What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just listening to the Pixies Bossanova for the first time in years (best one IMO) and I was listening to 'Rock Music' and decided to google the lyrics as I always thought they were a bit odd, even by Pixies standards.

Turns out when i thought they were screaming 'Hey you dozy Asian junkie' he was actually saying 'Hey you know me, me conoce'

I don't know either but it's slightly less racist, possibly depending on what conoce means?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30hFJ-T0zw

Just listening to the Pixies Bossanova for the first time in years (best one IMO) and I was listening to 'Rock Music' and decided to google the lyrics as I always thought they were a bit odd, even by Pixies standards.

Turns out when i thought they were screaming 'Hey you dozy Asian junkie' he was actually saying 'Hey you know me, me conoce'

I don't know either but it's slightly less racist, possibly depending on what conoce means?

I'm listening to Trompe Le Monde now and actually think that's better.  Might be an age thing.

I ordered some random shit from the Mercedes Benz Club today - a keyring, a baseball cap and a window sticker.

The website reminded me that I could qualify for free postage if I paid TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS on club branded tat.

Cant help but grin at the sense of entitlement!

The CQC are due to visit our Trust Very Soon.

I have informed my management team that I intend to answer each question the CQC person may ask thusly: 'I believe that may be an ecumenical matter'.

I see no flaw with this plan, especially as I retire in 57 days.

Alternate with Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls

My grin today is my ‘new’ clock-radio, scored for £Nil.

7b945170ba430f72f935d208e74f0257.jpg

I have always wanted a flip-clock and they are usually £100+ on the interweb, so when I pulled this out of a skip I was very pleased.

What makes it such a winner is the fantastic radio tuner, the FM hooks up to the house aerial and is fantastic and even the AM is picking up stations which has never happened before in my area.

Get 'Pixes at the BBC' some of their best tracks in a live set but with decent recording equipment. Fantastic.

Despite loving pretty much every band that ever claimed to be influenced by the Pixies, and Deal’s Breeders, for ages I never got the Pixies, then something clicked and I listened to them constantly for about a month.

I liked the Pixies fine but they've never really 'clicked' for me aside from a few individual songs.  'Monkey Gone to Heaven' is probably my favourite, along with (perhaps weirdly) 'Caribou'.  Probably the same for Melvins although that probably has more to do with the fact that I haven't heard as much as I ought to...

On musical grins, a few years ago I was assisting as the London Drum Show (my mate used to own a drum company) and I literally ran into Nick Mason from Pink Floyd, nearly knocking him over.  Fortunately enough, he was very nice about it and I was very apologetic.  Still makes me smile.

I saw Penelope Keith drive past when I was waiting for a crossing to change.

I hope Una was nicer.

(She knew I was staring and she blanked me).

She was absolutely charming and was telling a young lad next to us that it was people of his age group (about 21, at a guess) and a bit over who recognised her most.

Also saw Nigel Eubank is his floppy top Rolls Royce (don’t mind him, but boxing not my thing) and possibly Boris Johnson on his bike.

Waiting for a bus in London and who was next to us in the queue? Una Stubbs. 

Life simply does not get better than that. 

Surely you mean - a GOOD LIFE …. EDIT - I'm surprised she's still kicking, she looked a little worn out last time I saw her on t'box….

I saw Penelope Keith drive past when I was waiting for a crossing to change.

I hope Una was nicer.

(She knew I was staring and she blanked me).

ah.... perhaps not 

Their demolishing a load of quite nice looking 1970's warehouses next to the office. We have a front row seat on the first floor, and it's been ace watching them pick it apart, everyone's been at the window at various points.

Except in a few weeks, they'll be taking the fucking huge concrete slab up... Can't wait for everyone to suddenly hate it as they spend a few days breaking it up...

One of the massive diggers has a pair of snips on the end and is cutting the girders that would probably take 20 people to lift like I'd snap a matchstick!

I was convinced he owned a car dealership but it was actually a small chain of gyms. No idea where that false memory came from.

Didn't Wolf move to NZ? 

Now if i saw Jet from Gladiators in the mid-noughties (or in fact at anytime) I would be proper excited.

I'll keep this brief because it's very off topic but fellow shitter Mr Twiggy is a dab hand at leather! Belt making, car door pull strap making (I imagine) and unobtainable parts for 1931 vacuum cleaners making too!

post-5612-0-99800500-1551473437_thumb.jpg

Looks the utter business, especially considering this is the best original one in the world

post-5612-0-36598700-1551473627_thumb.jpeg

Its amazingly good, thanks Twiggy!

I saw this earlier and didn't click on it because I'd disagree with it all!

None of those are bangers ffs, their all new cars that should continue doing car like stuff for many years yet

Not seen a ‘Bangers that will become classics’ thing in a newspaper ever that hasn’t been half-arsed, lazy journalism as it’s very worst.

I saw this earlier and didn't click on it because I'd disagree with it all!

None of those are bangers ffs, their all new cars that should continue doing car like stuff for many years yet

They're all the thick end of 20 years old. They're not new.