UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

2 minutes ago, trigger said:

Yep, It's basically a large field behind a pub and It's £5 a night to stay or £10 if you tow a shed behind you, cheap as chips!

excellent! i can't wait** to sleep in my car, i have absolutely no doubts it's either going to be boiling hot or freezing

27 minutes ago, maxxo said:

excellent! i can't wait** to sleep in my car, i have absolutely no doubts it's either going to be boiling hot or freezing

The secret is 2 duvets and many pillows. Also turn the engine on and set the heaters to full blast half an hour before bed time. Then fall asleep before it cools down again once the engines off

I've got a tent now, but ive also got an estate now, and sleeping in the car will be less hassle to erect... 

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

The secret is 2 duvets and many pillows. Also turn the engine on and set the heaters to full blast half an hour before bed time. Then fall asleep before it cools down again once the engines off

I've got a tent now, but ive also got an estate now, and sleeping in the car will be less hassle to erect... 

i think it might be more comfortable if i just buy a cheap tent, on the way there of course because i will have forgotten

2 hours ago, trigger said:

So it's now less than 2 months until this, I'm just checking to see that people are still interested

still very much want to make it in REV :) 

just really hope I can get REV ready in time and have a full driving licence by then!

(both of which have been taking longer then id have ideally liked!)

I also have to figure out what the hell im doing for accommodations, as theres no boat for me to sleep in this time! (I don't think anyway?)

9 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Or get so drunk that you don't care/know how cold/uncomfortable it is...

I actually retreated to the shelter of the car at Shitefest '18 to:
a) try and drown out the incessant snoring and
b) find somewhere that was slightly more midge-proof!

Good to see this will likely be a good turnout.  To reiterate, I'm at the Ipswich-Felixstowe rally the following day in the bASe - so will make an appearance at Shotley during Saturday.  I might not camp over as A) I'll likely have a child with me and 3) Tenting is gay.  Hopefully we can get a go on an old Bus - I'd pay £manymonies for a run out on an Atlantean or, failing that, just a chance to hear that iconic sound for a while. 

And it's only 2 months to go!  

1 hour ago, egg said:

Let's hope the country isn't on virus lockdown by then!

Bloody hell, how big is this football pitch if we're getting the required 5000 shiters on it to make a 'large gathering'.

Still a month until the powers that be say when I'll be working that weekend. Unless the above does happen in which case I'll be effectively unemployed and free for the whole thing....

If any shiters have problems getting there, say major vehicular problems....and you're sort of on the way down from Teesside then i'd be more than happy to give you a lift.

I will likely be bringing some nice cold*** drinks with me and snacks and so on, probably be keeping these in the car, feel free to take as much as you want during the event.

*can't promise they will still be cold by the time of arrival

21 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Definitely up for museum visit.

I'm travelling all the way from the west coast! Though my bit of west coast is quite a bit more east than the Cornish idea of west coast...

Decent trek! mines about 260 miles each way, from oooop north.

love a long journey though.......but that damn wheel wooble drives me nuts