Official shitely Thread

scooters

Xantia towbar from Royston Herts to Stoke on Trent/Birmingham/Nottingham?

How urgently? I'll be visiting Herts in the next few weeks, not sure of the exact date though, either Stoke or Brum would be doable.

Next few weeks would be fine if it's no trouble.

Ruffgeezer, This one in Royston is a freebee so anything in that price range!

ouldn't get too excited as it is going to need some work. The previous owner decided to repaint it a rather patchy OMG RAT LUKZ etc matt Black, he is a 37 year old teacher but this was his first car and he did it in his teens!! It had been Sandglow. I don't mind black Maxi's but not in matt. So I am going to take the plunge and respray it, probably in its original Sandglow!

Regarding the above. My blue mk3 Marina wa excatly the same. Some bright spark had painted it matt black for the rat look. However instead of repainting it i took celly paint thinners to it. Underneath the blue paint was fine. Hadn t even rubbed it down. Try a bit and see what the Sandglow looks like underneath. Just be prepared mega mega litres of elbow grease required!

Anyone on here anywhere near Folkestone, Kent?

There's a small haul of Lancia Y10 parts there, including pretty much every part I need to finish mine off.

Sadly Folkestone is abut as far away as you can get from Tiverton without going to Scotland so not easy for me to pick up and as there are quite a few oddly shaped and slightly fragile parts, I doubt they would be easy to courier safely.

Here is a picture of what will need moving. The largest parts are a radiator, strut brace and the 2 grills. The rest is all quite small parts except for the pieces of carpet but they can be rolled or folded to fit into smaller spaces around stuff and the washer bottle is a little large as well but not huge. Overall, apart from the radiator and strut brace it would probably all fit in a medium sized cardboard box, or quite happily around other stuff.

$(KGrHqFHJEIFGNPPK6k(BRkQn,IkQg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIkE9qU3k6-iBRkQt-zeP!~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kIWBBRkQvjljF!~~60_12.JPG

I haven't bought this lot as of yet, but soon will have done in a couple of days.

If you guys would still be happy to pickup, store and then transport then that would be great. I will pay petrol money and beer tokens.

Hi Duke! Too early for that reminder?

How urgently? I'll be visiting Herts in the next few weeks, not sure of the exact date though, either Stoke or Brum would be doable.

I can collect and store the parts but onwards delivery is not possible for me, but maybe someone else can collect from me on your behalf. Hope this may help.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

If you could collect and store then it would give me a little extra flexibility in getting them back. Hopefully Panhard will be be able to grab them on his way back as he is only just up the road from me. Are you closer or further away from Dover than Folkestone? And Panhard, having seen the quantity, are you still willing to bring them back?

I should be able to bring that lot back but will have to speak to the other half as it is her car we are going in and I know what she is like when we go away. She has got an 807 and will still manage to fill it even though we are only going for 3 days. I would have to collect on the monday afternoon though as there wouldnt be enough time on the thursday morning when we leave

Hi Duke! Too early for that reminder?

:-) I'm planning to go down for the second week in June, hope that's not too late?

Anyone here live in or very near H erne Bay and is free this afternoon for like 2 minutes at all? If so pm me please, cheers.

Long shot but anyone travelling between Devon and Derby this week who'd like to pick up a Honda CG125 motorbike? I got a courier booked via Shipley last week but he's delayed until this week and his email manner (when he even responds) is appalling so it's very hard to communicate with him, currently waiting for him to confirm if he's picking it up tomorrow or Thursday but if he mucks me around any more I'll get my deposit back. It's been paid for, seller's being very patient but I think it's starting to wear thin!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any shiters near Camberly?

There's a flywheel & clutch on ebay I'm interested in and the guy won't courier it. Would anyone local be able to pick it up and store it for a couple of weeks or put it in a box and courier it for me.

Any shiters near Camberly?

There's a flywheel & clutch on ebay I'm interested in and the guy won't courier it. Would anyone local be able to pick it up and store it for a couple of weeks or put it in a box and courier it for me.

Might be able to. When does it end? I am going to Lincoln to pick up Xantia in couple of weeks if that is any good? 

Might be able to. When does it end? I am going to Lincoln to pick up Xantia in couple of weeks if that is any good? 

The auction ends tomorrow night, I've not bid on it yet.

If you could pick it up that would be gr9, if you could bring it up the A1 that would be gr13.4..... I'm not too far away from Mr Ruffgeezer so I'm sure something could be arranged ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...