Comfy interiors

Station

I will not be using the word comfortable.

This is because the mother in law pronounces it cum-for-tub-le including the dashes.

This word is now ruined forever.

I would also point out that other AS staples are not proper words either. Chod and giffer for example.

That starion does indeed look comfy.

I can't look at any German seats and imagine them to be anything remotely comfortable. 

Those leather ones look hard. Doesn't help being leather either really, not a fan. Perhaps it's because I'm a fat git, and I can imagine all the lumpy bits being in the wrong place.

What you need is a big French car with velour.

'Comfort' means jib all when it comes to a 1990 Fiat Panda. Which is about as comfy as sliding down Ben Nevis on a breezeblock, in the knack with a really bad case of the farmers.

French sadly does not always equate to comfort.  While I've been pleasantly surprised by little French cars - Saxo, 106, new Clio - I've been sorely disappointed with the Xantia whose seats are almost hard and not even close to being as relaxing as earlier offerings.

I want to put BX seats in EVERYTHING.

Best.  Seats.  EVAR.

I had a C reg BX 19RD estate and I was miserable with back pain almost as soon as I got it. No back / bum support at all, there must be more than sort of BX seat.

I loved the leather in my old Volvo 740, got a bit cold in winter but they were heated so not a problem. These old Volvo seats are really good, you can drive them for ever and get out feeling fine and ache free at the end.

frontinterior_zps5f90f993.jpg

backseats_zps7a7a0ad1.jpg

The velour seats in the Granada arent bad either. Not quite as good as Volvos but I think the rest of the interior, style wise, makes up for it.

2014-08-11175830_zps2183a72b.jpg

However my fav is the yanks! This is a fantastically comfy place to be. Great for when your broken down waiting for a tow, I know from experience! You can lay down and sleep easily across the front bench or the back one!

002-XL_zps0dd125a9.jpg

024-XL_zps056d9594.jpg

Xm, obv!

I've always wanted to sit in those bog leather armchairs fitted to Granada's in the early 90s, and some early mondeos. If I ever go down the Mondeo route it has to have that interior!

Zx seats are comfy too, not the ones in a volcane with a broken lumbar adjuster...