More tax

Me9

No idea what each car is but I know I'm paying around £150 per month across the fleet for the next six months. Only the Range Rover and the Skoda (or whatever daily I have by the time October rolls around) will stay taxed through winter. 

It's like all the other tax we all pay - I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if we were actually getting something worthwhile for the money rather than a country rapidly falling apart at the seams.

2 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

I will be literally dead before that happens to me.

Thankfully I can afford the £59 per month boot in the baws for the Saab and I like the car so I will keep paying it.

Luckily I'm on direct debit for both of ours (07 z4 3.0si coupe and 07 st150). So I'm not going to look at what it gone upto cos I don't need to. I'll only get upset anyway....

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

I'm done with paying loads of tax for cars these days

And that's exactly what these greedy lying shower of robbing fkrs want...... ie hopefully to get our old shitters off the roads that we've all paid handsomely for to drive on.

And for what..

Lexus Rx 350 going up from £695 to £735 apparently. I've gone from 56k to 86k since 2017 and paid more in ved than I paid for my car now. 

Averaged probably 18 mpg as well.

Still drive on local shitty pot holed roads.

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I'm done with paying loads of tax for cars these days

And that's exactly what these greedy lying shower of robbing fkrs want...... ie hopefully to get our old shitters off the roads that we've all paid handsomely for to drive on.

And for what..

29 minutes ago, kevins said:

£365 for the street ka stings a bit, on the other hand in this day and age £30 a month doesn't get you much.

My god that's some price for one of these, it kind of makes what I and others pay look justified.

8 minutes ago, Me9 said:

My god that's some price for one of these, it kind of makes what I and others pay look justified.

It is plain ridiculous, it's an anomoly of the way they measure CO2, the old rocam in it doesen't do that well in the nedc lab tests, the reality is it does about the same mpg (and threfore real world CO2) as our 1.4 fiesta which only costs £180.

Looks like that's £735 for the outback then. Joy.   I can live with the 65 a month or whatever it'll be as the thing costs nothing in repairs, so far. But  adding it up over the years is bloody sobering. 

Still, there'll be no more 6 cylinder daily drivers after this one.   I look at that 406 v6 in the for sale section...gone are the days eh? Proper car that. 

£210 for the Skoda. £345 now for the Vectra. £160 when I bought the former, £325 the latter. £555 total now.

What with the price of insurance now, chances are one will be outgoing come renewal time.

42 minutes ago, bigstraight6 said:

Don’t get me started on this subject, brand new Tesla/Porshe/Audi EV loadsamoney wank and no Road tax. 

They pay the surcharge still. And the free after sixth year is going.

1 minute ago, RichardK said:

They pay the surcharge still. And the free after sixth year is going.

Ah, I didn’t know that. I bet the vast majority of these hateful things on the road are company cars with all the tax breaks, just an observation in my working class neighbourhood where there are no EV’s in sight!

5 minutes ago, bigstraight6 said:

Ah, I didn’t know that. I bet the vast majority of these hateful things on the road are company cars with all the tax breaks, just an observation in my working class neighbourhood where there are no EV’s in sight!

This is the thing, the government and the eco morons have nothing but contempt for working class people. 

6 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It's all about pricing people out of "old" (15+ year old?) vehicles which are inherently more reliable and long lasting than they used to be. (The MK1 Focus for example is still a remarkably modern feeling, capable, practical and reliable vehicle despite the earliest examples now being 26 years old)

Pretty much this. Much like the ULEZ bollocks, it has absolutely fuck all to do with emissions and just a case of getting cars of a certain age out of the hands of people that are already struggling to get by, whilst not really doing anything to harm those with enough money to not give a fuck either way.... in fact, they'll be happy to pay for the privilege on things like LEZs because they can drive in with whatever they like knowing they'll be sat in less traffic and will find it easier to get parked. Win/Win for them.

Tax is just the LEZ where they haven't found a way to ban you, yet, so will forcibly try to get you to give up the car by making an economically sensible, reliable car financially unviable.

The extra, extra cynical side of me as well thinks it's yet another cultural shift into forcing the population into debt/finance, because that also keeps their heads down, working until they drop just to keep what they have, but don't really 'own'.

3 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

Pretty much this. Much like the ULEZ bollocks, it has absolutely fuck all to do with emissions and just a case of getting cars of a certain age out of the hands of people that are already struggling to get by, whilst not really doing anything to harm those with enough money to not give a fuck either way.... in fact, they'll be happy to pay for the privilege on things like LEZs because they can drive in with whatever they like knowing they'll be sat in less traffic and will find it easier to get parked. Win/Win for them.

Tax is just the LEZ where they haven't found a way to ban you, yet, so will forcibly try to get you to give up the car by making an economically sensible, reliable car financially unviable.

The extra, extra cynical side of me as well thinks it's yet another cultural shift into forcing the population into debt/finance, because that also keeps their heads down, working until they drop just to keep what they have, but don't really 'own'.

The latest thing that made me laugh about ULEZ was sending the "refugee vehicles" to Ukraine. Ermmm... Ok then!? So it's got fuck all to do with scrapping the "polluting" vehicles but actually just punishing the ordinary motorist to meet the otherwise unfeasible climate targets/agendas, it must be ok if the pollution occurs in Ukraine! Almost as if it's on the same frigging planet? 🤣🤣