DirtyDaily antics. 4.4 L322 2006

DirtyDaily

8 hours ago, DirtyDaily said:

Line in Carlisle is flooded and train terminates there. Rail replacement coming in... Been made aware that the coaches probably won't be ready for when we get their as well.
Sweet jesus

This was the official network rail train position map the other week when I was trying to get home from work

img_0193.png

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

Sidenote: Is there a Train Driver shortage? 

I periodically check to see if my local train company are recruiting Trainee Drivers but there are never any opportunities. 

With apologies for the further thread derail (geddit?), but I applied to become a train driver at GA a few years back - passed all the aptitude tests but failed at the manager interview because I didn't have enough recent public-facing customer service experience.  Worth thinking about as I assume your current job is relatively similar to mine...

With apologies for the further thread derail (geddit?), but I applied to become a train driver at GA a few years back - passed all the aptitude tests but failed at the manager interview because I didn't have enough recent public-facing customer service experience.  Worth thinking about as I assume your current job is relatively similar to mine...
I'll allow it considering you got a pun in there

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

Sidenote: Is there a Train Driver shortage? 

I periodically check to see if my local train company are recruiting Trainee Drivers but there are never any opportunities. 

Depends which TOC it is, and whether they’re being allowed to recruit. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

Based on what I've heard from the locals here, I think you're the first person to say that about Dundee!  Good luck.
I had my preconceived notion of Dundee. So far I've seen a lovely harbour, some nice buildings, a few private jets and the coffee shop is okay. I've not been stabbed yet but 40 minutes for that to change.