Official shitely Thread

scooters

lying on my hospital bed this morning in a drug induced haze I had an idea. There have been quite alot of us who have cars kit parts etc that need collecting. Given that we are scattered all over the county I thought it would be an idea to post and shipping requirements here so that if anyone has to go from a to b then they could assist in the ship.

Eg...I have a car in surbiton that I need to get to edinburgh. Now let's say that a fellow shitter in sw London has to come up here to collect a car he has bought in cental Scotland . If he checked this thread.and saw my requirement then he could collect my car and drive it up here or, I could collect his and drive to him. Or, ideally we meet half way.

Now this could.save us all on train fares or flights.

Obviously in your ' advert ' post you'd have to indicate road worthieness, insurance status tax and mot. Any costs/ money involved to be agreed by the parties.

What do you think?

Not quite the same sorry but I've got trade insurance and can drive cars and vans from 1980 onwards that are taxed/tested from Chester and surrounding areas if needed.

Austin Maxi from Leamington Spa to Stourbridge - not been driven for thirteen years although last started in 2005!

Suspension down on one side due to lack of Hydrolastic fluid so would rule of 'A' framing!!

Stop it....your turning me on!

As an extension to this, we could get a couple of 'shite hubs' around the more central parts of the country. E.g. the Management could say "we have some free space for parts in a Leicester unit", or I could say "you're welcome to park your shite near my house in Sheffield as long as you don't mind it getting broken into every other night". Shiter A has to travel for work from Glasgow to Birmingham, drops the parts in Leicester on the way. The following weekend, Shiter B has to travel from Norfolk to Manchester for a cousin's wedding. Returning home, he picks up the parts from Leicester and delivers them to Shiter C in Cambridge. Shitly fees saved, team spirit's up and and beer/petrol subsidies are flowing around.

A proper Shiteforce operation!

Stop it....your turning me on!

LOL!

I wouldn't get too excited as it is going to need some work. The previous owner decided to repaint it a rather patchy OMG RAT LUKZ etc matt Black, he is a 37 year old teacher but this was his first car and he did it in his teens!! It had been Sandglow. I don't mind black Maxi's but not in matt. So I am going to take the plunge and respray it, probably in its original Sandglow!

I'm not working at the moment, so if people need vehicles moving from or to Yorkshire, must be drivable (mot'd etc) I'm quite happy to do at cost, I.e dayz insurance, trainfair home etc.

I don't mind collecting/storing stuff in Sussex (I live in Lewes), or moving things between here and North Kent/Surrey/Hampshire etc.

I can't do whole cars though (unless they're roadworthy and you pay for day insurance etc) and now I'm using the Allegro, the size of stuff I can carry is quite limited.

I'm not working at the moment, so if people need vehicles moving from or to Yorkshire, must be drivable (mot'd etc) I'm quite happy to do at cost, I.e dayz insurance, trainfair home etc.

+ 1

Used to do this for a mate everytime he bought cars. I'm located in the West Midlands. I've also done this a few times for others so isnt anything, but do bear in mind my car is a saloon so anything large parts like engines/bonnets big doors might be a bit too big to fit in my car.

Not quite the same sorry but I've got trade insurance and can drive cars and vans from 1980 onwards that are taxed/tested from Chester and surrounding areas if needed.

Ditto, except my policy says 1945 onwards.

Double ditto. Mine has no age restriction at all, but a specific exclusion for steam powered.

I have a Volvo 240 to take to Lundun for Fred, sometime between her finding somewhere to put it and the MoT running out (November). I have no way of getting home yet.

Might be able to help you out Scooters. End of October is Halfterm for me and might be up in Kinross to see in laws. Subject to it all happening and also GF approval I could happily drive it up and train it back.

That could work moog. It is in good nick and unmolested. Timescales work for me as well as the buggers postponed my surgery till 29th Sept. I could give you a lift to and collect you from kinross. Or you could use one of the cars here ...306... is g9 4 spending tap all on fuel

Have off road parking for one vehicle or two fairly small ones midway between Preston and Lancaster, 5 miles from junction 33 of the M6,

No trade insurance but happy to help out with collection/delivery in local area for cost of day insurance, fuel, bus fare home.

(Not been watching Bullseye on Challenge TV, No No, not me :oops: )

I don't mind shifting the odd shitter for local folk. Merseyside and surrounding areas. I have use of a trailer, but it's a tilt bed so if whatever crap that needs moving won't actually move by itself that will be your problem.

As the tow cars aren't even slightly fuel efficient, you're paying for the juice.

I can do some parts-hauling over the next few weeks - basically anything that'll fit into an AstraVan (I've had 2 Bluebird bonnets in there without any damage, so it's fairly roomy). Being on Anglesey, I could do pick-ups/drop-offs at the ferry port if needed.

Owing to skintness, diesel moniez would be needed, although it's fairly good on juice as I drive like an old fart.

• 9 months later...

Well I can store up to 5 cars if needed, can pick up pretty much anywhere in the South of Scotland/ North of England, got an A frame/use of a trailer, trade insurance 1975 onwards...oh and I am going to Stratford in August, in fact if I have the time, I could drop of anything, anywhere if the costs are covered.

there is a pair of 806 wheels with tyres on that I want in Coventry. Trouble is I'm down south. Can anyone get them a bit nearer London?

I'm in Coventry, so I'd be more than happy to collect and store.

Not sure about the getting closer to London part though - I've no imminent plans to travel down south at the mo.

PM me if this is any use.