What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Goodwood Revival. It was one of the best years I’ve had there. Almost no shite to be spotted but (and excise the pic quality), I did jog after this to get a pic. It was on a V plate and is a Mitsubishi. The proportions are perfect, I love it. But what model is it?

1EDEFE05-1C5B-4028-B261-4E9A863B7836.jpeg

Celeste (which is effectively a Lancer coupe). Looks like a late one which would have rectangular headlamps. Quite a wide engine choice with three different 1.6/2-litre options available, fairly straightforward underpinnings but they look great.

I wonder if that one has been lowered a touch? They always seemed to sit a bit high.

2 minutes ago, Wack said:

I'd like a comedy motorhome please , tall but really short 

Certainly sir , bring your 60k this way 

Screenshot_20230911-085657_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7a9802519f90d5ffb460828a324f8752.jpg

Also mostly pointless, the length of those vans is totally not a problem - It's the width that makes them feel big on our roads.

A LWB transporter or something would have more room inside and feel smaller to drive. I suppose there's the small chance that someone has a wide but short driveway.

4 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Also mostly pointless, the length of those vans is totally not a problem - It's the width that makes them feel big on our roads.

A LWB transporter or something would have more room inside and feel smaller to drive. I suppose there's the small chance that someone has a wide but short driveway.

The footprint cant be much bigger than a range rover , I didn't even know they made vans with that short a wheelbase 

vido from last weeks meet at washy, exo featuring prominently near the start 

and being driven almost sensibly on the way out too :) 

was a really nice, relaxed meet, decent selection of cars and friendly folks too. first wed of the month during the summer at the North East Restoration Club.

(don’t know who Andy is but he seems like a decent bloke)

vido from last weeks meet at washy, exo featuring prominently near the start 
and being driven almost sensibly on the way out too  
was a really nice, relaxed meet, decent selection of cars and friendly folks too. first wed of the month during the summer at the North East Restoration Club.
(don’t know who Andy is but he seems like a decent bloke)
Keep meaning to pop along to this .... I've said for the last 4 years

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

not sure if there will be one in october, dark nights and crap weather  
but there’s still twixfest to look forward to this weekend - you coming ?
In Scotland Thursday Friday back late Saturday is current plan so unlikely unfortunately not running any "shite" at the minute but do have the 330bhp company car

Oh it keeps up and embarrasses most hot hatches etc ... and and hybrid so massive instant torque. And wafts in luxury too ... I have a much higher spec one on order for February delivery so have this in the mean time but can't really call it the base or pov version when it's still a lovely place to be and is over £45k for this model 48dbbb16c15dea7ac3fa4c3392c3bab5.jpg

19 hours ago, cobblers said:

The seivel vans always came in bizarro lengths - all they need to do is add less sections in the middle so it's an easy way to add another model. Check thise mofo out:

Peugeot J5 swb | And a short wheelbase Peugeot J5. This look… | Flickr

A local removal firm has a short wheelbase, high top Sprinter that looks very odd, similar to below.

image.jpeg.063dfca8ec991757d6a4e9c94dfd5afd.jpeg

3 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

A local removal firm has a short wheelbase, high top Sprinter that looks very odd, similar to below.

image.jpeg.063dfca8ec991757d6a4e9c94dfd5afd.jpeg

There's a good number of these Sprinters and the Iveco Daily equivalent used here in Bg.

They do look very strange.

I'll try get pics next time I spot 1.

My brother is insane. He wants a stop gap car as his Volvo lease has just finished. 

He's thinking about a 2.2 Sorrento in fucking Liverpool, only 3 hours away that looks like an Eastern european special. Bear in mind the mental cunt hasn't got a car to go and look at it.

I just found him a couple of year older, lower mileage Touran 5 minutes away, that's half the price, but apparently that isn't good enough.

The Sorrento seller will deliver it too apparently.