-although this isn’t penisbrains website. Yes, I had a rear light ( in broad daylight at 9.30), yes I was wearing reflective clothing, and no I wasn’t using a cycle path because there isn’t one. Mad me grumpy all day- what the hell was I doing wrong?

Called the garage about the 205 today and got met with 'the boss (insert his name here) will call you back'

2 and a half hours later and no call. What the hell has happened?!

Still no call.

I drove round there last night and the car was there. Didn't look damaged but I could only see the rear.

This is getting stupid now. I think they've managed to convince me not to go there again.

I'm hopping mad because I am skint. To save a few groat, I changed my energy supplier from Sainsburys (British Gas with a layer of orange on top) to some other lot who were cheaper. Turns out Sainsburys/BG's billing system is utter bollocks, and now I have to somehow find £600 to settle my account with them, despite paying them between £100 and £200 every friggin month and only being with them a year. Fucking ridiculous.

I know that feeling. In a similar situation with Sainsbury's myself, ended up switching to a cheaper tariff with them which saves a few quid - not as much as by switching though but every little helps

Interesting...maybe it takes power to make the wheel go round?

I had a smart meter installed about 12 months ago, gotta say its pretty awesome.  Despite all the warnings from facebook that it was a Government mind control and surveillance device.

More to do with the motor etc needing calibration & it'd never been done since new.

Mine spins so fast that I was thinking of fitting a belt to it to run a generator. £178 per month for gas and electricity plus loads for smokeless coal, all because I can't persuade a decent heating engineer to take a break from lucrative new builds and look at my broken boiler. There are several huge new estates going up within 10 miles of here.

Accident management companies , when did all that ******** start

Go hit from behind in the Mercedes, I declined the courtesy car but if I had taken it the cost to the other party insurance would have been £3220 @£230 a day

For an idea how ridiculous that is costco now do car hire, I looked at the cost of renting a VW passat for 5 weeks and it was under £800

And people wonder why insurance is going Up