I am INXS (officially sold 08/12/13)

Jim Bell

After my last kamikaze foray into the sub £400 automobile roulette of doom went so very well, I immediately began saving up another £400 to waste.

The very day that my charity save-a-thon totaliser (wallet) reached the golden £400 target, I began looking for a way to swap it all for pain and rust.

Enter stage left the Autoshite forum, looking available in a very provocative see-through onesie. Its wares were very well displayed. Time to open some tins of headache soup and stick a hopefull pin in the screen.

IIIIiiiiiiiii'll haaaaaave, THAT ONE!

PM owner. Arrange purchase. Swear. Cancel purchase due to legal issues. Win at legal issues. PM owner again. Arrange purchase again. Book tickets. Tell Mrs. Shitpeas shes having a 45 minute holiday in Grimsby, and we are out of the traps!

Public Transport odessey begins with the sun coming up.

Pic one. End of the street.
7Ushmqp.jpg

Take me to............ ah fuck you number 148. This hasnt started well.
n2ZVQRj.jpg

Make it as far as Greggs, which is handy, as its opposite a big station/builidng site.
KDdEeLC.jpg

Big train. If you squint, you can see the "New Castle" that gives the toon its name.
KfdfDRS.jpg

Wey aye, lets get up the front and see if he'll give wu a shot on it.
J2ZTaMn.jpg

Moving over the Tyne and into "the south". Insert pig meat and bread to ward against germs.

rU4gyFK.jpg

rKMxEea.png

nNApzyB.jpg

Wave at fellow traveler.

PoQLtdq.png

Must be a Scotchman.

Few hours later we arrive in sunneh Doncater.

AuayaK4.jpg

Someone walked in on the missus while she was trying to push a piss out in Doncaster station, which put her in a foul mood. Sort your piss box locks out pls Donny. I calmed her down with a trot to Cooplands for some more baked goods.

Onward to that Grimsby!

We arrived safe and MikeD of this parrish met us at the station, well, near the station in his very impressive BMW M series supercar-a-tron. Which promptly died.
"Its never done that before." he said in a Grimsby accent.
We scratched our and hmmmmed a bit, untill an old man with a Grimsby accent appeared from nowhere with a set of jump leads, a bunch of flowers and a K series MG.

K Series helps M Series shocker.

Mike clocks Mrs Shitpeas seeing the funny side.
9wM3JiC.jpg

Unleash the OMGHGF powers!!
o3ayZYb.jpg

The beemer started up, hands were shaken and pats on the back were given to the old Samaritan, and off we went.

For about 20 yards, then it died again. Altenator then *rolls eyes".

I like walking in the rain, so lets do that. The Blue Wonder was abandoned to be srapped/repaired as seen fit and we trotted through the drizzle off to Cassa Del MikeD.

Had a look round the car, started it up and it began chuffing steam out of a pipe.
Aye. Right. Well. Its a long way home isnt it.

"Its never done that before" said Mike. In a Grimsby accent.

"Temp gauge stays dead centre, always" he added.
He seemed like an honest sort, so I checked the filler for mayo, gave all the glass a wipe and set the Nav (missus) to directing duties.

We are off!

Forgot to take any pics at Mikes, but liked the look of his BMW and Bug.

Fuck it, lets get on.

Here we are safely home. Trip back was uneventfull and comfortable.

The steed:

QNCIDoj.jpg

kXHuzV0.jpg

37IJj9y.jpg

981EiOw.jpg

spzmwfi.jpg

xLcrmWJ.jpg

eYnHx00.jpg

EgtyKz1.jpg

2v5jN7l.jpg

ywl3EDL.jpg

Not too shabby.

Requires some items though. Disks and pads as its breaking terrible. CV, probably track rod end or ball joint. Will soon see for sure as its off for a MOT on Thurs.

What driving lights mr MOT tester? These are just gaffer tape holders.
bDTWZmJ.jpg

Character:
nuU0itN.jpg

4zLHYiL.jpg

5dkXsqY.jpg

EgFAx0P.jpg

Steam came out of here for a while, then stopped.....
PEqENyX.jpg

On the whole I'm very happy with it, and keen to improve it.
Europarts had an Ebay sale on so have snagged a cam belt kit, water pump, leads, cap, rotor arm, disks, pads, plugs, oil filter ready to thank it for passing the coming MOT.

Shall update on thurs after MOT.

Cheers for all the help Mike.
Youre a gent.

Was nice to meet you chief :) Glad it got you back safe, I wonder if the steam was just a hissy fit for being sat idle wince June or whenever it was! Yesterday was not my day for cars AT ALL! Beemer is all fixed again now, recon alternator has her on her way again :) I just took my jump pack down and used it to power me for the drive home! I had to change the wheels on the Focus later on as the back had a puncture!

Glad the little thing will get the love it deserves, sadly my recently re-acquired house is stealing all my monies so I'll be down to just the Beemer and Bug

PM owner. Arrange purchase. Swear. Cancel purchase due to legal issues. Win at legal issues. PM owner again. Arrange purchase again. Book tickets. Tell Mrs. Shitpeas shes having a 45 minute holiday in Grimsby, and we are out of the traps!

legal?? what ya do??

45 mins in grimsby?? donny sounded worse (and is - outside loos in them mostly :P)

legal?? what ya do??

Just a boring dispute over ownership / parking that seemed destined to spiral out of control and incur financial outlay to fight:

http://autoshite.com/topic/14622-tfl-fine-advice-updated-081113/

All turned out well though.

Better to stick my cash in Mike D's pocket, that in the god damned Feds coffers.

Are these even sentances?

I'm confused :shock:

And I haven't even been drinking

I shall translate.

1) All BMWs are shit.

2) Congratulations for telling Transport For London to Get To Fuck.

3) Pay fines to the Daft-hats and the Council. These are the only people you can not get the best of.

Message ends.