UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

My own opinion is that it is likely, as by May all the suggestions are we will still be seeing increases in the daily number of cases/deaths.

I'll be losing my premier inn money, unless they relax the terms, but this seems to be the least of my worries.

Harrumph. 

Is it a mass gathering? Surely just a few* people who happened to be on the same large field with a shared interest in clapped out and disappointing cars? 

I imagine Ipswich - Felixstowe historic run will be off like everything else this summer, so we’ll see more and more “pop up” events happening. 

It’d be great if this could be one. 

27 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Fucksake... finally actually get a Shitefest i can go to. I say hell or high water I’ll be there.... then there’s a fucking national emergency which gets in the way... 

It’s like I’m not meant to go or something! 

if it makes you feel better, very much the same situation here

and I cant even get my car roadworthy because of it! 

yall get stuck isolation and your cars are right by you ready for tinkering/swearing at, but mine is stuck in a field 100 miles away *grumble* LOL

(although I am still very thankful for that storage!)

on the plus side, at least me not being able to get REV roadworthy for May does not actually mean I will miss shitefest afterall! LOL

26 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Fucksake... finally actually get a Shitefest i can go to. I say hell or high water I’ll be there.... then there’s a fucking national emergency which gets in the way... 

It’s like I’m not meant to go or something! 

I've got annual leave. Looking forward to it now. 

Just waiting for the Ambulance service to declare major incident so they can cancel all leave. 

I'm midway through a week off. The 164 is 150 yards from the house and so far all I've done is start the twat up and move it the ten feet or so available just to check it rolls OK pending the other cars hemming it in being moved. Compared to LBF I've got it easy (already got a license, car runs, it's only about 35 miles) and it's still pissed me off. TL, DR: Amish is a grumpy cunt. 

The museum has now closed its doors for foreseeable future so that's out the window now even if this was still to go ahead, we'll see how long this virus lasts for but hopefully we might be able to redo this again in August or September time, that said with every other event poseponing until later in the year there might not even be enough time for it? 

6 hours ago, BL Bloke said:

I've just received an email from the Premier Inn saying that if I'm not able stay I have an opportunity to re-book or cancel. 

Like you and Wobbler, I have it too and have cancelled. Looks like my summer job (exam invigilating) might well not be happening, so it's £60 I'd rather have back now...

1 minute ago, Jim Bell said:

Uuuuurgh I wonder if airb&b do refunds. Correct choice though. 

They did when my sprog came down with chickenpox the day we due to fly to Spain last year - needed a letter from the Doc and they did a 100% refund.

Not sure about these circumstances mind.

31 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

So are we definitely postponing? I also have that Premier Inn message. Good on them.

22 minutes ago, egg said:

Like you and Wobbler, I have it to and have cancelled. Looks like my summer job (exam invigilating) might well not be happening, so it's £60 I'd rather have back now...

Yes I have cancelled mine as well.

Well done Premier Inn for letting me cancel my non-Flex booking for a refund.

I am sorry it is cancelled so many were looking forward to it, but this is was the only real decision under the circumstances.