An estate [Bought an estate, in a state] SOLD IT

JJ0063

Finished the first round of interior cleaning and it’s starting to come up alright! 

exterior it’s a bit fucked, the passenger rear door is knackered, boot is dented, OSR arch scraped, front bumper splitter drift stitched etc. I haven’t washed it yet, just had the hose out so hosed the passenger side down and wiped it with a mitt to see how bad it is. When it’s cooled down this evening I might wash it but I’ve run out of wheel cleaner and these have dust absolutely baked on. 

It starts and runs lovely though, has cruise, auto lights and wipers, bluetooths, USB, parking sensors etc. 

Came with 2 keys, book pack, and a Ska album in the stereo.

Excuse the posts/hedge cuttings. I’m trying to make the drive a bit bigger/easier access but gave up after getting blisters trying to dig the post out in the 30 degree heat 😂

IMG_9684.jpeg

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9691.jpeg

IMG_9692.jpeg

• JJ0063 changed the title to An estate [Bought an estate, in a state]

Fair play for having a go yourself. I'd be waving £30 underneath the Albanian's noses over at the disused Fina garage and seeing how they got on.  Then again, I'm lazy and talentless.

You've done well there boyo.  They look smashing too innit?

12 minutes ago, andyberg said:

What does the ' bobble' feel like?

That is autoshite purchasing at its finest.

Honestly, like a slightly unbalanced wheel. I actually remember my old S40 feeling exactly the same and I never did sort it. It’ll be a driveshaft though I’m almost certain. Wheels look like they have shiny weights on.

14 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Even so, may be worth swopping the fronts, see if the 'bobble' bobs over.

Yeah I may well do that if I can be arsed one day! 

It’s honestly that minor that I wouldn’t have even mentioned it if I was selling it. I’ve definitely owned cars which shake more.

I very much got the impression the guy just wanted rid and didn’t really care. He’d owned it since 2016 and it didn’t look like he’d cleaned it inside or out in that time, he also said that he hadn’t got the funds to pay garage labour to have it looked at due to his wife recently leaving him and him having to furnish the flat he lives in. He was going today to buy a motorbike - reading between the lines I think it’s a mid life crisis type thing where he’s recently single and wants a motorbike so is letting the car go 😂

29 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Unreal. Just goes to show, there are still bargains to be had if you're in the right place at the right time!

Can't think why blokey didn't go down the WBAC route himself if he just wanted shot of it, but his loss is your gain... best of luck!

Realistically they’d have knocked it down to £4-500 upon arrival and after all the admin charged etc then he’d have had to wait a few days unless he paid them extra to get his bacs straight away and it’s highly likely he just wanted £400 in his pocket asap to go and buy his bike.

By the way, don’t bother swapping the wheels round, it will be the driveshaft. Promise.

3 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Not a shite tyre is it? I had a wobble on our old Ford C Max years ago. One of the tyres was like a 50 pence piece which caused the wobble.

Either way a steal that is for the money, well bought.

Nah he’s had a new tyre on the side he thinks is the issue 

Honestly it’s so minor, well felt like it was, on the 9 mile drive home that I probably won’t even fix it in all honesty.

Have just taxed it and stuck a few hours temp cover on it so I can take the dogs to the river in a bit, will see how we get on! 

3 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

Great buy. 

At the price I wouldn't be worrying about sorting the scratches etc, its class having a car you can just park and forget and not obsess about trolley dings etc.

Yeah I think the plan is just to give it a good clean, replace things like the broken mirror indicator, rear wiper arm, try and get the towing eye cover to stay in as it just falls out. 

Might stick some compound on a rag and tidy some scuffs up but I’m not going to the extremes of replacing panels and whatnot, ultimately it’ll be used until I get bored then stuck on here, if I can get my money back and a drink then there’s still some in it for the next person!

Oh, I’ll also get the air con gassed as it’s cold for 2 mins then goes luke warm..

54 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Yeah I think the plan is just to give it a good clean, replace things like the broken mirror indicator, rear wiper arm, try and get the towing eye cover to stay in as it just falls out. 

Might stick some compound on a rag and tidy some scuffs up but I’m not going to the extremes of replacing panels and whatnot, ultimately it’ll be used until I get bored then stuck on here, if I can get my money back and a drink then there’s still some in it for the next person!

Oh, I’ll also get the air con gassed as it’s cold for 2 mins then goes luke warm..

Before you get it gassed check the pulleys on the compressor, we had a C30 that had ice cold a/c for a few minutes then faded away . A bit of Googling on Volvo sites identified it and there’s a bodge involving packing something or other to stop it happening- can’t remember any details, helpful huh?

What a weapon. 

Even Mrs JJ said it’s great.

Beauty of a shitter is things like this, park on the side of a grass verge to take the dogs in the river, who gives a shit if someone scrapes it?

OBC says average MPG is 59.7 

Dogs are happy in the boot, need to get a divider before the lab goes in otherwise there would end up being a fight.

Chuffed to bits for £400!

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9702.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9705.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nyphur said:

When folk are saying these are a Focus underneath - how much is shared between the two?

Brakes and engines deffo are, we used to make the brakes in Ford, only difference was they were etched Volvo on them.

Can't go wrong with a focus either, very well made cars.

Well bought. That's the kind of thing I'm constantly looking out for. Buy first, ask questions afterwards!Another nice thing, nobody's told you it's got the ABC engine and will shit itself by Tuesday. Whereas you should have bought one with the XYZ engine, which would last at least till next weekend, so long as you overhaul it with genuine parts!

39 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

image.png.75d153bf23eca8113f1c1ae815605459.png

Yeah they look it 😂

You could blank the rear windows out, put one of those revolving vents in the roof, get some "Dog Unit" stickers.....