What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Saw one of these in Tesco's car park today.

twike5.jpg

Interesting looking thing - I thought it was pedal powered to start with, then saw the number plate on the back.

Looked them up after I got home - they cost £19,495, batteries not included.  The cheapest battery pack is £6,380, with the super long range option (up to 210 miles if you drive like a nun) coming in at £18,105.  That's nearly forty grand in total.  For that /\ . 

Am I missing something?

17-Coffees was just telling me about the SMRC running SsangYong pickups at Knockhill yesterday!

It really was class. They are speaking about a race series for 2017 and hoping to host one at knockhill. Will be up for that one, it was on two wheels half the time, great to watch.

What a productive day

Fiesta is done, back together and running well (had to explain to the parts guy what a core plug was....). For sale after a good valet

Corolla T-Sport service done, hopefully get it in for a test this week

Panda engine swap tomorrow or Wednesday!

Whats the T-sport like to drive, I've always liked they way they look. I did look at getting a late Celica but the interior was minging, the corolla seems a good compromise, all of the go, none of the interior designed by a blind otter with a crayon.

useful day today. Knock at the door at 11 and it's the knockers asking if they can take away the remains of the XM - helped them load it into the back of the van, found some more scrap, including a big chunk of cast iron,and said don't worry about the hatch as it's all plastic. They said, nah, we'll get rid of it. Signed the paperwork and off it all went. Felt generous for the sheer hassle free way of getting rid of what would have taken me half a day to cut up and two or three tip trips and gave them the box of XM copper wiring. A result! And wife is happy with tidier front drive again!

We've been decorating Conor's room this week - mrs and daughter are on holiday in Greece so on thursday we started to empty and strip his bedroom, it's not been done since before he was born and he was getting a bit tired of the baby paper (not to mention all the accumulated rubbish of 20 years). It's a tiny room and he wants to get a HTC Vive (VR thingy) that means you need space to move around and he didn't have that, there was far too much clutter and wasted space.

By saturday, all the junk was gone, mostly straight to the tip, and we'd stripped the wallpaper. It looked like this...

IMG_8267.jpg

and I was starting to worry that we were taking too long. Too much to do, they are back thursday lunchtime and the whole house is a bombsite because decorating.

Anyway, last few days has been painting, papering, more painting, more papering and some bonus floor laying. Looks like this now, and I'm pretty pleased with it.

IMG_8272.jpg

There is still a full day's work ahead, but the end is in sight.

We have a normal kerb outside our house where the driveway is. Not a dropped kerb so for years I've been meaning to make a wee concrete ramp to assist getting on / off the drive.

Imagine how pleased I was to come home today to find the roads people have been round and started doing all the "unofficial" driveways in the street :)

ad6a3f79ef2e12821f560b756d07ae23.jpg

See, if you wait long enough someone will do shit for you :D

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

was looking fleabay at dinnertime and a spotted a second hand toy train with a BIN/best offer listing.

so i put in a insultingly low cheeky offer on said locomotive, only to have it accepted!!

bugger....

now to explain to the memsahib why there is another toy train that's going to sit in a draw/cupboard.shelf ect.

i'm going to say that it, and the rest of the train set are not cluttering up the wardrobe, but are in fact my pension plan, and see how far that gets me!

was looking fleabay at dinnertime and a spotted a second hand toy train with a BIN/best offer listing.

so i put in a insultingly low cheeky offer on said locomotive, only to have it accepted!!

bugger....

now to explain to the memsahib why there is another toy train that's going to sit in a draw/cupboard.shelf ect.

i'm going to say that it, and the rest of the train set are not cluttering up the wardrobe, but are in fact my pension plan, and see how far that gets me!

Hornby Dublo?

Hornby Dublo?

no, hornby D49 "The Cattistock" in BR lined black, with the later crest on the tender.

not the most detailed, or 100% accurate for that matter, a model. but its a model that i do like. 

and its one from the end of production at Margate, and as i have the other BR versions "The Pytchley" and best of all, "Yorkshire" it kinda makes the set!

5 months after buying A BRAND NEW FUCKING CAR the dealer has finally stopped the back suspension knocking like a shithouse door, and put the correct ECU map on so I've now got about 20% more power. 

I stand by my decision to buy a new car (in 2030, a 19 year old version of me will buy it for about £500 and I've done him a right favour) but I dropped a massive bollock buying it from where I did because they're just completely shit.