Jump to content
trigger

UK Shitefest 1-3rd May 2020

Recommended Posts

It's just a field but it is camping, £5 a night for tents, I'll check but caravans will probably be around the same price, best bet for hotels would be one of the Holiday Inn/Travelodge or Premier inns in Ipswich, all will be around 15-20mins from the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, trigger said:

It's just a field but it is camping, £5 a night for tents, I'll check but caravans will probably be around the same price, best bet for hotels would be one of the Holiday Inn/Travelodge or Premier inns in Ipswich, all will be around 15-20mins from the field.

oooh camping sounds fun! i shall do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the landlady of the Rose have any objection to people kipping in their cars?  Obvs the intention is that I'll drive home in the evening and back down the following morning, but if I end up accidentally* having a drink I might need to sleep in whatever I've come down in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The distance is doable on the trike which has got me thinking. I may be tempted to get a hotel room though due to being in a tent will knacker my back up and I dont have a trailer tent any more. Could make a bivvy in the erde trailer I've got though 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price of Ipswich South Premier Inn has just gone down for the Saturday night.

I've just booked Friday and Saturday night for £60.50 (non refundable), so I'm screwed if I can't make it, but really £30 a night for a reasonable bed is pretty good!

Breakfast is £9.50 extra a night, but you can obviously just choose to have that at the time if you want it.

I notice Suffolk food hall is nearby and does some (not cheap) breakfast options too: https://suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/A5-menu-October.pd

There is also the cookhouse restaurant on that site that does the full English etc https://suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Franchise-font-2019-July.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is hotel or whatever booking something you must do well in advanced?

or can it be done closer to the date?

I cant do tenting, so looks like I will have to book some sort of accommodations to make this

but im reluctant to do anything right now, as im not 100% where I will stand with REV, I really hope I can have her ready by May

but im just not 100% sure sadly, so I dont want to book something only to find out I cant make it, or the situation changes in someway (say if someone else puts me up in their boat or something! not the first time thats happened :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

is hotel or whatever booking something you must do well in advanced?

No, there'll probably be space even up to the night before in a Premier Inn, I'm just aware that it wouldn't get much (or any) cheaper than it is now. I'm sure there will be some local Airbnb options too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, egg said:

No, there'll probably be space even up to the night before in a Premier Inn, I'm just aware that it wouldn't get much (or any) cheaper than it is now. I'm sure there will be some local Airbnb options too.

ah good to know :) 

(hopefully things dont come down to a last minute thing the night before but you never know!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, egg said:

Price of Ipswich South Premier Inn has just gone down for the Saturday night.

I've just booked Friday and Saturday night for £60.50 (non refundable), so I'm screwed if I can't make it, but really £30 a night for a reasonable bed is pretty good!

Breakfast is £9.50 extra a night, but you can obviously just choose to have that at the time if you want it.

I notice Suffolk food hall is nearby and does some (not cheap) breakfast options too: https://suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/A5-menu-October.pd

There is also the cookhouse restaurant on that site that does the full English etc https://suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Franchise-font-2019-July.pdf

Thanks for that. Booked. I assume we will be treated to a Scottish High Calorie Breakfast Buffet (taste the corners) on one of the mornings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By richardmorris
      While I’m feeling sociable and non stressed. Does anyone fancy meeting up at Staplefield on the 3rd November to watch the veteran car rally? The pub does a good bbq breakfast.
    • By DVee8
      This years NEC Classic Motor show November 8-10 is almost with us.
      Who is going?
      Myself and No1 son are looking at going Saturday 9th, I haven't been for about 9 years.
    • By Saabnut
      I have mentioned this to a few shiters over the year and there seems to be some interest so I thought I would make it happen. It also gets the date into the AS Calendar before anything else gets organised for the same weekend.
      The location is half way between Lemans and Tours in Sarthe, Pays de Loire, France, approx 300 miles and 5 hours from Calais, or 120 miles and 2.5 hours from Caen. The date of 3-5 July is the Lemans Classic weekend, where there are great cars on track (where else will you see pre-war Bentleys power sliding and GT40s with glowing brake discs at night) and the car park is probably the biggest and best classic car show in Europe. The AS site is about 25 mins drive from the circuit, with easy access.
      The format is basically whatever you want it to be. The AS base will be at my place in France that a few shiters have visited. I am afraid the bedrooms are already booked, but there is 6 acres of level camping ground,  We will be travelling down from West Sussex via the tunnel and a combination of peage and back roads in a convoy of classics. You are welcome to join the convoy at any point or meet at the venue. We will travel down probably Thursday 2nd and most will return Monday 6th, but some will stay on for a week or two and you are welcome to stay on if you wish. The nearest bar is about 1km away, but 3km away is the famous "Hotel de France" in La Chatre sur le Loir (google it). You do not have to attend the Lemans Classic, if you would rather sit and drink beer (hopefully in the sun) that is fine.
      It will be up to the individuals to organise ferry/tunnel etc and getting there, I can provide camping ground, bogs, showers and a fridge for the beer. No commitment required especially at this stage, If you fancy a foreign trip with your chod, put your name down on the list. Nearer the time those still interested will get further details and the hidden location by PM. If anyone would prefer a B&B obviously they are in high demand around the classic, but I have a few contacts and could possibly find a room or two, but they would need to be booked fairly soon. No booking for camping is required.
      To give you an idea, whilst nothing is yet confirmed, the convoy down is likely to include a Gordon Keeble, a Rolls Royce 20/25, a Westfield, a Mk2 Jag and a Fiesta 1100. It will not be a fast convoy......
      Oooh La La, I'll help destroy the French wine lake
      1. Saabnut
      2. Inspector Morose
      3. Northern Monkey
      4. Monsieur Le Hairnet
      5. Bangernomics
      6. Chodweaver
      7.
    • By Frogchod
      I may be going to this, work permitting.
      http://www.lva-auto.fr/agenda.detail.php?id=143990
      I've not been before but apparently it's a bigun.
      If I go I'm happy to look out for unobtainium frogchod bits.
×
×
  • Create New...