A car that no one here has owned or driven?

sdkrc

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

@wuvvum - that Commer van is amazing, does it still exist anywhere? ❤️ 

No idea.  I sold it about 16 years ago.  Put it on eBay, chap from Cornwall won it, came up on the train, got in to Norwich at 12:45am, got to the garage at 1am and had to then fire up the ancient Perkins 4.236 from cold and do a 17-point turn to get the van out of the drive, much to the delight of all the neighbours.  He got in and drove off, no T&T on the van by then and a top speed of 45mph.  I assume it must have made it because it resurfaced in Cornwall a couple of years later, but I've not seen any sign of it since.

41 minutes ago, RobT said:

Hardly affordable these days, but NSU Ro80 anyone?  Preferably with a rotary engine.

Or a VW K70.

I had a K70 for a while, a 1.8 LS. Only ever drove it once though. It had one day of MOT left on it, and when I began to dig into the questionable repairs... no hope of getting another! It's still around, eventually sold it to a friend of mine and it's currently awaiting restoration.

K70.thumb.jpg.3c245c0eb10a332de434ebf6ca13e3a1.jpg

And when my mate finally took the damn thing away....

20190524_203028.thumb.jpg.81af86dcf08002489146f90824caaa56.jpg

16 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Vauxhall Albany? I bet nobody has owned one but I have a feeling @NorfolkNWeighsaid he'd driven one back in the day.

Or the Sintra? Anyone have any experience of them?

Sintra may be a winner here. It's utterly shit, cheap and obscure. 

The Albany is just a rebadged Japanese something so I expect someone here has owned one

3 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Simca 1000 or 1100? I did borrow an 1100 van to pic up a sideboard from the Isle of Wight

I owned an 1100 for 2-3 months while at uni. Bought at Hobbs & Parker in Ashford for £100, flogged to another student for 300. The colour was I believe ‘Sweetcorn’, a dark yellow. Sadly no photos.

2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I’ve seen Peugeot 204s mentioned but no actual proof of driving/owning one on the 5 years I’ve been here.

2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Then of course I discover Nigel Bickle has/had one.

BNP204M, as owned from new by my mate Bron's dad.  

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Vauxhall Albany? I bet nobody has owned one but I have a feeling @NorfolkNWeighsaid he'd driven one back in the day.

Or the Sintra? Anyone have any experience of them?

What a memory! Only elephants and MrsN recalling anything I’ve ever done wrong could beat that.
Yes I’ve had the pleasure of driving a Vauxhall Albany, Ascot Ladies Day 1991 ( I think) borrowed from Vauxhall Fleet Sales as a demo. I was disappointed to discover it wasn’t column change . Although the vehicle was the least of my problems as a 27 year old ( almost) innocent trying to control, fend off 6 older Directors secretaries after they’d been at the free champagne all day. Luckily I was made of stern stuff in those days and volunteered the following year where I used a hired Transit Executive - an altogether better machine.

27 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Ok, Daewoo Leganza?

A white MK1 Espace? 

A limited "swopz only" edition Accord?

Oh, nevermind .. 🤣🤣

I think @Mine's a Leganza! might be able to help you here.  I drove one when they were launched, but that was 25 years ago.  It seemed perfectly acceptable when it was new.

6 minutes ago, brandersnatch said:

My dad had one. Last car he bought before he died. Leukaemia, the car had nothing to do with it. 

A friend at university had a Persona automatic. Not the sort of car you'd expect a pretty young cheerleader to drive, but she did.