The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I've never worked out what it's called. It's on the hill on the road up to Bridge of Don and seems to be in two parts, a private bit in a massive quarry hole and the public bit up top.

Edit- this one https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.179882,-2.150574,3a,90y,327.21h,91.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOG1kM8l9iWh55LHN5y4SSw!2e0?hl=en

That's Persley.

Spotted dolly at sainsburys. Nothing to do with you is it Mr Wobbler? pa2ybymu.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using the force.

Not a Dolly, it's a normal 2CV Spécial. Now all Dolly's are spécials, but not all spécials are dollys!

I appear to have booked the beige one's MoT for tomorrow afternoon.  Gave me the kick up the arse to sort the handbrake, fix the foglight (blown bulb) and get the front number plate screwed back on which has been off the car for most of the last year.  I'm going to fail on rust that I already know about, but at least the welder next Wednesday will then know how much of a crash diet he needs to put my wallet on.

Spotted a really 'used' looking Vauxhall Viva this morning. In glorious white with brown streaks. Seems to be in daily use as it is taxed and parks up in slightly different place. No pics as had no camera, but will try again in the morning.

Looked dreadful, so full marks to the owner!

Me and a mate took this new wagon up for whitewalls today. It's an Imperial Landaulet, built on a 1996 LTI Fairway (black cab) chassis. The photos don't really show it, but it's fucking HUGE. 2.7 N.A. Nissan diesel with 3 speed autobox. Driving it over a humpback bridge was bloody scary. Having all the aerodynamic qualities of a brick supermarket, it tops out at about 60. There's fuck all room in the front, it has no demister and the steering is mega vague. However, my mate who owns it has already taken deposits for weddings as far away as 2016. Demand is mega. He got 3 calls about it in the short time we were out and about today. It's a new build, SVA'd, retains the ID and reg of the original vehicle.

Lovely in the back, though.

The RX-8 in the background is fucked, as you might imagine.

post-8466-0-97103900-1395338696_thumb.jpg

post-8466-0-07023700-1395338706_thumb.jpg

post-8466-0-64734500-1395338710_thumb.jpg

Pendant

I'll have you know I've been published in Pedant's corner in Private Eye. 8)

It's just a bit of a sore point in 2CV circles that everyone calls them Dollys when they're not :-D

In other news, still waiting for quotes for the headgasket, but the new starter fires it up like a dream. Makes me realise how noisy and slow the old one was.  Just a shame it's sending smoke signals at traffic lights!

^ this. However, the Imperial is hugely popular with brides to be. My pal runs 2 LWB S Classes as well, and is seriously toying with the idea of a new-ish RR PhatNob. The Imperial is (obv.) only for weddings, but the Mercs and the prospective Royce double up nicely in the executive hire game (as do the 2 Vianos he runs, one of which is mine).

I've agreed to take on another Princess.  It will be stored and worked on in a more different place to my three other cars.  There is a bloody good reason for taking this one on though, it's a bit special.

Sam Glovers one?.

As my minds been on doom and gloom things today i decided to paint my Cortinas rear seats to take my mind of them, Here's some refresher photos from before.

post-3625-0-65758900-1395343179_thumb.jpg

and after graffiti remover and pressure washing.

post-3625-0-98424400-1395343180_thumb.jpg

Better but miles from perfect, I dropped my front seats off at the trimmers recently and they recommended a local company who sell very good vinyl paint in any colour, they are called http://shop.bradleysmart.co.uk/ by the way, a expensive £66 later i had 5 cans of colour matched paint and a bottle of Plasticprep.

post-3625-0-26252800-1395343379_thumb.jpg

i gave them a good wipe over with the prep which makes the vinyl tacky and also wiped them with a tack rag as it's all in the prep!

I'm very pleased with the results, I am slightly concerned that the colour might be slightly grey but I have enough paint to do the door cards if needs be and i still need to do the front seats once i get them back, the paint is fantastic, it's not sticky or tacky in anyway, I just hope it's as long lasting as they say it is.

post-3625-0-61709600-1395343380_thumb.jpg

post-3625-0-08197700-1395343382_thumb.jpg

It is a long way from me, and it's even further away than its new storage home.  The main problem at the moment is that the new storage facility is a bit on the full side and the old storage facility is disappearing fairly soon, that's my biggest logistical problem at present.

All the work the car needs can be done at the new storage facility as I'll have access to a complete restoration workshop and the car will be used for promotional purposes as well as being fully road legal.  Such is the plan at any rate.  Princesses are pretty simple cars and having the 1800 B series in it getting the engine in good shape isn't going to be that difficult if it needs it.

It's a big, big job to sort it out but because of what it is, I believe it's worth doing, especially since it has documentation to prove it's the first one.

Those Rear seats look bloody superb Trigger, well done!

I'm well chuffed with it, Ok so there's a few nicks and marks on the seat if you look closely but this paint was transform the seat, it honestly looks and feels original and unpainted.

Even the wife was impressed when i showed her!

Changed nearside rear wheel bearing on 18 today.

Not as much of a bastard as the front one but really need to get myself a decent bearing puller set, my puller is completely shit.

Almost gave up getting the race off the stub axle but managed to pry it with a crowbar - result!

A drive tomorrow will tell if I changed the right one!