Warren Works... An MG6. In for test. Replacement taxi for you lot to enjoy!

warren t claim

11 hours ago, SiC said:

If it can talk to it 🫣. Hopefully the engine ECU will just be some generic setup of an Bosch EDC series.

Is there any MG6 diesels going cheap on Copart/FB? Might be worth having a whole spare car to strip for parts when you need them quickly, if you have room for one (wtc_garage?).

Our snap on and autel gear seems to have no trouble communicating with them 👍

9 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Are clutches for these still unobtainium?

Pretty much everything is unobtainium via the factors and mainstream dealer network. 

The one we look after has a noisy DMF, have found that Brown and gammons are an excellent independent dealer, they do stock the DMF and clutch. A cool £958 for the package. Ouch! Very salty, but you don't have much choice

I suppose parts can be found cheaper via internet sleuthing/overseas suppliers but then it becomes a lot of hassle for finding simple parts. 

The problem with parts for these doesn't fill a person with confidence for second-hand MG's in the future, does it?

I test drove an MG5 last year, and quite liked it (apart from the box that holds the sensors behind the mirror is so large you might as well have a giffer sat nav directly in your line of sight) and was considering a second-hand one eventually. Too risky if the company refuses to support past models, IMO, and buying one new is daft because the quality does not match the price.

On the plus side, they'll be silly cheap second-hand eventually, because even minor borkage will mean calling the scrap man.

On 02/01/2024 at 09:57, grogee said:

9/2 FAV No start, no code

5/1 Limp mode after radio on

7/1 Whiny gearbox

10/1 Catastrophic fluid leak

14/1 PAS failure

16/1 Misfire + code for component that doesn't exist

By the way, are the child locks switched on - rear doors locked problem? 

Who had three miles in the EML limp home sweepstake?

On 02/01/2024 at 12:20, Bren said:

I bought an insignia with 182k on the clock so I am in no position to laugh at anybody.

I love the look of these, but reports of chocolate gearboxes and shit oil pump/level causing engine to commit hari-kari have soured it somewhat..

Whats it like as an owner??

There were a few of these plated in Renfrewshire but I think the draconian licensing rules on age have seen them off more than anything; there were at least half a dozen plying here.

Not been in Greenock for a while, Inverclyde still had an R-reg Mondeo on their books not that long ago and there was an old boy ran an N-reg Cavalier past it's 20th birthday, so if there's a 6 anywhere it'll be there.