An estate [Bought an estate, in a state] SOLD IT

JJ0063

On 6/24/2023 at 10:49 PM, somewhatfoolish said:

Sounds like one of the tyres has a carcass defect; jack up the suspect corner and spin the wheel while looking carefully at the tread for lumpy bits. May not be the obvious suspect so check all 4.

Ahem. 🤣

I’m sure I’m just being tight but when did tyres get so expensive?! Cheapest budgets I can find are about £57 each, anything branded is around £125 a corner upwards! Jesus, it’ll have Linglongmakkadangdangs and think itself lucky.

3 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I’m sure I’m just being tight but when did tyres get so expensive?! Cheapest budgets I can find are about £57 each, anything branded is around £125 a corner upwards! Jesus, it’ll have Linglongmakkadangdangs and think itself lucky.

What's the size? There are some slightly oddball sizes which are a lot more expensive, only due to the fact there is less choice out there. 215/55/16 was an example of this up until not too long ago

6 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

This is prime Autoshite, buy a car and then spend more than its purchase price on improving it 😂

I honestly think it’s worth it on this occasion 😂

5 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What's the size? There are some slightly oddball sizes which are a lot more expensive, only due to the fact there is less choice out there. 215/55/16 was an example of this up until not too long ago

205/50/17 - not sure how common that is! 

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Also; bold of you to think you won't be bored of it come MOT time in November 🤣

True but it’s one of those things that it owes me so little, it’s worth hanging onto! 

I did just tally up my spend so far and my £850 all in estimate is going to be a little light 😂 but still..

Car: £400

————————————-

Driveshafts: £201.69

Gearbox oil: £34.53

Badges: £16.44

Rear wiper: £9.99

Mirror indicator: £8.98

Total to date: £271.63

I’ll end up another £110 deep this week on tyres unless I get part worns for £25 each..

Then cambelt/water pump will be £90 plus labour 

£75 windscreen excess 

I reckon I’m in for £950 finished

Got to be worth £2000 upwards even with tatty bodywork surely? It’s still a 2012 cheap tax model with decent spec, lots of history and will be freshly belted/pumped with a few new parts.

I also have these random Mini driveshafts to sell which can hopefully get me say £100 back to knock off the total 

41 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

205/50/17 - not sure how common that is!

Its not an overly common size, hence it being more expensive - £57 for a new 17" tyre seems pretty reasonable to me though.

Love the bargain you've picked up btw - looks to be coming together nicely for you.

59 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

landsail seem to be one of the better brand of ditchfinders

11 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

£125 a corner is cheaper than a funeral. 🤣

Just now, Cento16v said:

I have a full set of V60 wheels with 2 Pirelli and 2 either Michelin or Contis on (I can't remember which) in the garage you can have for 150 quid, same as these:

Screenshot_20230703-092640.thumb.png.c412c0b29ee960580d892c2988d567f8.png

Thanks, typically just bought 2 new tyres and my fronts are only a couple of months old too! Thanks though!

22 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Hardwired a dashcam in today, also had a pair of ali roof bars in the garage which seem to go well with the factory rails so chucked them on for being the ultimate practical wagon.

Home straight now, need to book in for 2 rear tyres, timing belt/service and a windscreen.

Screen can wait until MOT time in November, timing belt can be done once I’ve sold the BM. 

Rough calculations make it give or take £850 all in with new shafts, new tyres, service, belt, water pump and windscreen. 

Still over the moon with it. 

There is no way you will still have this come November.

Sold the random mini driveshafts I got sent with the Volvo ones today! 

Figures update:

Car: £400

-£2.25 found in change 

Driveshafts: £201.69

Gearbox oil: £34.53

Badges: £16.44

Rear wiper: £9.99

Mirror indicator: £8.98 but got -£1.08 refund 

2 tyres: £110.60

Mini driveshafts -£100

Total to date:

£678.90

2 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

I suppose there is only a relatively small chance that the seller will notice the mistake and ask for them back

It’s a massive company and they’ve sent me them attached to the other ones under one postage label so no idea how they’d know and to be honest not my problem if they ask 😂

3 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

It’s a massive company and they’ve sent me them attached to the other ones under one postage label so no idea how they’d know and to be honest not my problem if they ask 😂

Finders keepers....