What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

:lol: was gonna post madonna but wanted a sad bastard link :D

go on...... cliff mitchelmore anne (greig)? and the john fella - whats his surname??

im sad but not that sad - cant remember :D i didnt google :D

bimble to leics then down to harpenden

tunnel to frog then dunkrk tomorrow eve

boulogne coast to berck then cross country to ypres

eindhoven friday for daf

then cross cuntree sat to mannheim to be near lobbach on sunday

dusseldorf (must find out remise address) then home monday

norfolk coast then home tuesday :D

Ms C has sold my camper after a month of Ebay and Gumtree messers.

We chucked a decent battery on and bump started it down the road and obviously didn't* take an untaxed van that's been sat unstarted for 3 years for a five mile test drive up the lanes.

Buyer is quite tempted to drive it to a pre-booked MOT near home but wonders if a three hour drive might be taking the piss.

Last year i didn't drive a SORNed car from Co. Kerry to London for a pre-booked MOT.   In fairness I booked an MOT in Pembroke by the ferry but got delayed so the place was shut and I certainly didn't carry on to London.

Verdict - 3 hour drive is nothing, he'll be fine. a big deal - don't do it.

People (usually young blokes) who carry crates of lager: they always seem like the most happiest anyone could ever be and carry their prized possessions like a newborn baby or a bag stuffed with pure gold.

I've owned the grotty Rover for about 48 hours an already sourced every exterior part needed to make it look respectable within budget.

Excellent work.  I trust you frisbee'd those wheeltrims about 471/2 hours ago, too.   ;-)

You do know we're counting on you to have this spotless by Sunday, don't you?

I was in a motor factors this afternoon, I put my keys down on the counter. While I was being served, a woman came in and asked for a bottle of K-seal. She paid and left, then the guy who served her picked my keys up off the counter and went to run out after her because she forgot them.

100 shite points to anyone who can guess what sort of car I'm driving....... :D

Geo-structural engineer Bloke came round to advise us on reducing the size of the bank and retaining wall at the front of the bungalow, all good it can be done and cheaply too but that wasn't the whole grin .... As he left he asked about the "car under the cover" so I showed him Rex and the 1100 and we had a half hour chat about cars.... :) Hope I am not paying for this chat I said.... No worries he replied I will only charge you at mates rates ..... That and the chat made me grin.... Nothing better than a good car chat :)

10555536-large.jpg

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Startled-horse-smashes-young-driver-s-car-rider/story-27454259-detail/story.html

Even horses think badly of Vauxhalls.  Check out the quality scrapyard parts used, that's nice to see.

Wahey Plymouth! 

Where people aren't surprised that a car's been destroyed by a horse, they're just pissed no-one left insurance details.

10555536-large.jpg

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Startled-horse-smashes-young-driver-s-car-rider/story-27454259-detail/story.html

Even horses think badly of Vauxhalls. Check out the quality scrapyard parts used, that's nice to see.

"A HORSE DID IT AND RAN AWAY, HONEST".

I do like the the fact that

The horse was described as brown

That rounds it down a bit. Constable Smith, send all those green horses home.

12.30 texted my sister to say enjoy her flight to Oslo, then at about 1.30 messaged her showing the Flightradar image of her flight, and where the plane had come from etc. At 1.50 whilst the plane is over the north sea she rings me.... This isn't right... She's in tears. She somehow managed to miss the gate call, heard the last call whilst using the facilities and raced to the gate to find it already shut. Had a think, jumped straight onto Skyscanner, and basically told her to shift her arse asap from Stansted to Heathrow as that was the only other place she'd be able to get a flight from today. Was quite a ride getting all the logistics all tied up, but she's over there now and £400 worse off!!!

The other grin is to do with the fact the my ex has moved on, which is fine, I'm happy if she's happy even if she has rather narcissistic tendencies. But she's also transferring her job from London to Glasgow, which is brilliant because she hates Volvos :-D.

It also means I'm gonna feel completely guilt free if/when I ask another girl out for a date on Saturday, in spitting distance of a shared love, the Ordnance Survey HQ

Off to get a cork gasket, or at least some cork sheet for the side rocker cover on the sideboard. After a fruitless search (why can't you get cork sheet anymore?) I popped into Craddocks in Cannock as the Rover shares the same engine(ish) as late series ones/early series two landys.

"I don't suppose you have a side rocker cover gasket for a two litre petrol series one do you?"

Old chap behind counter reaches behind doorway to stores and retrieves a blue packet containing said article.

"Four pounds ninety three please"

A nigh on sixty year old car and I can get service items off the shelf for less than most things from a shop not far from me. Running old cars impossible? Nah mate, easier than most moderns and cheaper too!

Had to book a taxi this morning to Heartlands Hospital,Doc said best not to drive after a day of physio  so hey ho

Indian Guy turns up at 8.00 in a Merc and by the gods talk about crazy taxi , got stuck at Junction 7 as jt9 is closed forever as it seems, no problem, flits between a grass verge, two artics, and off and away, I held on for grim death the whole way. but by god it was fun, cant remember the last time I was a passenger. It was so good I had the return flight by him and he was just as bloody mad. His bloody repair bills must be huge as he drives like a complete wastrel