AI worded ads

HMC

Hi, apologies if we have had this, but im noticing more and more AI worded ads. Nothing specific but a load of generic waffle that says nothing that a potential buyer would find of value.

Why?

I get that if you want specifics, send a e mail, but a more specific ad could answer some of those questions. Maybe its an example of seller apathy in the face of timewasters, and is effective in weeding them out? 

IMG_5605.thumb.png.ef2d5923c7354278dc0b23de91a99e7c.png

IMG_5599.thumb.png.e8549eee43c7cc1ce1411b088ba8e36f.png

IMG_5600.thumb.png.001a7038d7fec6eeea086328b59a5920.png

Which appeals more? Its hard to say!

IMG_5607.thumb.png.d718bcb3dbe7c41a24225f5ad8458fd1.png

2 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

I can see the use of AI for medical research but it just seems to make life worse in every other way.  I'm just glad it can't take my job (because no intelligence is required).

My catheter blocked on Thursday.  If I saw a nurse consulting AI for advice on how to get the new one in, I'd be horrified and try to do it myself!  However, he didn't but it took 45 minutes.  I therefore vote to keep it away from medical use until thoroughly proven 😁.  I'll tolerate it on ebay even though it's rubbish.  In fact, it is as pointless as adverts which give the history of the marque rather than admit that the car for sale rarely runs properly, has got sills made from duct tape covered with filler, freshly applied  underseal holding the floor together and a recent respray.  These adverts often have very few photographs plus a covered valuable* number plate which apparently justifies the ridiculous asking price. AI and waffle nicely warns me away from a wasted journey.

It's just utterly pointless, and as I mentioned on the eBay Fuckwits thread, could potentially lead to "not as described" claims as the AI just makes up a load of bullshit. 

I can't see how they are in any way better, I know half the ads online appear to have been written by a stoned baboon, but I'd rather no description than this nonsense 

Another one that pisses me off is the ‘Florida Motel Car Park’ background that BCA use recycled into the advert. Chances are they’ve not even picked the fucker up yet. It’s just symptomatic of the stupidity of people today that think there’s some shortcut to intense riches, probably same wankers that sit on their phone loudly telling people they’re into crypto when in reality they work nights at a scotch egg factory. 

1 hour ago, HMC said:

IMG_5609.thumb.png.19b2d65e17a1f4ef02b741b6d9b01db1.png

tbh - that's not too bad is it?

I have a deadline this week for another tranche of Uni essays and we're now linking the (expected) answers to an explicit scenario to try and get around AI generated replies. Abstract/generic stuff drops half the marks instantly.
Unless you tweak your AI answer it'll miss the scenario points and (like those that know nothing  about the car you are selling) if you don't fully understand the topic you'll deliver a bland answer). Tweaking the AI text not impossible but it w

18 minutes ago, lisbon_road said:

I do a lot of ebay adverts and won't use it.  I tried it and it makes it sound as if some simple car part is going to change your life.  Seems to me that'll piss off potential purchasers more than a simple plain description.

Thing I worry about is a tipping point where theses sort of ads become the expected norm - we'll all end up reading/writing/talking in an updated Elizabethan, flowery manner in utterly meaningless platitudes.
Be like an episode of Black Adder without the comedy (or Brian Blessed)
Last year you could easily pick them out, this year it's much harder - especially if the use of flowery adverbs/adjectives is ruled out in the generation. 

It seems to be very flowery in it's wording  making the advert clearly AI generated. However when I did my ebay advert or my C6 I asked chat GPT to sanity check it and it pointed out some pretty good points that I missed.

It did also attempt to re-write the advert but I'm pretty sure it used the word "resplendent" in the advert text so I binned it.