The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

7 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I've used something similar on a few cars   - ombrello.

2 x OMBRELLO GLASS TREATMENT RAIN REPELLANT W/SCREEN AQUAPEL | eBay

On the CX with the slightly curved screen you could drive on the motorway in pouring rain and not need to use the wiper.

I've used rainX on quite a few of my cars, it has the interesting effect that the faster you drive the better you can see. Watching rain flow steadily and quickly upward on the screen is also somewhat hypnotic.

So it turns out that it was the flexi hoses that were leaking on the TT, both sides. As it's at the back and the flexi is at the lower arm pivot with a further very short section of solid line to the caliper, the whole section, including a longer section of solid line going to somewhere around the back of the rear floor needs to be bought. That explains why I was confused when I read online that you couldn't just make a section out of copper .

Apparently a very hard part to get hold of but the garage managed it so its all done now and back home. Unfortunately not the short section of copper repair I was hoping for but at least its safe again. Whatever next!

34 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Headlamp and drl works, just when it switches to the indicator orange more often than not it doesn’t.  I am a bit annoyed about the time, but what can you do?

So they have you driving around in the meantime with a car that's sans a working front indicator?  That sounds responsible of them...

Surely if that's a warranty issue and it's taking them that long to sort it, they should be providing a courtesy car rather than having you stuck driving around in a car missing part of a system needed for it to be considered roadworthy.

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

So they have you driving around in the meantime with a car that's sans a working front indicator?  That sounds responsible of them...

Surely if that's a warranty issue and it's taking them that long to sort it, they should be providing a courtesy car rather than having you stuck driving around in a car missing part of a system needed for it to be considered roadworthy.

It’s quite amazing how little I need to turn right! And it’s a good thing that the rear flasher still works. 

I did say to the woman calling , tongue in cheek, that if I wanted a car with no indicators I’d have bought a BMW.  She said she would ring if there was an earlier cancellation but may not be able to guarantee a courtesy car then.

9 minutes ago, artdjones said:

These aren't cars in the normal meaning of the word, just rich men's boasting tokens.

If I had the money to buy one it would go on daily duties, why wouldn't you do a maccies run or nip to the offie in your CLK GTR Roadster.

That's probably why I'm not a rich man.

5 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

If I had the money to buy one it would go on daily duties, why wouldn't you do a maccies run or nip to the offie in your CLK GTR Roadster.

That's probably why I'm not a rich man.

This was parked in the general open car park of Mercedes World. Probably worth more than most of the old/modern Mercs that were on display in the museum! Filthy too. 

PXL_20230823_151744993.jpg

PXL_20230823_151802747.jpg

PXL_20230823_151718100.jpg

1 minute ago, SiC said:

This was parked in the general open car park of Mercedes World. Probably worth more than most of the old/modern Mercs that were on display in the museum! Filthy too. 

PXL_20230823_151744993.jpg

PXL_20230823_151802747.jpg

PXL_20230823_151718100.jpg

I don't know if I should be ashamed or proud - I have absolutely no idea what that is!

4 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Positive news there, fingers crossed for you chap.

Thanks. For reasons we came home by a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid taxi. It felt extremely well built and smooth. Ride a little hard. Driver says he gets about 68mpg (above the actual official number), which sounds great and is a painless cab to run.

We're in @HMC land, just been to visit Mother Grogee. The back road was flooded, a man in an MG electric warned us but I still drove onward to 'check'. Sure enough it was flooded in a section where I killed my Mini in about 1992. (Temporarily - was fine once coil dried out).

Didn't want to risk the Corsa in 3ft of water so turned around. A Peugeot 308 had tried to pass through and failed so the owner was about to do the Trudge of Shame where they have to open the door and let in all the water. 

Been looking out for some Shitely heaps that might belong to @HMC but there's nothing obvious. Between Tavi and Bere Alston I passed a black 03 bmw-7-series that looked impressively fucked with crap wheels and a silver rear bumper. No pics as I was driving. 

20231103_122505.jpg

2 hours ago, SiC said:

I know DeMuro has his haters on here - but when he say it's the hypercar that no-one notices, he's correct.

17 minutes ago, grogee said:

We're in @HMC land, just been to visit Mother Grogee. The back road was flooded, a man in an MG electric warned us but I still drove onward to 'check'. Sure enough it was flooded in a section where I killed my Mini in about 1992. (Temporarily - was fine once coil dried out).

Didn't want to risk the Corsa in 3ft of water so turned around. A Peugeot 308 had tried to pass through and failed so the owner was about to do the Trudge of Shame where they have to open the door and let in all the water. 

Been looking out for some Shitely heaps that might belong to @HMC but there's nothing obvious. Between Tavi and Bere Alston I passed a black 03 bmw-7-series that looked impressively fucked with crap wheels and a silver rear bumper. No pics as I was driving. 

20231103_122505.jpg

20231103_122505.jpg.c7389d896bc3470f5aca701d5e6ea974.jpg