2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Estate - Sold and last drive

SiC

2 hours ago, Matty said:

Making up for the parsimonious breakfast?

As someone with a temperamental stomach at the best of times, I always get anxiety on collections from the unknown and stress. Even though this should be inheritanly good proven car I still get it. So doesn't make sense but then never does. Hence I'm not doing a poo count like others as I don't want to set an unofficial record 🤣

(I think I'm about on six already...)

I definitely prefer the trains down the South West. Brunel certainly knew how to plan a smooth route with a view in comparison! I usually stare out the window but there isn't much to see apart from retail parks and industrial estates on this midlands train. 

1 hour ago, rantingYoof said:

This model postdates the 'avoid sharp glances or it will collapse into a pile of particles' era of Mercedes build quality.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

More accurately it falls in between the aforementioned pile of particles era and the subsequent rotting rear subframe period. MOT’d the 2012 Cabriolet yesterday and I was more nervous about it failing on the back axle falling out than when I last put a Series 1 XJ6 in about 35 years ago. Luckily it hasn’t got any sign ( yet) of rust.

Also they’re nice and compact, here’s mine parked next to a Mini

2D1206BA-A982-4C3F-B29D-0E476F8E5386.thumb.jpeg.1d4a3c2dea2100b4b11af85c2812373a.jpeg

Currently pitstopped at in-laws in Newbury. Zero trouble and lovely to drive. Reminds me a lot of my Saab and I see why people love them. Makes me a calm driver who's happy bumbling along at 60/70mph. I'll write up more later as have a few questions to the Merc experts.

PXL_20231103_184044242.jpg

6 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

More accurately it falls in between the aforementioned pile of particles era and the subsequent rotting rear subframe period. MOT’d the 2012 Cabriolet yesterday and I was more nervous about it failing on the back axle falling out than when I last put a Series 1 XJ6 in about 35 years ago. Luckily it hasn’t got any sign ( yet) of rust.

Also they’re nice and compact, here’s mine parked next to a Mini

2D1206BA-A982-4C3F-B29D-0E476F8E5386.thumb.jpeg.1d4a3c2dea2100b4b11af85c2812373a.jpeg

Bini should just release a new model - The Mini Oxymoron.
After the R56 they're just getting silly sized. 
My wife's R55 is not that much smaller that the Ovlov 940 - it's taller, slightly narrower and if the 940 didn't have a boot like a hearse and a nose like Jimmy Durante then there'd be little dimensional difference there either.