Future classics

Rocket88

24 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Stuff that I would buy and store if I had the room…

Mk 1 Audi TT

Audi A2

Renault Wind

Peugeot 306 cabriolet 

Peugeot 206 convertible 

Peugeot 406 coupe

50’s Sunbeam Talbot ( gone up massively in last year)

Reliant Scimitar 

Rover P6

Loads more… any suggestions?

I hadnt realised I wanted an A2 for the last 20 years but now I really do fancy one.  Still seem to be available for not a lot of money 

41 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Stuff that I would buy and store if I had the room…

Mk 1 Audi TT

Audi A2

Renault Wind

Peugeot 306 cabriolet 

Peugeot 206 convertible 

Peugeot 406 coupe

50’s Sunbeam Talbot ( gone up massively in last year)

Reliant Scimitar 

Rover P6

Loads more… any suggestions?

1950's Daimlers. Beautifully engineered - stuffy styling but currently underrated.

Anything in the 'Historic' tax class - they are all ULEZ exempt.

30's cars - as the current older owners have stopped driving they have gone down in value - but really great fun and simple to work on (mostly).

The 5th generation Ford Mustang - 2005 onwards. A sweet spot - lovely styling - retro but not too much and they hold their value.

Anything diesel that will run on bio-fuel not dino-juice.

French 'youngtimer' cars (90's) - never been a cheaper time to buy in France as tightening legislation drives them off the road in France.

Any older commercial vehicle - anything rare like Trojan vans etc.

The Jowett Javelin - an engineering tour de force that is very drivable.

Rolls Royce Silver Shadow - prices are firming as people finally work out how to keep them. 

Anything that is hyper-popular on YouTube or Instagram - the Jaguar XJS styling has finally come of age.

Anything of any age from the classic 'japcrap' era -1970-2000.

The Lexus SC Coupe.

The GeeWizz car.

Early Smart cars.

And finally automobilia seems to continue going up - especially old signs and posters.

46 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

Mk1 Focus ?

Would think yes. But less doors, more power, seems to be the way with old Fords, certainly initially. A while back, someone asked motoring writer John Simister this, and he came up with Mk 1 MINI, Mk 1 Ford Ka and Mk 1 Focus as suggestions for a reasonably priced collection. 

Pre face-lift R50 Bini?
As the current range gets ever more bloated, the "originals" begin to look truer to the real original.
They're at the age now where they are not worth repairing for most folks so are becoming a rarer sight on the roads.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Modern stuff:

Fiat 500
Pug 107/Citroen C1/Aygo
Anything Ford, though I expect Mk1 Ka's will be extinct soon and anything with a Fiesta badge.

Things with a sporty following that 20 somethings cant afford now, or card they learned in / first cars (so Honda Jizz'z etc) thats what typically drives the classic market - nostalgia.

alt-5a8c360499847-4909-0e1730635765a3468cdb55def220b9a1@1x.jpg.b72d5767911097adbc0a9e1c0a37f5aa.jpg
There are bikes and cars galore I'd love if I had the spare change, stuff I had 30 years ago that back then was near worthless and now commands good money.

11 hours ago, wesacosa said:

was that the inferno red on that was on here a few years ago.  They look bloody lovely in that colour 

Yes, infra red is a rare colour. Would still have another. But being mindful of where they rot now. I can see the 220 being a future classic once the diesels have died a death. But unfortunately they’re in the high tax band now which is a crying shame. 

Floppy-tops? I foresee that although they are everywhere at the moment, as the hood systems break or need retrimming they will cost more to repair than their market value and they will go over the bridge. This, in addition to normal things that get cars scrapped will see their numbers plummet.

Early Boxsters. Need to be in nice condition though. Not a bit scruffy like mine. 

V6 engined Omegas seem to be on the rise and will probably follow the Senator / Carlton in that regard.

Unlikely that my 200,000 mile example will be a good pension pot though.

Mercedes 190,s are on the up (even clean basic versions)  and will probably only keep going up.

22 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Floppy-tops? I foresee that although they are everywhere at the moment, as the hood systems break or need retrimming they will cost more to repair than their market value and they will go over the bridge. This, in addition to normal things that get cars scrapped will see their numbers plummet.

Also - are there any electric convertibles being made? The po-faced who drive electric eschew pleasure of any type. 😂