Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

The Rover 800

post-20795-0-74829700-1514074753_thumb.jpeg

post-20795-0-21830300-1514074980_thumb.jpeg

IN AUSTRALIA!?!?

Turns out they were sold here between 1987 and 1991!

I have never seen one here ever, not even for sale.

I want one. I really do.

EDIT: found this website with some useful information about Aussie market Rovers.

https://rover800australia.com/

There's a good reason for not knowing these exist- they don't yet!

Was it a prototype testing or something? That rendering looks like an A7 with a Bentley grille, I'm hoping the real thing is a bit more imposing when it arrives.

No idea.It was driving through Chelmsford, probably still on my dashcam. Maybe the pic's not right - seems to be a Flying Spur according to Bentley's website.

I love it.. only here on Autoshite would a man who owns two Škoda get away with sayin that   :mrgreen: 

Ha ha, the irony of that was completely lost on me when I typed it. I'm so comfortable with my Felicia now that I forget it is practically invisible to the general public. Would explain the amount of car park dings it has attracted over the years.

A colleague of mine had a Logo.  I'd never heard of them either so Googled it, and of course you can't - you just get the Honda (lower-case l)ogo - a big letter H.

The Post Office comment is entirely accurate, he'd liberated it from his elderly father when he decided to give up driving.

In fairness, the Logo went entirely under my radar too. I only realised they existed about two years ago when Mrs DC snapped a particularly battered example for my delectation.

post-17915-0-42312100-1514281942_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-29044200-1514281970_thumb.jpg

I've seen a few around since (and one only a week or so ago), but they were entirely invisible to me at the time they were new - I never noticed any ads for them, any writeups in Auto Express, or any customers coming in needing bits for one.

Connoisseur-grade shite in the making, surely...

I saw one of these yesterday. Do t recall ever seeing one before, although that could just be because MODERN

attachicon.gifHyundai-Accent-hatchback-rear-1.jpg

I saw one of those a couple of weeks back in Spalding when picking up the Audi.  They were sold here as the Accent Atlantic for a brief period between the original Accent finally succumbing to old age and the I20 going on sale.  Only ever as a 3 door.

Ever heard of the StreetScooter (sic)?

image-1191617-860_poster_16x9-cbhi-11916

deutsche_post_streetscooter.jpg

Messe-Header-1-1920x1000.jpg

Get used to it. Since it's German, it'll soon be the biggest e-car maker in the world rendering the rest insignificant.

It has DHL money behind it, which makes even Elon Musk look like a beach bum.

Another chance missed by the nation that hitherto had a monopoly on milk floats.

post-7547-0-37530400-1514745591_thumb.jpgpost-7547-0-65938400-1514745609_thumb.jpg

A couple of old snotters I've not seen before, Jennings bodied Standard 8 and Triumph 9. When I were a boy there were lots of wooden contraptions of this type about, most on their last gasp and riddled with woodworm. My favourites were rebodied ex WW2 stuff. They were hopelessly uneconomical with low compression sidevalve engines and final drive ratios more suited to military conditions.

I saw this thing a few times in West London. Didn't know it was electric, didn't know it was Chinese.

Seems to be the first-ever Chinese car to get over here, and in right-hand-drive.

BYD, Build Your Dreams, started off as battery manufacturers then got into cars and are into buses in a very big way. Most of the electric buses in London have BYD units under them.