Shitefest '23 Confirmed 14/15th July - North Wales (again!)

Sunny Jim

Enjoyed my stay at the Hafod, and caught up with some reading..

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.c27acc500fa0ee68149727d1cefc9b70.jpeg

I had a look at the weather and the traffic  from my tranquil bolt hole in the cambrian mountains and basically did an about turn and headed due south, and went home. Im definitely less hardcore than i used to be 😂

Sorry to have slipped away folks, the logistics just didn't work out today with borrowing cars and the MOT/ SORN status of my fleet. 

Looks like the air museum was good fun, slightly jealous! Who's that sat in the Vampire cockpit? Having been lucky enough to be in one before it's certainly cosy....

Hopefully you've managed to avoid getting *too* wet in the wild weather...

20230714_211703.thumb.jpg.4017076864c66739a8e60735402e63c1.jpg20230715_135059.thumb.jpg.3b6acf274bc335e4bdf53a3cbfb100eb.jpg20230715_132543.thumb.jpg.1d84a02232f2aaeb38fd6ed8505b0688.jpgWe are back, the 1310 battled through some very wet roads with barely a hitch (the fuse for the wipers worked loose at one point) and is now unloaded.

Thanks for a lovely day to everyone who came and to @Sunny Jim for organising again.

Sorry we left early but soggy girls were getting restless.  Hope the rest of the weekend goes well and that the Skoda is an easy fix.

On 14/07/2023 at 17:13, richardmorris said:

Took me four and a half hours to drive up from home to the parents, awful weather and worse drivers. Came up the toll road ( how much?!) and then had a magical mystery satnav tour of Walsall’s country lanes to get to the m54.

Friday, I finished my last shift in Aston, at 1:30 pm. Drove the mile to the M6, and the next 110 miles home took until 6:30 pm. Admittedly I stopped for coffee at Hilton Park and a sleep at Sandbach. (My eyes keep closing) but the whole journey cemented my decision not to work away from home ever again. 

Off to the Isle of Arran on holiday tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

AnnoyingPentium had a mishap on a single track road, two flat tyres and a bent wishbone (?). 

9 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Front wheel sure looks like it's taken a fair belt to be pushed back so far. Hope it's not too ££ to resurrect, fella.

9 hours ago, hairnet said:

haugland in full effekt

least you didnt fall off or worse

saw someone say skoda shenanigans didnt know it was this

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Oh shite! hope @AnnoyingPentium is doing alright after the ordeal/has gotten home safe and sound and that the damage to the Skoda is minimal/easily repaired

Thanks guys for the messages. Just popping a wee message on here to say I'm alright, and I'd like to thank @KruJoe, @Ghosty, and @Sunny Jim for the rescue on that big hill. Also massive thanks to @catsinthewelder for providing me with a tent to keep the rain off my head. One of the SVM are giving me a run home too, so massive thanks to them, and also everyone at SF who has been really supportive.

I'm currently awaiting news as to when my car will be returned back to Scotland, but I was told this coming week or the next.

Cheers.

Obligatory group shot

IMG_20230716_110230__01.thumb.jpg.98c8bc802a61c83f8d808aceffe8620a.jpg

Thanks to all who made the effort to attend a memorable if soggy weekend. Honourable mentions to the SVM for square breakfasts and the TV Themes Quiz and Entertainments Officer @binhoker668for suggesting Saturday's excursion and providing the much needed group shelter.

Prif's sleeping it off in the back of the car, thanks for all the fuss and treats he's had this weekend.

IMG_20230716_132754.thumb.jpg.4cf51ac2b8892225278223700d07ba1a.jpg

Safe travels home everyone