Comfy interiors

Station

post-17414-0-53029600-1413927196_thumb.jpg

Plastic seats, rubber mats, column change yet still one of the comfiest cars I've ever owned.

post-17414-0-52903900-1413927302_thumb.jpg

Leather,wood,Wilton yet head squashed against the roof and backache after 30 minutes.

post-17414-0-38368700-1413927394_thumb.jpg

My office for the last 2.5 years and 230,000 miles ,and it was supremely comfy for every one- I'm thinking that maybe I'm built more like a typical Yank than is strictly healthy- I certainly haven't got a Recaro shaped arse( copyright Martin Clunes) and Bavarian chic maybe wasn't the way to go for the next 2 years.

post-5367-0-43573800-1413928129_thumb.jpg

My 79 Grand Prix had THIS interior.....60/40 split front seat.   I slept in it more than once, although the last time I did it the bloody seat back took about 36 minutes to return to normal accompanied by much burning smell...Wasn't me, honest.

Honourable mention - 280SE W116 with optional velour and Renner 6 in black vinyl.   Both comfy but both different.   

Most of my daily motoring is now done in Morris 1000 with standard seats - Mrs Merc made me some tigerskin fur covers which are fine except I have a slightly squirmy feeling that I have skinned somebody wearing a onesie....

Comfy when you've broken down.

attachicon.gif20131219-03.jpg

I can confirm that this very Princess back seat is the comfiest car I have ever slept in - 3 nights of some considerable comfort spent on that rear bench.

The comfiest and most relaxing car I have had to drive and sit in was the XM.

T15eSXF.jpg?

Those half leather seats were super comfy and nice and warm, the radio was good the suspension was soft and the arm rest was well positioned. The most relaxing car I have ever known to drive, at any speed despite how often it seemed to be broken in a way that would cause brake failure.

I had a C reg BX 19RD estate and I was miserable with back pain almost as soon as I got it. No back / bum support at all, there must be more than sort of BX seat.

Yup. The itchy ones Corsaviour cherishes are terrible. No lower back support. GTi/TZD are best. Renault 21 Monaco leather seats are very good too. Very comfy. ;)

Probably not the most obvious choice for a super comfortable interior, and being a bit of an 'Italian' shape probably helps but in terms of seat comfort and general driving position combined with the nice soft leather wheel and gear lever, my Alfa 156 took a lot of beating. MG0XP61.jpg