What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Last week a local author, who is a friend, ran a draw on FB for her latest thriller.  I won one!  So the other day she dropped it through my door, signed too.  I have a few of hers now...  Helen Phifer is the name to look for if you like a police thriller.

On 03/03/2024 at 20:22, richardmorris said:

Well it’s a talking point . Will you need to keep your leg shaved to see it ?

I don’t know, we’ll have to wait and see. The hair I had on my arm pre tattoo there hasn’t grown back the same so who knows. But god the shaved leg feels very feminine, kinky even. Possible mainstay?

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

seen how much pc tickets for nec are 

🤣🤣🤣

Nowt to me! As usual I have a stand there. I have a discount code (saves 3 and a half quid iirc) but I MIGHT have a spare exhibitor pass. Drop me a pm nearer the time if you want to go, I should know if I have spares soon

Just on Whatsapp talking to my mate, telling him about the new mountain bike I've just ordered and I got a text through saying that I've won a 1980s Raleigh BMX on one of those online roffle things. 

Screenshot_20240307-220822.thumb.jpg.fa0cad65fb62f3d3517acc9f7656f096.jpg

WTF am I going to do with that? 

Anyone got a roofrack, Volkswagen and pineapple for sale? 

They do seem to sell for good money on ebay. Whether this is a desirable one or not I'll have to check. Plus I'll need to see what condition its in when it gets here. 

I rarely enter these things, I was just at work and the system went on a go slow so got bored, went on my phone and had a punt on this. 

21 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Just on Whatsapp talking to my mate, telling him about the new mountain bike I've just ordered and I got a text through saying that I've won a 1980s Raleigh BMX on one of those online roffle things. 

Screenshot_20240307-220822.thumb.jpg.fa0cad65fb62f3d3517acc9f7656f096.jpg

WTF am I going to do with that? 

Anyone got a roofrack, Volkswagen and pineapple for sale? 

They do seem to sell for good money on ebay. Whether this is a desirable one or not I'll have to check. Plus I'll need to see what condition its in when it gets here. 

I rarely enter these things, I was just at work and the system went on a go slow so got bored, went on my phone and had a punt on this. 

Nice win!

That looks like a Mk1 Night Burner. If it's a clean survivor, it's worth a minimum of £600 I'd have said. There's a clean survivor on ebay for £800 although it's not sold. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Nice win!

That looks like a Mk1 Night Burner. If it's a clean survivor, it's worth a minimum of £600 I'd have said. There's a clean survivor on ebay for £800 although it's not sold. 

Its a 1983 mk1 GX Burner. Looks similar though to a night burner. 

https://retro.raleigh.co.uk/bikes/gx-burner/

Probably not as desirable as some others but still worth a few quid. 

28 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Race van

IMG_9535.thumb.jpeg.613ea3fd39c5fd87017df85e48f49c74.jpeg

This performance mod has added 43 1/2 bhp and improved the handling by 40%.

In my tiny little mind. 

looks great, it’s a really nice size but good and chunky at the same time. it’s that a home made hub ? looks like wood grain from here :) 

2 minutes ago, gm said:

looks great, it’s a really nice size but good and chunky at the same time. it’s that a home made hub ? looks like wood grain from here :) 

It feels nice and frames the clocks nicely. Got it from @gm in here. Cant find my centre cap so knocked one up from leftover timber on site and glued a bottle top in the centre. Thought better than making a boss from wood so bought a quality Chinese one off ebay.

2 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Race van

IMG_9535.thumb.jpeg.613ea3fd39c5fd87017df85e48f49c74.jpeg

This performance mod has added 43 1/2 bhp and improved the handling by 40%.

In my tiny little mind. 

Sports steering wheels in vans are ace - deffo increase power too!

20231024_162226.thumb.jpg.61e9a89aa17e7f3da6d9a7d726f5f2da.jpg

GTI innit - my own feeble by comparison effort - love the bottle top centre on yours 👍.

4 hours ago, Blunderguts said:

Paralytic with laughter at this news story;

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/itv-newsreader-nina-hossain-swears-105700481.html

Basically, the newsreader accidentally called Jeremy Hunt Mr Cunt. LMAO

It happens a lot. Was discussing it with some colleagues and we're wondering whether its an in joke with broadcasters. Something like if you lose a bet, you have to call him a cunt on air or something. 

16 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

It happens a lot. Was discussing it with some colleagues and we're wondering whether its an in joke with broadcasters. Something like if you lose a bet, you have to call him a cunt on air or something. 

That is hysterical. Problem is it's true....

On 06/03/2024 at 21:32, Saabnut said:

Nowt to me! As usual I have a stand there. I have a discount code (saves 3 and a half quid iirc) but I MIGHT have a spare exhibitor pass. Drop me a pm nearer the time if you want to go, I should know if I have spares soon

I've had an email generously* offering me a free ticket if I man the Maestro/Montego stand...

No thanks. I mean, I get that it's volunteer led and all that, but honestly f__k that. It'd be fine for a retiree who likes talking to people who like BLARG products but I'm neither really. 

and the only difference between a standard room and a premier plus room is

one of them pod coffee machines (ive never drunk coffee)

a posher chair in the corner

no shower over the bath

room layout is the same - bed is the same tv is the same (missing channels - travelodge is the same - wtf when its freeview)

3 hours ago, grogee said:

I've had an email generously* offering me a free ticket if I man the Maestro/Montego stand...

No thanks. I mean, I get that it's volunteer led and all that, but honestly f__k that. It'd be fine for a retiree who likes talking to people who like BLARG products but I'm neither really. 

Expenses paid?